“Big disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Texas
“Big disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Really disappointed in this hotel. The good news was quick and easy check in. After that it was downhill. The room was filthy, not sure it had been vacumed or cleaned in a very long time. Found two little round bugs that looked like ticks, one on bedspread and one crawling in my hair after lying on the bed. The bathroom was not clean,no railing in bathtub and bottom of tub slick. We travel alot with tours and alone and find no reason for such sloppy housekeeping. Never again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank texsmiley41

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Corsicana, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Made my reservation on-line and after reading other reviews, called them directly to ensure what type of room we would be given. There is the main hotel and another building that has been updated and I wanted a room in the main hotel. She was more than accommodating and made sure we had one of the suites with a window view of the river and bridge at no extra charge. When we got there, the staff was friendly and the room met our expectations. The view was awesome, especially at night when the bridge was all lit up. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The next morning we had breakfast in the restaurant and absolutely LOVED the grits. Even my daughter, who is very picky, raved about them. Wish I could get their recipe! Location was good. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank diane b
Tylertown, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Upon arrival...appearance could use more curb appeal. Advance reservations made. Greeted by friendly desk clerk who handled our reservation. The lobby is very welcoming with vibrant colors. Our room was located at the annex that has a secured entrance with key pass. Our room was on second floor and no elevator available. Which was no problem for us, but may be for others. The room was overlooking the river & bridge from the balcony or window view. We stayed in a master suite that was conjoined with adjacent room: a king size bed, 2 full bathrooms, refrigerator, microwave, sink, sitting area with tv, and hide-a-way bed. Large rooms for family with children. Doors between rooms open, but must be propped open or they'll shut and lock. Each room has a balcony with deck chairs to sit and enjoy the view of the river. During our stay we encountered small green bugs that fly outside on balcony. Bought bug spray, sprayed once, and rid them from our balconies. No more bugs!!
My only complaints are; the management didn't have regular grounds keeper.Trash was overflowing in trash cans. Lobby wasn't regularly cleaned from grass or dirt.
Outside of that our stay was fantastic. Would go back!!

• Stayed July 2014
Rowlett, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I made reservations at this hotel for the dates 7/4 - 7/6/2014. A called was placed to cancel those reservations on 7/1/14 and I was assured that my credit card would not be charged. Much to my surprise, after viewing my bank statement a charge was placed on my card for $88.60. Now the entire stay would've cost more than that so obviously someone ate a heafty meal or drink at my expense. I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Wendy/Manger on 7/8/14, and she stated this matter would be resolved. To date, I havn't heard from Wendy but have spoken with Sabra regarding the status of this matter. Credit card fraud is a serious issue! I've taken up this matter with my bank and after doing so had to cancel my card that is used on a daily basis. I've been informed by my bank that several credit cards were compromised during the above mentioned dates at this hotel. In short, there is no security for credit card information at this hotel. Be mindful of this when staying or making reservations at this hotel.

Room Tip: Pay cash it's much more secure!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank candycando
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We enjoyed the Southern hospitality, pool and amazing fireworks display. We'll definitely be back!One of the better hotels at Natchez. P.S. They have a breakfast buffet and provide to-go plates when you're on the go!

Room Tip: Rooms ranging in x18 - x30 have the direct view to the Mississippi River and bridge. It's stunni...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KittyJonesNMG
Zaltbommel, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel was for sale during our visit and we could see and feel that a bit. The lady at the front desk was very friendly as was the waiter that served us breakfast. The rooms were clean but the amenities just below average. It felt sad the hotel although it was a great hotel with big rooms, nice pool and a served breakfast, not a buffet model. We had a room with a great view of the Mississippi river. We hope it will be brought back to its old glory because the staff and the location deserve that.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dutchkathy
Fulton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Call to ask about room not being clean and the reply from front desk, it is not in the contract to clean room with a three day extended stay. The next excuse reply we missed your room, therefore my husband had to walk and get the towels. This was just the first night stay. I will past this comment on facebook and continue to contact a manager until we get some answers. I have never heard of this before paying over 100.00 to not have your room cleaned this is obsurd.

• Stayed July 2014