“Lovely little deli and cafe - nice choice of foods”

Uptown Grocery and Deli
Ranked #27 of 95 Restaurants in Natchez
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Uptown Grocery & Deli is a quaint local deli w/ a wonderful lunch menu famed for our variety of chicken salads, sandwiches and pizza with catering and meals to go. Specialty Grocery store, Butcher, Fresh Seafood and hard to find cooking essentails. Homemade desserts and casseroles. Voted Best Deli and Best Chicken Salad for 7 years and running.
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just happened to fall upon this place on my way back to hotel.

Nicely laid out tables - bet it is a great place to eat with friends.

Lovely choice of foods to take away.

1  Thank ScooterJuly

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stopped one day for lunch as someone had told me the chicken salad was a treat. They were right! It was probably better than my chicken salad and mine gets rave reviews! Very laid back environment but popular with the locals. I took a piece of cake for later and it was amazing. Go there; you won't be disappointed..

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The outside looked inviting, so I turned in. It was small and quaint with a few tables to sit and enjoy a tasty meal. Having three different types of chicken salad available is a clue that these folks know what they are doing! They offer Pizza slices, Reuben's, BLTs, and an open faced meatloaf sandwich. They had me there! Topped with cheese - it was a thick slice of meatloaf, with the cheese melted on top. So glad it did not have a top layer of bread. Along with some a cool serving of ambrosia, it was the perfect size for lunch. The ice tea was fresh and plentiful - with a crushed ice - just perfect. They had some nice looking cakes and cookies available also. A small group of local ladies were meeting and having lunch, the right setting for just such a gathering. Highly recommended and a place I would like to visit again.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My coworkers and I was in town for business and they staff didn't want to serve us. When we came in the staff went into the back and started talking when we gotten ready to place our order. I will not return at all.

2  Thank durelld
RichieWalcott, Manager at Uptown Grocery and Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

I apologize for your experience but ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ON MY STAFF IS A RACIST. Maybe you were having a bad day, but we serve everyone and treat everyone equally. I can understand you having a bad experience, it happens from time to time, no one is perfect but the fact that you titled your response as Racist Staff is absurd and ridiculous. I am the manager and am usually here - maybe next time you should ask for the manager and allow me to take care of the problem - instead of calling my staff (which consist of many races) RACIST????!!!?????

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Lots of good casseroles, snack foods and fixings, and the best chicken salad around, in several varieties