“Gifts, furniture, and fudge”

Darby's Famous Fudge
Ranked #1 of 8 Shopping in Natchez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Gifts, furniture, and fudge”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Every time I go to Natchez, I stop at Darby's. They have clothes, kitchenware, kids toys, baby stuff, tons of Christmas decorations, and delicious fudge in several flavors. They have furniture (everything from couches to lamps to pillows) upstairs and across the street at Darby's Furniture. There's different stuff upstairs than what is across the street so be sure to stop at both if you're looking. Furniture is a little pricey, but good quality. Gets crowded during the balloon festival, but it's a must.

Visited October 2013

South Lyon, Michigan
198 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 134 helpful votes
“Fudge and More”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

There is an incredible array of merchandise at Darby's. And we did look around a bit. But frankly we went there to buy fudge and that is what we did. We felt welcomed the instant we walked through the door and Whitney was friendly and helpful in getting our fudge, She wanted to know if we needed a bag, but then noticed we were already opening the box that had the fudge inside!

Visited October 2013
Hastings On Hudson, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Yup the fudge is pretty teriffic!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Yup the fudge is pretty teriffic but that doesn't even scratch the surface of what they've got stuffed into this place. Everyone working there oozes Southern hospitality and they've got everything from penny candy to a $10,000 oriental rug. The stairway from the first floor is an architectural wonder and the colors of the items will make your head spin.

Visited September 2013
Alabama
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Best fudge in the world!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First of all, I have to say that I don't normally like fudge. So the fact that I am raving about this fudge is something special! We first experienced Darby's fudge 8 years ago and I have never had any that matched it since. They offer samples to help you decide which flavor you want. That's the hard part - deciding which of the delicious creamy flavors to buy. We chose the peanut butter fudge and the vanilla caramel. I also bought some as a gift and they were so kind to wrap it all up with ribbon for me. Darby's fudge is located inside Darby's retail store that seems to have everything, so it can be quite a shopping experience, too.

Visited July 2013