“where"s the beef?”

Ranked #32 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Shreveport, Louisiana
“where"s the beef?”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had occasion to stay at Natchez Manor last February. It was advertised to me as a sort of "bed & breakfast" establishment, and I was expecting a full breakfast. The accommodations themselves were top notch, but in the morning, no staff showed up to prepare any breakfast. I called management on the "emergency" number, and was assured that a cook would be arriving shortly; however, by 9:30 a.m., when my seminar started, nobody was there. When I checked out, I mentioned this gross oversight, but was never offered any compensation whatever for not having received what I paid for. Obviously, I can't comment on the quality of the food!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank David D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My daughter (Atlanta native) and her new husband (former resident of Natchez) selected Natchez Manor for their wedding party and out of town guest, during their engagement party weekend. EVERYONE (24 guest) were overwhelmed by the clean rooms, door plaques with names of renowned African Americans, dining room hospitality, food selection, taste and service. The front desk staff were very informative about local accomodations, and the beds were extremely comfortable! I felt like royatly! Then there was the lounge area below; we partied til 1 am. Overall, this establishment is top notch in our book. We will ALWAYS stay ONLY at this Bed and Breakfast everytime we visit Natchez!

Room Tip: The Alexandria Room was beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lori P
Falls Church, Virginia
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I recommend Natchez Manor to anyone looking for a place to stay in Natchez. All of the staff was so nice; I felt like I was staying with family instead in a boutique hotel. The food was good and they put together a room for my extended family to meet on a moment's notice.

Some have written about the noise of the basement bar area, but I was staying on the second floor and really didn't hear anything and had no trouble sleeping. And, the bed/linens have extra added touches to make the sleeping experience very luxurious.

And, I put "excellent" below for everything, but I don't have kids so don't know about kid's activities and there wasn't a fitness center, but that's not something I was looking for.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Bradford which was very nice. Not a huge room but it had a little sitting area.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My husband and I have fallen in love with this place! This is our second time to stay...It is so clean and decorated first class.We love staying in the Empress suite, it has everything you need! It is located in the downtown and within walking distance to most shops and restaurants. The staff is amazing and take wonderful care of you ,very accomodating and friendly. It is a gorgeous place , with a wonderful breakfast, restaurant, first class piano bar, with a courtyard and roof top terrace. We feel at home here and will continue to stay at the Manor on our next visits...always look forward to our visits to Natchez. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner which made the experience even greater! Thanks to all of you at the Natchez Manor for always making our stay something to treasure!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gautier, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed there during the balloon races. All the staff members were so warm and welcoming. We walked everywhere that weekend, it is close to everything in the downtown area. We would definitely stay there again. The bartender Ken was fantastic, Miss Mary and Jade were always so friendly and helpful as was the whole staff.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I spent 24 hours in Natchez for the recent balloon races. I was shut out of many lodgings in the area, but the Natchez Manor bent over backwards to help me get a room there.

This was definitely a sign that the place is run by some very nice and accommodating people. was not disappointed when I got there -- welcomed by both Minnie and Jade at the front desk, they could not have been more helpful getting me settled and explaining a little geography to me. Parking on the street was easy too.

I stayed in the Venice room, and it was really beautiful. Really nice bed, gorgeous decor. Tasteful and nice.

It is also an easy walk to just about anywhere in downtown Natchez, from the bluffs to some of the historic houses and shopping.

I caught breakfast on the premises in the morning and chatted with a few of the other guests at the nearby tables. I enjoyed the breakfast and they served what I liked to my request. I don't need to have some big old country breakfast to make my day -- as long as it's good, it works for me.

I'd definitely come back here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The breakfast was typically southern. Breakfast time seemed to be a great time for meeting and visiting with other guests. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The facility is within walking distance to several nice restaurants. The staff - one cannot say enough nice things about them. We were welcomed and treated wonderfully from the time we arrived until we left. If you need information, all you need to do is ask. I would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone and will stay there again.
Nora B.