“Charming cottage in Natchez”

Magnolia Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stayed on a Friday night in mid June and arrived to find the cottage is gorgeously decorated with old world ornaments in keeping with the theme. The bed is a soft and very comfortable 4 poster. The cottage has all the items needed for a lovely stay, including a hidden tv and lots of brochures about the attractions in Natchez. We found the owners to be lovely and friendly, providing a traditional southern breakfast delivered to the cottage. We had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leesh M

Reviewed 9 May 2013

These folks tell you all about their amenities but do not warn you about their dog and its pals. I was awakened early in the morning by the dog's almost continual barking. When I tried to speak to the owners, there was no one in the house. My travel phone did not work in Natchez, so I left a note and left. The owners charged me for the whole 3 days, which they are legally entitled to, but it leaves a bad taste with me to be greeted with no compassion.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank DrJohnHodgson
JackieWNatchez_MSMC, Owner at Magnolia Cottage Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

I am happy to say that I have been running my B&B for over 10 years and have never had one person complain about a dog barking! I am not really sure what the guest is referring to. We do have a dog that stays in the house with us but does not bark at night nor does it disturb us or our guest. If it did, it would not be living at our home very long. I do remember the very day the guest is referring to and we were not awaken by our dog or any neighborhood dog!

I really wish the guest would have waited until I arrived back at home which was only a few hours after 8:00a.m. to discuss this problem instead of choosing to exercise an early check-out. I really wish the guest would have called me as he did the day before with questions about his stay or asked to borrow the phone at the small convenience store just 5 doors down the street. Instead, I found my house key stuck inside my screen door with a note complaining about a dog barking! I really wish the guest would talked to me while he was staying in the cottage about the noise he said he heard so I could have taken care of the noise instead of his choice of making a quick exit. If the guest had discussed his problem with me and if could have reached a solution then, I would have most definetly given the guest some type of refund even though my policy states on my website the there is no refund for early check-out and the cancellation policy is, a guest must cancel his reservations 5 days before arrival day.

I am really sad that the guest felt he must take that type of action instead of merely knocking on my door or calling me on my cell phone for help.

I always tell my guest, if they have any problem or need to merely knock on my door or call. Most guest never have had a problem doing this nor does my repeated business have a problem calling or knocking for my help.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We had a totally enjoyable stay in the Magnolia Cottage. It was very cozy, bed amazingly comfortable, and breakfast served to our room Our hostess was most gracious. Enjoyed the sitting area of the cottage, as well. Able to walk into town very easily and up to the corner for burgers and shakes.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JDA001
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My friends and I booked the Girl Friend's getaway weekend at Magnolia Cottage Bed and Breakfast in Natchez, MS. What a WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE!!! Beautiful cottage, lovely breakfast and gracious host and hostess!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank melissa_garretson
Reviewed 8 February 2013

This was the second marriage for the both of us and we only wanted something simple and private, as we are both very busy and finding time was difficult. Jackie at Magnolia Cottage was simply wonderful. She planned everything and it was so very nice. It was the first time for both of us to stay at a bed and breakfast and we are already trying to figure out when we can return. We have recommended it to everyone and will continue to do so. We are planning to try and return later this year for a relaxing weekend. I am now spoiled and hope to continue this on a regular basis or at least as often as we can steal some time away.

Room Tip: This was a bed and breakfast and I would recommend it to everyone.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Y
Reviewed 7 November 2012

First let me say, that the hospitality from Jackie and her husband was incredible. Jackie was very helpful, but never intrusive, in giving us information on the area and suggestions of things to do, see and places to eat. We enjoyed two great breakfasts prepared by Jackie – we chose to have breakfast in the cottage on our first morning there and were very pleased that we chose to have our breakfast in the formal dining room of the main house on the second morning. Breakfasts were truly wonderful – fresh, home cooked and presented beautifully and with a smile. We had the best weekend – the cottage was cozy, adorable and comfortable. The comfort of the bed was the perfect ending to an adventurous day exploring the quaint town of Natchez. The robes provided were a really nice touch too. Antique shops were plentiful and a great way to spend the day. Dinner at Cotton Alley was an excellent recommendation – food was delicious and we enjoyed both the wine and the casual elegant atmosphere as we sat in the upholstered chairs. The Carriage House was a good choice for lunch – food was good and staff and atmosphere were great. Under The Hill Saloon was a fun time for some late afternoon drinks. Great place. Perfect weekend getaway, we highly recommend it and look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally C
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Accommodations were wonderful! Very relaxing and Jackie and Joe were great. Enjoyed visiting with them and breakfast was delicious. When we were told breakfast would be served it was served! I felt like I was back in the old south. Wish we could have stayed longer! Boo S.

Room Tip: convenient to downtown Natchez
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple