“A Nice Little Deli”

Ranked #27 of 94 Restaurants in Natchez
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Uptown Grocery & Deli is a quaint local deli w/ a wonderful lunch menu famed for our variety of chicken salads, sandwiches and pizza with catering and meals to go. Specialty Grocery store, Butcher, Fresh Seafood and hard to find cooking essentails. Homemade desserts and casseroles. Voted Best Deli and Best Chicken Salad for 7 years and running.
Tallahassee, Florida
“A Nice Little Deli”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This was a nice local small town deli. The grocery area is interesting as well, full of locally made stuff. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I ordered their reuben and it was awesome! I honestly think $14 is a little expensive for a reuben, a cookie and a bottle of water but then again that reuben was so good and it had plentiful portions of corned beef and I was certainly full after finishing that. Definitely a place I would come back to.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Luis C

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uptown Grocery is wonderful”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My visit to Uptown Grocery was a wonderful experience. We had heard that they have the best reuben in town and we were not disappointed. My traveling companion tried the chicken salad for which they are famous. Neither of us was disappointed. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful and the owner was very helpful in recommending other places for us to see. It is a lot like having lunch with friends. Don't miss out when you come to town.
Also - they have a lot of local jellies, honey, and syrups.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank kkinbr
Jackson, Mississippi
“Staff”
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

RichieWalcott, Manager at Uptown Grocery and Deli... Well first your staff ran away to the back upon my staff deciding what to order. When we where ready to order your staff was no where to be found. When other customers came in after we decided to leave they came back out. However,this was a business trip where a group of 5 members came to experience horrible service. Now on I will do you a favor by not coming back and continuing spreading the word. FYI I don't think 5 members of a group where having a BAD day, actually no one had a bad day.

• Visited October 2013
“Good but not Great”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The interior is very interesting with my home made grocery items to purchase. We eat in and ordered from the Deli. I had the Meatloaf Sandwich, which was very dry. I have not been back to this location and probably will not. Maybe I just came on a bad day, but I am Southern and very unforgiving when it comes to bad meatloaf.

Visited October 2013
Saint-Beat, France
“Lovely little deli and cafe - nice choice of foods”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just happened to fall upon this place on my way back to hotel.

Nicely laid out tables - bet it is a great place to eat with friends.

Lovely choice of foods to take away.

• Visited November 2013