“Not to Worry”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was a little nervous booking here, but I wanted a river view and a Natchez native said the place was nice. Staff was excellent, room was clean and well decorated, and the view was fabulous. Breakfast was decent, and served in the hotel dining room, which is beautiful.

Room Tip: My only complaint was that my room overlooked the patio, where a considerable amount of partying wen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank EmmasTravelClub

Reviewed 24 May 2014

when reading about this hotel the thing we noted was its view of the Mississippi river and not much more couldn't find it right away from the directions we had yes, it did have a great view but the hotel itself left a lot to be desired it looked like a place in transition and the lobby looked modern but the room was another matter it was back in time, old and thrashed with the old box tv and an ottoman that was threadbare the room was also dark and gloomy when we complained about something that they should be told about, the attitude of the front office staff was "I don't care" this could be a really great place with a change in décor and staff there are better options close by

Room Tip: a room with a view but that does not make up for general attitude
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel itself is old and decor is not to my taste but it was clean and the views of Natchez, the Mississippi and the Bridge which links Vidalia with Natchez is hard to beat. There is a lovely pool. The staff were friendly and helpful. The food at the restaurant was very good and we had a splendid dinner there. Service might have been a might slow but as we were visiting with relatives it allowed for a great evening of conversation seeing as there was little noise and few interruptions. We all enjoyed our selection from the substantial variety available on the menu and were surprised with the undoubtedly superior food preparation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view! You will probably get a better view on the upper floors.
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We had a two night stay at the Vue and was pleasantly surprised. it looks as though our room had recently been remodeled. It had a very comfortable king size bed and flat screen tv. We also had great sunrise views of the river and pool.

3  Thank 1mosquitoman
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I've never been treated this bad at a hotel in my life! The lady at the desk is a nightmare! I was treated like a dog. The view was wonderful from my room. Other than the front desk lady everyone else was ok! I did find someone nice that was cleaning rooms. They are not an accommodating hotel. Don't ask for anything. It's the "we might not have it or go get it yourself place". Again I did have a room with a wonderful view of the Mississippi bridge! I wouldn't think about staying there again. Read the poor reviews about this place. Scary!!! The free breakfast was ok. The person who served me was loud as a bear! I feel that who ever owns this place is not interested in quality control. It's not the place for service. The food at the restaurant was good! I'll look for another place next time.

Room Tip: Your chances of getting a good room is 0. The front desk clerk is awful! I called this hotel from 5a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BlueSkys9
Reviewed 26 March 2014

If you want to take a "hot shower" you'd better get up before the Bus Tour groups get up for their tours. They are up and at it around 6:00am or so. Also, while I was there, the "hot water" tank went out, per Sh#$ra. All this took place while I was in town to funeralize my terminally ill father. Actually, my son and I had to take an "ice cold shower" on the day of my father's funeral. After speaking with several Front Desk Staff and making calls for the Hotel General Manager, R@#k to call me back, I heard from anyone. It was very disappointing how no one addressed this issue and the substandard level of customer service, while I received all the excuses in the world, and received not one apology, except,"...I am sorry; there's nothing I can do about this as this was beyond our control." I must say, I will NEVER go back to this hotel as long as "I am looking down at the grass."

Take heed folks; there are better hotels located just a stone's throw away, around the corner on Canal Street, unless "cold showers are your thing."

Room Tip: Rooms at another hotel may be the best option.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank coldshower01
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The couple of bad reviews had me a bit nervous but it was worth staying here for the view. It's an older property but they are trying. It has a bar and restaurant which is nice when you are traveling a lot. We got great info from a bartender on things to see and do in Natchez. They could stand to upgrade TVs but we weren't they to watch TV.

Room Tip: the view of the bridge is amazing
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple