“Great Stay”

Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 42 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 April 2013

My wife and I took a last minute overnight trip to Natchez just to get away. We decided to stay at the Natchez Manor and it was a great decision. The location made it easy to walk around the town. The staff were exceptional. Anything we needed or wanted was taken care of. Breakfast was nice and the live music in the bar downstairs was just an added pleasure. The only thing that concerned me a little was the parking, it's on the road in front of the building but that turned out ok. We will surely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We were in Natchez for 3 nights. Natchez Manor was the perfect location for shopping, eating, and walking even down to the riverfront. Jade and Minnie and the rest of the staff were fabulous. Breakfast was a true southern style and more than enough. We were never hungry enough to eat at lunchtime after what we were served for breakfast. We would get hungry again around 5 or 6 PM in time for dinner at the many wonderful restaurants recommended by the staff. We stayed in their cheapest room which was nice and clean with a very comfortable bed. Everything is new! What more could you ask for at such a reasonable price compared to most of the other places available.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We (husband and I) were in Natchez for business & pleasure--I, a conference, he, wandering around. Natchez Manor is ideally located close by the convention center, within walking distance of lots of beautiful and interesting places--from cemeteries to the bluff views. The hotel is new and clean in an 1800's mercantile building; the breakfast is grits'n'eggs'n'biscuits, the price is right. We enjoyed our stay! A few things to keep in mind: no dresser in our room, so it was a good thing our stay was short & we could grab from the suitcase; breakfast starts after, not on, the stated time of 7:30 (important only if you have to be somewhere at 8:00); and the bar can get pretty exuberant, but some rooms are shielded from its sound. The rooftop lounge will be very nice once it's had its spring clean-up. Staff helped with our requests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Super convenient, friendly, clean, and nice staff. Stayed for a girls trip for spring pilgrimage. We had rooms right across the hall from each other. It was a great stay!! Close to antique shops and restaurants. The bar downstairs looked fun, we were just too tired.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Pros: The staff were polite, friendly and did what they could to help. Genuinely affable and every person went out of their way to try to help.
The hotel seems to have had a recent refurbishment, the facilities seem very new.
The breakfast was a good, regular southern breakfast.

Cons: It took over an hour to check us in because they couldn't find our booking. Turns out it was there and had just been missed as the person at the desk just didn't know how to use the system. We were the only people staying at the manor that day.
The WiFi was not available and the staff had no way of attempting to repair it. We wasted approximately another hour trying to find solutions, but nobody present was sure how it worked. Being part of a road trip, the promise of WiFi was critical in our choice of where to stay.
I feel if the staff were properly trained, these problems could have been avoided.
The windows overlook the street and there's no netting to stop a direct view into the room meaning you leave your curtains closed permanently.
The shower head needed replacing, the shower itself was good but the water was spraying in multiple directions.
The free parking was dubious, the spot in question outside the hotel had just 2 hours free parking, but we were just told by the staff that it was fine parking there anyway. The booking was advertised as having free parking.
The lighting was very bright in communal areas as though in a supermarket, created a strange ambiance.

Room Tip: Try not to be on the ground floor, the windows look directly onto the street.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ma0sm
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We wanted to get out of town for New Yeras and decided on Natchez! We enjoyed our stay. Staff was very friendly and accomodating! Breakfast was delicious! Great location! Close to the casinos and shops!! Minnie and the rest of the staff are great and very welcoming! Our room was warm, clean, and welcoming.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I recently traveled to Natchez, MS and was going through the town and decided to stay the weekend. I heard about all the bed and breakfasts in Natchez so I decided to ride downtown and came upon the Natchez Manor. As I walked inside I was greated by the most friendliest people I think I have ever met. Mrs Minnie the front desk clerk and Mrs. Rebecca the general manager greated me with the warmest welcome I had ever had walking into a hotel. I had told them that I did not have a reservation but as I looked around and saw how beautiful and clean everything was I wanted to stay here. They told me that they had rooms available and let me look online and I chose the perfect one. I stayed in the Madison room 12. I came in on a Thursday night and was told upfront that there would be karaoke until midnight and also friday they were having an alpha fundraiser and a band saturday night. I thought how wonderful. I checked in and was taken to my room, you don't get that at any inn, and was showed where I would have breakfast the next morning and where the Piano Bar was where the events would be taken place and also the rooftop which was absolutely gorgeous. We proceeded to my room and as Mrs. Rebecca opened the door I was blown away. Throughout the entire place I have mnever seen such beautiful antiques. Each room was dressed a different way and was so nice.

That night I went downstairs to see what the karaoke was all about and had a blast. They had $5 drink specials and different drinks specials that all tasted wonderful. I had some chicken wings as well that were cooked to profection. The next morning I was again greeted with warmth and welcome as I drank a hot cup of coffee and had a delicous hot full breakfast and had the most amazing conversation with Mrs. Minnie and learned so much about natchez and the natchez manor.

I went out and shopped at the antique stores that were right in the heart just a few blocks from the manor.

Saturday night I had gone downstairs and enjoyed listening the the blues band that they had playing.

All in all I had the best stay of my time and would highly recommend the Natchez Manor. It is so beautiful, clean and has the most wonderful staff and management that make you feel right at home. This was my home away from home and Will most definately come back.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful stay and all the pleasentries that you showed me the weekend.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo