“Incredible Bed & Breakfast”

Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #31 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My family and extended family very much enjoyed our visit to the Natchez Manor last September. We stayed there for 3 wonderful nights. The rates were very reasonable and the staff was simply incredible. Each room comes with a "heavenly bed," flat screen television, top of the line toiletries, and beautiful and new bathrooms with granite countertops. I travel a ton and favor JW Marriott/Ritz Carlton properties. So I felt right at home at the Manor!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Parkville2010

Reviewed 16 April 2010

My husband and I went to the Manor partly for business, mostly for ourselves and our honeymoon. The staff was sooooo wonderful! Breakfast was made upon our request. Same with dinner. The cooks are so amazing. And the entertainment on the weekends is conveniently downstairs. It can get a little loud, but it starts at 9 and lasts to about 12. My husband happened to be playing with the band, so I guess I didn't mind it so much. Great location. Nice restaurants in the area. We ate at Blues and Bisquits, and walked it off by the riverwalk. Please please treat yourself to this place. It's amazing. We're leaving tonight to go back!...

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lizzysmack
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The Natchez Manor is beautiful and rooms are excellent. The staff is wonderful, But
on Friday and Saturday Nights in the basement there is a Piano Bar. The music was so loud that we could not go to sleep and could hear the bass when we were in the bed . Could not get to sleep . did not stop until about 10 minutes to l:00 in the morning . We never stay there again on a weekend. Paid over $200 and did not have a relaxing night that we had planned for a Bed and Breakfast

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tissm
Reviewed 18 February 2010

The web site says it all and the photos ring true, but our stay there exceeded expectations. We've decided it was the cleanliness and freshness of the rooms and the common areas of the hotel, coupled with the beautiful design and southern hospitality by all the staff. Oh, and the wonderful food, especially dinner. The bar is my favorite place in the hotel, probably the most beautiful and artful bar in Natchez. The wine was delicious and the music was just terrific! Hats off the Natchez Manor for showing us such a nice time.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ConstantComment
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Compared to hotels, the Natchez Manor is superb. Compared to other bed and breakfasts, it's probably middle-of-the-road. The two types of businesses are very different, because of the different sort of experience a traveler desires. Hotels are for people looking for a place to stay while they're doing something else (at a conference, etc.). A bed & breakfast is the desired experience, in and of itself. I wanted some quality time with the fiancee, and I wanted to explore downtown, so the Natchez Manor fit the bill.

The Pros:
- The Natchez Manor is less than a year old, so almost everything feels clean and new. It was an old commerce building, similar to the others downtown, but it was entirely renovated into a bed and breakfast.
- It's directly on Franklin Street, one of the main downtown streets, so you're just a few steps away from a coffee shop, all types of stores, and some good restaurants to choose from. I didn't really want to stay at an old plantation home on this trip, because I thought the hosts might be a bit nosy.
- The bed was massive and incredibly comfortable.
- The bar downstairs in the basement was fun to visit after dinner. We got a couple of beers and listened to the band play some jazzy tunes. They probably played from about 8pm to 12:30am on a weekend night, and we could hear them from our room. So if you are looking to go to bed early without hearing any noise, this might not be your thing on the weekends. But I wasn't looking to go to bed early, and I came to the Natchez Manor specifically because I heard about the downstairs bar and live music.
- I got to pick my themed room on the website.
- Non-smoking

The Cons:
- Bed and Breakfasts are generally expensive, since you're looking for a place that pampers you a bit. I spent about $200 bucks, which was more than I'd like. But that's about what you'll spend at most standard B&Bs. You get free coffee and food in the morning, which would otherwise cost you $20 or so, for two people. At Natchez Manor, the breakfast was grits, bacon, eggs, and toast.
- Most B&Bs have a cocktail hour or complimentary wine set out somewhere. The Natchez Manor's guest packet said they had a cocktail hour around 4pm, but the host didn't mention it when we arrived (around 4pm), and since we didn't see anything going on, we didn't really bother to ask.

Random info that might be helpful:
- Free wireless internet
- Easy parking out front (on a weekend, at least)
- Nice rooftop terrace (but it was raining while we were in town)
- Big flat-screen TV (never turned it on) and DVD player
- Very few other people at the hotel, which you might like or might find random.
- Couldn't figure out if my window opened....
- We could control our own air temperature.

All in all, I'd recommend the Natchez Manor to anyone looking for a downtown B&B with cleanliness, privacy, and a little nightlife. I don't splurge on B&Bs often, but if I'm in town again on a weekend, I'd certainly visit the bar downstairs for the live music.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank musictraveler57
Reviewed 1 December 2009

All rooms and facilities have been recently updated and have a cozy atmosphere, and the staff were all professional and accommodating. Additionally, the location could not be better. In downtown Natchez, there are plenty of shops and restaurants to visit, and a beautiful view of the Mississippi River is only a few blocks away. We recommend the Natchez Manor to anyone travelling through or to Natchez.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2009

I had the opportunity to say in the Empress Enyla Suite which was gorgeous. The suite provided me with all the amenites to increase my serenity. I enjoyed a good nights sleep and woke up feeling refreshed.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends