“Good food and much potential”
Review of Magnolia Grill

Magnolia Grill
Ranked #6 of 94 Restaurants in Natchez
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Memphis
“Good food and much potential”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I arrived with another couple for dinner on a Friday evening around 7:00p.m. After we were told it would be about a 45 minute wait, we looked for a place to sit. There was a bar with limited seating, but none available. We were directed out a rear door to a wooden bench to wait…after a couple of minutes, we discovered this was the ‘smoking area,’ so we left that bench to wander the streets in front of the restaurant. Granted, the view overlooking the river is great, but I’d rather not have to pace back and forth for more than half an hour, waiting (some outdoor seating near the riverfront would be a nice addition). Once seated, the service was prompt. My wife and I both had very good seafood dishes (mine the Mahi Mahi special). The dessert we shared, the chocolate pecan pie was excellent, too. However, our table was the close to the bar area and we ate the entire meal with people waiting/standing right behind and close to our table. With some brick walls inside, it was very loud. Total for dinner including 2 entrees, drinks and a shared dessert was just over $80.
Although the food and service was very good, it’s not a place I’ll return…just not the environment I like when trying to enjoy a good meal.

• Visited July 2014

Bowling Green, Missouri
“Nice place”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended by the tour guide at Longwood. Really enjoyed our meal, especially the fried dill pickles for an appetizer. Pretty view of the sunset on the Mississippi as well.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Good value food”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Food was freshly made, and delicious. Seems like a family run business which I like. Right on riverfront too, so nice views.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Claire T
Houston, Texas
“Amazing location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

I guess with this great of a location you don't have to have the best food. Everything but the food is amazing. Oh what a view. We are non professional food critics (we eat out all the time.) And this place went from what we thought was an amazing start with the dip to a poor finish with the shrimp entrees. Not impressed.

Visited July 2014
Columbus, MS
“Be sure to eat here.”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Magnolia Grill is an awesome restaurant to eat lunch or dinner when you visit Natchez. It faces the Mississippi River down under the hill. Ask to eat on the porch if possible. The staff is very friendly and takes care of their customers. Be sure to make reservations even on a week night. My husband had the red fish and I had the shrimp and grits were very good and cooked just right. They have wonderful appetizers and desserts. When you are in Natchez, be sure to eat at the Magnolia Grill. You will be pleased if you eat here.

• Visited July 2014