Riverside Bed and Breakfast
US$195
Official Site
US$126
US$149
Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$153
US$159
US$149
Natchez Grand Hotel(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$100
Travelocity
US$221
US$215
The Guest House(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$129
Dunleith(Natchez)
US$200
All reviewsnew orleansbed and breakfastmississippi rivergreat conversationalistbluff overlookinglittle detailsmorning coffeedelicious breakfaststorieshostantiqueshospitalityfurnishingsmsknowledge
Reviewed 21 June 2013

In early June, 2013, my wife and I spent a delightful three nights at the Riverside B&B. My wife and I love to stay in B&Bs and have had great experiences along with some not so great. Everything about our stay at the Riverside B&B was great. I usually depend upon online reviews to chose a B&B. While the Riverside was the 8th ranked B&B in Natchez I choose it over the top seven ranked B&Bs, mainly because of its' location and the comments in the reviews. Durell is an outstanding host and knows all about Natchez. His dining recommendations were spot-on, even down to specific dishes, and he is a great conversationalist with experiences to back him up. The rooms were both comfortable and charming and the house is full of beautiful and interesting items. Durell has acquired an amazing number and quality of great period pieces and his tour of the Riverside is not to be missed. Since my wife is a gardener, she was fascinated with his beautiful front and back gardens. She also greatly appreciated the coffee at our door each morning! I'm not sure there is a better place in all of Natchez to view the sunset on the Mississippi River and the River Bridge. We had never met Durell before our stay and yet left feeling like we had made a new friend.

Room Tip: Since I am an insomniac and often read far into the night, we choose to spend a bit more and get the downstairs suite so that I would not disturb Nan. Although it cost just a bit more, the extra space and comfort was well worth the difference.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank biged00200
Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

No need for a website, just read the reviews! Durrell is the most wonderful host! Just a simple man succeeding at making people happy!! He is full of stories and he is so funny!! My favorite thing about Riverside is coffee outside the door at 6:30am. I love to drink coffee in bed!! Durrell makes the best coffee I have ever tasted!!! Don't worry if you are late sleeper, he puts it in a container that keeps it hot for hours!! The restaurants he mentions are very good too... Magnolia Grill, Pearl Street Pasta, Cotton Ally ....Don't forget to take the Carriage ride for $15 per person, a ride around downtown with a history tour of old houses and buildings!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Crandall12
Reviewed 25 March 2013

There is nothing I can really add to all the other reviews except that everything you have read is true. My wife and I stayed there 3 nights last week and as lovely a city as Natchez is, we have told everyone that Durrell made our trip. He is a great host. From the coffee outside the door in the morning to the breakfasts, wine in the afternoon on the porch listening to his stories to the dinner reservations made by Durrell, everything was great. Nothing else to say except that Durrelll is a really nice guy.

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs room that is slighly more expensive because my wife has bad knees and doesn't do stairs real well. Upstairs rooms were just as nice.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank RichardCham
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

From the moment we were greeted at the door we felt like family. The owners laid back personality could put even the most stressed at ease. The home is beautifully furnished and was decorated for the season. The view was spectacular and having coffee on the balcony overlooking the Mississippi River is something every visitor to Natchez needs to experience. When you add in the wonderfully prepared breakfast it's perfection!

• Stayed: December 2012
8  Thank 67roadhog
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

We arrived November 2nd and left November 4th 2012. We were very skeptical about this place because there is no website, but all the reviews sealed the deal. Put your fears aside-this is an incredible place! Durrell the host greeted us at the door and welcomed us in. He showed us the house and offered us recommendations on what to do and where to eat. He is so knowledgeable about the area. This bed and breakfast sits right on the bluff overlooking the MS river. Beautiful porch, gardens, and fountain! So nice to just sit on porch morning or night and watch the barges floating down the river. The bridge is lit up nicely at night. The people in the town are very courteous. The first day we had lunch at pearl street pasta. My husband and I are picky eaters but, but we both had the Alfredo-he had the chicken and I had the shrimp. Delicious! Portion was great for lunch. Supper that night was Magnolia grill-divine! I had shrimp and grits and my husband had fried redfish with crabmeat on top-was as big as the plate! It was all delicious. Then dessert was chocolate chip pecan pie-yummy. Durrell cooks up a mighty fine breakfast and it looks like a piece of art! Really enjoyed it both days! He is always around making sure u have everything u need, and it is personal touches like that that make u feel special. Rooms are gorgeous. We had the downstairs suite which was two rooms adjoining with a sitting area in the 2nd room. Highly recommend the downstairs suite. Love the old floors! The princess bed is a must see! Pig out inn was good BBQ. Got shake from malt shop-had butterscotch and pecans-I literally had pecans in every slurp-highly recommend it. Supper one night was at Roux 61-great seafood and neat atmosphere. Ate last meal at magnolia grill-shrimp Poboy and hamburger with bread pudding for dessert-excellent. All in all great weekend great bed and breakfast and I wouldn't have changed a thing! You must stay here! Don't hesitate to book your reservation. We are picky folks and, and it exceeded our expectations!

• Stayed: November 2012