“What a wonderful stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“What a wonderful stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2009

We stayed in the Master Bedroom of Joe's Stone House B & B in Natchez for 3 nights and has a wonderful time. The house is comfortable and Joe is a treasure. The house has been in his family since the 1800's and his stories of the history and his collection of antiques made the stay even more memorable. And, oh yeah... Natchez was fun too.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2009

My wife, mother and I spent a couple of nights in the large Master room at the Stone House. Joe Stone himself makes all the difference to the stay and transforms it into a memorable experience. A perfect host, accomplished musician (demonstrated over a glass of wine in an evening recital) and knowledgeable historian in a house chock full of family history. Oh, and the breakfast is pretty good too.

There are already 39 5* reviews for the Stone house. You should have got the message by now!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

We recently stayed at the Joseph Stone House and were truly delighted. Natchez is special, but staying there in the Stone family home made it even more so. Mr. Stone is a pleasure to deal with, gave us an excellent tour of his family's home (and certainly better than the disconnected tours one gets in some of the "Pilgrimage houses").
We stayed in the Cottage (former kitchen house) and it was perfect for us. Both the Stone House itself and the Cottage appear to be sparkling clean. And as some of the other reviews mention, Mr. Stone lays out a very elegant and delicious breakfast. His little bisquits are exquisite, as are the eggs. We were passing through from southern Mississippi to the northern part of the Delta, and after looking about Natchez and experiencing the Stone House acomodations, were sorry we had not allowed more time. The house is also in the historic zone and thus an easy walk in to town to see other examples of both 18th and early 19th century Southern residential architecture, as well as lovely gardens. Should we return to Natchez, and I hope we will do that soon, we will most certainly be staying there at the Joseph Stone House.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2009

I knew when Joe called me within an hour of my inquiry that this would be a special place. Not only is Joe prompt and professional, he is also friendly and makes some amazing cheese grits! He grew up in the Stone House, which he beautifully restored. He has a love of history and is an incredible resource for the area around Natchez.

I was in Natchez on business and the experience of staying at the Stone House ended up turning my business trip into more of a vacation.
My colleague and I stayed in the cottage, each with our own room. We particularly liked sitting out back on the porch and watching the rain. It was quiet, tucked away, lush, green.

On our day off, Joe gave us a detailed tour of the home and also played a piano recital for us. This was the highlight of the trip, it meshed so well with the vibe in Natchez. There were so many B&B's to choose from in Natchez, but even from reading about The Stone House, I felt that it would be unique and was completely rewarded.

Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank qsuzicue
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

This is hands down THE BEST experience I have ever had staying at a B&B. The host and owner, Joe Stone, is not only an expert on the area, he also provides a stunningly beautiful and welcoming place to stay. He has lovingly restored his childhood and ancestor's home and there is much to look at and explore within the house. Treasures abound!
I had relatively high expectations, but the Stone House surpassed them all. Imagine having a delicious Southern breakfast, served to you in a formal dining room, resplendent with gorgeous antiques and family heirlooms, with classical music playing in the background? All while feeling totally at home.
We took advantage of Joe's classical music concert in the music room with a glass of wine. It was relaxing after a day of exploring, and also moving.
I cannot recommend the Stone House enough. I am almost hesitant to put my true feelings because I want to find an open spot there for myself when we return! A true gem!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Hattiesburg, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

What can I say about Joe and his Stone House? The whole experience was PERFECT. We stayed in the cottage out back, a late Valentine's Day get-a-way, and unfortunately we were only able to stay one night. I would have loved to have stayed the weekend as we didn't have time to listen to Joe play. He is a VERY knowledgable, personable and interesting man, makes killer eggs and knows more about his family than anybody I know. I highly recommend you stay at Stone House if ever you find yourself in Natchez and the next time I go, I know where I'll be staying also.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The_Diva777
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

What a unique B&B! We have stayed at 37 different B&B's so far and this one gives you such a wonderful experience you just can't get in other places. Even if you are not into classical music (we're really not), you will enjoy the entertainment. Joe plays the piano beautifully. It was a privilege to listen to him. The home's antiques and family heirlooms really bring out the rich history of this unqiue B&B. We stayed in the room that is located inside of the house and it is spacious and VERY clean. Joe is a wonderful host and a great cook. This was our second visit to Joe's and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple