“Great place to stay!!!”

Brandon Hall Plantation
Ranked #4 of 42 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2012

My new husband and I decided to travel to Natchez for our honeymoon (March 12-14, 2012). We chose Brandon Hall because of the beautiful pictures and because it was outside of downtown Natchez as we were looking privacy. We ended up staying in the Louise suite on the bottom floor that connects to the library. The room was absolutely beautiful inside and out!! There is not a single thing I would change about our stay at Brandon Hall. Rachel and Mike were extremely nice and helpful. I highly advise anyone who is looking for a quiet retreat/vacation to stay at Brandon Hall because you will get everything you are looking for and more. We will be back!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Wow! A historic plantation mansion located on the Natchez Trace 8 miles from the historic city of Natchez, Ms.......Our 2 night stay was a wonderful experience!.....Brandon Hall is on about 40 acres, and is privately gated..... Our host Rachel Garber, the daughter of the owners, was a lovely and delightful young lady with a passion for the history and manangment of this delightful B&B.......Our room was authentically decorated, and with a private bath..........On the afternoon we arrived, Rachel recommended other plantation mansiions to tour based on the time we had........On our first morning after a delightful breakfast, Rachel gave us a tour including the history of Brandon Hall.........We felt very comfortable, as we were free to use the home, with no rooms off limits.....If you want to step back in time, play a song on a mid 1800's rosewood Steinway piano, and visit a historical river port city, Brandon Hall is the perfect place to stay..... I would suggest that you not consider Brandon Hall as just an overnight stop on your way to some place else, but as a destination to enjoiy 2 to 3 nights, or longer......When we return, we will stay at least 4 nights....Bob & Helen Hoge, St Charles, Illinois.............

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Brandon Hall Plantation was the first B&B my husband and I have ever visited. When doing research on where to stay, Brandon Hall's website was by far the most beautiful and comprehensive website. We fell in love with the beautiful pictures and knew we had to visit this historic estate. When I checked Trip Advisor, the review titled "a true disappointment!" almost scared me off until I realized how ridiculous this review was. I found it humorous that this customer honestly thought Mike, Brandon Hall's server, should come in at 6:30 a.m. to accommodate one couple. As I read on, it appeared that this angry customer was looking for unkind things to say about this business. So that I was comfortable with my assumption, I decided to call Brandon Hall and talk to Rachel about this situation before I made my reservation. She did recall this guest and she was very professional in her statement to the review. I knew this was just one of those customers you can't ever please. Rachel explained to me this is her parents’ vacation home and her family enjoys sharing it with the world. I found it ironic that this guest could be so inconsiderate to such a gracious family. Needless to say, our suite was absolutely beautifully decorated and immaculate. The antiques and decor are fabulous...the pictures on the website prove this place is absolutely beautifully decorated. There is no musky smell and Rachel and the staff are more than accommodating. The breakfast is delicious and it is worth setting aside a morning to take the guided tour. We cannot wait to return for another visit! For our anniversary next year, we are planning to take Brandon Hall's hot air balloon ride!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dancemom225
Reviewed 5 December 2011

My husband and I were excited to travel to Natchez and drive the Natchez Trace as we'd read and heard many good things about it. We decided to stay at Brandon Hall for one night (Nov 21, 2011) as it appeared to be a lovely B&B. We were extremely disappointed in the entire experience and DO NOT recommend this place at all to anyone. When we arived around 5PM the daughter of the owner, Rachel was decorating the large Christmas tree in the entry way. She was pleasant and showed us to our room. Rachel also showed us where breakfast would be served...at 8:30 in the morning followed by a 45 minute history of Brandon Hall. My husband told her we were planning to leave early (around 6:30) the next morning as we had a long drive ahead. Rachel did not offer to make any arangements to provide any type of early breakfast or snack. When I asked about the possibility of having coffee in the morning, she walked us around to another room where she informed me I could make the coffee myself.
I was rather taken back by her lack of customer service. It was not as if the B&B was busy, in fact aside from the piped in music, you could have heard a pin drop most of the time. We never saw another person at the B&B.
My husband and I went upstairs to our room to unpack a few items. I decided to go back downstairs and talk with Rachel about the situation. She was on the phone so I went outside to wait on the porch to let her finish her conversation. When I went back in, Rachel was nowhere in sight. I thought perhaps she was simply in her office or retrieving more decorations for the tree. As it turned out, she had completely left the B&B. The tree was left half decorated with the large ladder next to it, boxes of decorations still on the floor near the tree.
While at Brandon Hall, the bathroom we thought was to be private actually had a shared living space with another bedroom. This living space was somewhat seporated by a partial room divider. The problem with the shared area was when our bathroom door knob came off when my husband was exiting the bathroom. I was not sure it was safe to completely close the door or lock it as the door may not open. Regarding the bath, there was long black hair left in the shower/tub and I can honestly say it was NOT our hair.
The inn is old and smelled musty. The fireplace was clean however it definately smelled musty. There was a hole in one of the windows...perhaps new , perhaps old...perhaps it was part of the story that was going to be told after breakfast the next day. I am not sure as I could not ask Rachel about it as she was not at the property.
There was not much at all in the way of decor...it was dated and very sparce....a few family pictures in the large upstairs area.
The only good thing I can say about this place is that the bed was comfortable. The customer service was seriously lacking as was this entire experience~ A chain hotel would have been better as you at least know what you are paying for.

Room Tip: room smells musty and as if the fireplace was recently swept
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AintAustin
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My sister and I just returned home from a beautiful retreat at Brandon Hall. Words can't express how absolutely gorgeous the home and grounds are, how peaceful and serene the surroundings. The owner, Kathy, was so graceous and made our stay in their home one that we will not forget. Rachel, so cute and personable, has a passion for the history of the plantation, and gave us a private tour of the home. It is such a touching tribute to the Brandon legacy that the Garbers share the beauty and history of their incredible home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Nancylj
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Such a beautiful bed and breakfast, with all the amenities. Our 'Andrea Lauren' private suite, dressing room and bathroom was bigger than our home. A fabulous, authentic renovation has been done to this 19th century Southern Plantation home. It is astounding how they have integrated all our modern conveniences into the entire 7000 sq ft.
Be sure to take the tour with Rachel, it's wonderful.
If you're doing a driving trip, try to travel the 'Natchez Trace Parkway' as much as possible, it is truly Stunning!

Room Tip: The breakfast menu is preset so check ahead.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perkinsgroup
Reviewed 3 May 2011

Brandon Hall is one of the finest B&B we have stayed at along the Mississippi River. The home is in superb condition for its age and the grounds are immaculate. If you are the type of person who is looking for relaxation or a bride looking for a true Southern wedding venue, there will not be any other place on the same league as Brandon Hall. Rachel and her family are excellent and extremely hospitable and have an extra sincere touch to the stay that has only been rivaled by that of family.

From a historical standpoint and example of the Old South, I cannot think of a more fitting location. It is true Southern elegance with an ambiance that just carries you to another place. You will step back in time when you arrive on the grounds.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple