“Pleasant surprise”

Joseph Newman Stone House Concerts
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Enjoy sipping complimentary wine while relaxing to music of the Masters, played on a 1903 Steinway grand piano in the Stone House Music Room. Hear this private classical piano performance by a graduate of two prominent American conservatories, along with complimentary wine, followed by a tour of the unique Stone House. Composers generally featured include Beethoven, Chopin, Gottschalk and Debussy among others. Usual rate is $20 per person. Reservations are necessary.
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

What a great bonus to a wonderful inn. Joe was such a great host and performer. Loved it and had my musical horizons expanded.

Visited March 2014

Ocean Springs, Mississippi, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great Concert”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We loved the piano concert Joe put on and really enjoyed the tour of his museum like house. The house tour is not to be missed by anyone who likes history

Visited March 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Highly Recommended For Music Lovers and More”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Joseph Newman Stone House is one of the most elegant homes in Natchez. Mr. Stone is extremely talented and very knowledgeable about music history. The room in which he performs is intimate, and a wonderful Merlot wine is provided as you listen to the performance. It is a must for music lovers as well as anyone else. It is a Natchez must-do.

Visited February 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Most Charming Place in Natchez”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in Natchez for Valentine's Day weekend (2014) and we were lucky enough to attend Mr. Stone's piano performance. He is very charming and performs outstandingly! The house is beautiful (and that is an understatement). The old south charm is present from the moment you walk in the Joseph Newman Stone House. My husband and I frequent the Grand Hotel in Natchez, but that has come to an end. We will now stay at the Stone House because it's grandeur is unique and something we look forward to experiencing.

Visited February 2014
Brandon, Mississippi
“Highlight of trip”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My husband and I were in town for a conference during the spring, our stay at this B&B was the highlight by far. While my husband was busy most of the weekend, I thoroughly loved looking around the house and taking in all of the history. The music room, pool hall, and dining room were beautifully decorated - we both enjoyed the breakfast tremendously (the Limoges china was beautiful and the food was fantastic). Even though we had a function that made us miss the concert, Mr. Stone played a few songs for me before our visit was done. I think his playing, along with the beauty of the house, made it a trip to remember! I would (and have) reccomend this B&B to anyone who is looking for a great getaway and a home that has been preserved beautifully!

Visited April 2013