“A weekend to remember: Music, food, and friendship”

Stone House Musical B&B
Ranked #2 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2009

What caught my eye on the website was "Live Entertainment". We had never seen this at a B&B before. Joe Stone, the owner and host, is a very accomplished pianist. He performed a remarkable classical concert for us and the other guest couple. It was outstanding.

We stayed in the Master Bedroom which was furnished with antiques. The bathroom had a huge shower and is completely up to date and spotless. I dropped something behind one of the nightstands and had to move it away from the wall...not a spec of dust.

The two breakfasts featured special egg dishes. The meatless quiche was the best I have ever had (Swiss Cheese and Onion).

My wife and I felt like we were leaving a friend behind as we drove away. Joe spent much time with us, filling us in on the tourist sites, discussing music, giving us a detailed history of the home and of his family. He is fourth generation in the house. We will be back for another visit I am sure.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2009

Fantastic stay at the Stone House in the master bedroom. Innkeeper Joseph Stone has a great history to tell about his family home, involving not just the Stones, but the Stantons, Shields, and other well known local families as well. The piano performance was inspiring, the breakfasts were tasty, and the house is great. Would definitely recommend it!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The piano concert was outstanding, the food delicious, but the personalized history of Joe's family owning the home made for an extremely interesting tour. Even my 18-year-old loved it. Outstanding collection of antique maps.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Stone House was recommended by a friend who told us it was a great location, and it was!.The rooms and facilities were wonderful. We stayed in the cottage which had two separate bedrooms and a separate entrance from the main house. We dined with the other guests, but had our own space. It was lovely. Breakfast each morning was filled with Southern hospitality and flavor. The piano concert included a description of each piece played and a glass of wine. What better way to enjoy classical music! The house is filled with historical relevance and most appealing in comparison to some of the other historical homes on the tour. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2009

This is a great choice in Natchez. The rooms and facilities were very good - we were in the cottage out back which could sleep four, with two separate bedrooms and a separate entrance. So the coziness of staying in someone's home with no worries about disturbing the owners! There is also the master bedroom in the main house which is grander and more expensive, with two beds in the same room. The owner, Joe, has lovingly done up the house which has been in his family for generations. He puts on a concert for any guests that want it, and a tour of the house to fit in with guests plans. You're not compelled to have the concert though and we went out to a restaurant in town instead. The tour was comprehensive and very interesting. Joe tailors it to particular guests, so could make it as short or as long as you like. Breakfast was huge and sociable with the other guests staying. The house is slightly out of town, but just a 10 minute walk to main street, and Joe has lots of information about other things to do in the area. It was a highlight of our trip.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoW2009
Reviewed 21 June 2009

I recently took a little get-away with my fiance. He surprised me by taking me to the Stone House. I have never seen such a beautiful, welcoming place in my life. Joe was a remarkable host. He was so kind that when we left my fiance and I remarked how it seemed like we were leaving a friend. The musical concert, was a wonderful escape from the usual hustle and bustle of tourism towns. A nice glass of wine in a room, listening to Joe was the perfect escape after our long drive. Before we left, my fiance and I even talked to Joe about plans to return. And now, even want to stay there for our Honeymoon!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2009

We had a great time during our all-too-brief stay in Natchez. Joe did everything possible to make our stay relaxing and comfortable. He also gave us a tour of the place, which we very much enjoyed. Very personable, friendly guy--and he cooks a mean breakfast, too. As far as location goes, it can't be beat--you can walk pretty much anywhere you want to go downtown. I highly recommend a stay at Stone House.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple