“Highly Recommended For Music Lovers and More”

Joseph Newman Stone House Concerts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy sipping complimentary wine while relaxing to music of the Masters, played on a 1903 Steinway grand piano in the Stone House Music Room. Hear this private classical piano performance by a graduate of two prominent American conservatories, along with complimentary wine, followed by a tour of the unique Stone House. Composers generally featured include Beethoven, Chopin, Gottschalk and Debussy among others. Usual rate is $20 per person. Reservations are necessary.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Joseph Newman Stone House is one of the most elegant homes in Natchez. Mr. Stone is extremely talented and very knowledgeable about music history. The room in which he performs is intimate, and a wonderful Merlot wine is provided as you listen to the performance. It is a must for music lovers as well as anyone else. It is a Natchez must-do.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"guided tour"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in Natchez for Valentine's Day weekend (2014) and we were lucky enough to attend Mr. Stone's piano performance. He is very charming and performs outstandingly! The house is beautiful (and that is an understatement). The old south charm is present from the moment you walk in the Joseph Newman Stone House. My husband and I frequent the Grand Hotel in Natchez, but that has come to an end. We will now stay at the Stone House because it's grandeur is unique and something we look forward to experiencing.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I were in town for a conference during the spring, our stay at this B&B was the highlight by far. While my husband was busy most of the weekend, I thoroughly loved looking around the house and taking in all of the history. The music room, pool hall, and dining room were beautifully decorated - we both enjoyed the breakfast tremendously (the Limoges china was beautiful and the food was fantastic). Even though we had a function that made us miss the concert, Mr. Stone played a few songs for me before our visit was done. I think his playing, along with the beauty of the house, made it a trip to remember! I would (and have) reccomend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a great getaway and a home that has been preserved beautifully!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

An unusual and not-to-be-missed experience. Although we didn't stay at the Stone House, we had read about these concerts on Tripadvisor and emailed Mr. Stone about attending. Fortunately, there was to be a concert during our stay in Natchez, Mr. Stone informed us.
It's hard to say where to begin, this is like a number of wonderful things rolled into one - a wonderful musical performance, an informative lesson on music theory and history, an entertaining discussion of Natchez history, an insight into the history of one family and house, and a detailed tour of part of a lovely Natchez home.
Mr. Stone is an excellent pianist, a great lecturer, a talented "tour" guide and a most gracious host.