“Ugh!”
Review of Red Carpet Inn

Red Carpet Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 22 June 2008

When we checked in, the poor girl at the front desk was alone on her first day. She had to call her manager to ask how to check us in. There was no one there to assist her. Once we did get checked in, we went down the little alley that separated our hotel from the one next to it. The smell of the room was the first thing that struck us. It was a musty, almost smokey smell. When we walked into our hotel room, it felt like we had entered Joe's Apartment. There was a large cockroach that greeted us. He was immediately disposed of. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything the people in the next room were watching. The complimentary "sights of Natchez" folder was slimy and just gross. We immediately checked out and asked for a refund. I will give them credit for refunding our money quickly. Besides that, we never plan on staying at an Econo Lodge again!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2008

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable and convenient place to stay in Natchez, this is the place. The bed was fantastic and there was a refrigerator, a microwave, an ironing board, great shower, and it was QUIET. They even provided a small breakfast in the morning of cereal, coffee, biscuits, jam, butter, Jimmy Dean Sausage, bagels and hard boiled eggs! It must be a "special" Econo Lodge because the lobby had a chandelier and curtains in the window like "Tara" from Gone with the wind, so I'm guessing they are making this lobby a theme because of the nearby plantation houses that Natchez, Mississippi is famous for. And you can't beat the price! I think it was something like $70/night. We stayed in room #242. The night manager, Stephanie Kelly was very friendly and helpful. When we arrived at 9:00 pm, she greeted us and answered our questions, and 5 minutes after we checked in, she called to make sure that everything was satisfactory with the room! This is a great place to sleep. As other reviewers have mentioned, it might not be the best neighborhood, but it is a great place to sleep!

I highly recommend this place! The reason I chose it (and the reason I choose anyplace to stay) is that it was recommended so highly on TripAdvisor. I have to say that all of the reviewers were right!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Let's face it: when I book an Econo Lodge I never expect much. We were going through Natchez "on the cheap" but this property was much better than I expected.

First, you should know that this hotel is on the highway and is not very close to the downtown area. Actually the area seems a little "rough". The hotel has a strange mix of truckers, workmen, military men and tourists.

First, the bad: The walls are paper-thin. I could hear TVs and voices from the other rooms. I also heard some "intimate noises" from the room next door. A little disconcerting! There was plenty of hot water but the temperature fluctuated wildly in the shower. Whenever someone in another room flushed the toilet, the water pressure dropped and the water became scalding hot.

Now, the good: The room was large and relatively clean. It also had a microwave, a fridge and a coffee maker. Nice to have those extras. The staff was also very accommodating. I had a problem with the TV and someone was up in less than 5 minutes to correct the problem. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

All in all I recommend this place. It's not fancy but it is clean, cheap and has everything you need. As far as Econo Lodges go, it is one of the best ones I have encountered.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2008

The hotel staff was very nice and friendly. The entire hotel was very clean. The complimentary breakfast includes do it yourself waffles- quite the hit with the kids. Best breakfast i ever had compare to other hotels... Overall- a pleasant surprise. will stay their again...

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 17 March 2008

We Just spent 2 night at Econo Lodge in Natchez.. Room was very clean and nice with all amenities.It's looks like newly renovated. also breakfast was very good. Hotel staff was friendly and very helpfull.I'd stay at this quiet and well-maintained motel again. OVERALL: This is far more than I would expect from Econo Lodge. I would certainly book it again.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2008

The good: looks like recently updated rooms so newer tile, carpet, paint. Although not the best work I've ever seen. And the price was the best of the major chains in town ($58 + taxes). It was relatively quiet all night.

The bad: Room 142: Pubic hair in the bathtub and not just one. Hair on the sheets (looks like sheets had not been changed). Clerk swore she'd changed the sheets but no way because there were numerous hairs. No hot water, just warm. Didn't even turn on cold water to take a shower. When other rooms ran water or flushed toilet it affected shower in our room. Could not turn on just bathroom light; had to turn on light over vanity area also which wasn't nice at 2am when someone had to use the restroom. The mattress was horrible.

I know you pay for what you get. But I expect the room to be clean and have plenty of hot water available. I stayed at the Days Inn last year and should have gone back. It was about $25 more but I think would have been worth it. It's hard to find affordable lodging in Natchez (under $100). I would not stay in this Econo Lodge again.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2008

I was a little disappointed when I saw the motel for the first time. Construction work was being done on one end, and it was kinda sitting there in the open. But I thought, hey, what do you expect for $58 a night? Once we checked in and settled in the room, it really wasn't that bad. The hot water in the shower ran continuously, and the beds and room itself were very comfortable. As for the free breakfast, it was nothing to brag about. We opted to eat out. The only real complaint I have is being stuck in a room right in the middle of the section where all of the construction workers were staying. They were sometimes loud at night sitting around the parking lot, or staring at us everytime we left the room, but it really wasn't too bad. Maybe the manager could have put all of them on one end and left tourists and overnight travelers on another end...just a thought. But overall it was a great motel for the price. Would probably stay there again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family