“We'll do it again.”

Ranked #1 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Mandeville, LA
“We'll do it again.”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Very lovely, comfortable, clean and quiet property in a charming neighborhood. We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend here, and Joe was an excellent host.... very accomodating.

He put us on to some excellent dining in Natchez, arranging our reservations of choice on a very busy weekend. Also, quite a cook and presenter at breakfast. He knows his stuff.

And, be sure not to miss his piano recital along with a smooth glass or two of wine. This man is a real talent on the ivories, playing beautiful classical pieces. Can't say enough good things about our stay, just to add, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, 28 August 2010
R & J, thank you for your write-up and for being such ideal guests! Your visit was all my pleasure, and I'm happy to know that you found Natchez so appealing. Here's to your future visits to our little town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We spent two enchanted nights in the Master bedroom of the meticulously restored Joseph Stone House. It is an ideal experience for classical music and history lovers, or just relaxing in peaceful, quiet, beautiful surroundings, this is the place. Host, Joe Stone couldn't have been more gracious and charming. The breakfasts, including fabulous homemade biscuits, were delicious. We highly recommend the Joseph Stone House and look forward to our return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, 21 July 2010
Many thanks C. & V. for your kind remarks, your visit was all my pleasure. It's not too terribly far away, so I would be happy for my place to become your getaway place for the future.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Stone house is a really interesting historic home that features in the Natchez tour, but what made our stay so memorable was our host Joe Stone, who provided a wealth of historic information about the house & Natchez, as well as a wonderful private piano recital for us. This is a great place to stay whether or not you are a classical music fan, & if you are, the opportunity of having a private performance by a really talented professional musician will definitely make your stay even more memorable.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
Your generous review is appreciated in all ways, I'm really glad that we did find time for some piano music after all. Perhaps your music-loving brother will make it here too; even though Natchez would be a long way for him to travel, I think our quaint little town would be worth the trip to him. I hope that your plans for staying in the United States work out well for you, and that we'll see you again in the Deep South.
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful, relaxing stay at Stone House. We stayed in the lovely Cottage which was directly behind the main house. Our host, Joe Stone, made us feel more than welcome and gave us a thorough and delightful tour of the historical main house. Each morning we were treated to a delicious breakfast along with interesting conversation. One of the many highlights of our stay was a private piano concert with complimentary wine. We also enjoyed playing billiards on the beautiful antique billiards table. I would highly recommend a stay at Stone House!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
JoeNatchez, Owner at Stone House Musical B&B, responded to this review, 29 June 2010
Many, many thanks for your complimentary review. I greatly enjoyed your visit, and in particular I appreciated your presence for the piano concert. I would love to have you visit again, and in the future there will be other piano repertoire, since I regularly work on more pieces and other composers to vary the program over time. Of course the antique billiard table will be here, waiting for your next game!
new orleans
Reviewed 7 June 2010

we had a great time staying at the stone house! the room was great - very well decorated by a master of his craft... breakfast was lovely as well! the grounds are beautiful with wooden boardwalks and a secluded back two bedroom house that makes even the shyest traveler emerge vagabond.
-Alex

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Ewing, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Our stay at the Stone House met our needs and wants perfectly. Joe was friendly, interesting and hospitable. The Cottage was clean, comfortable and had character. The main house had lots of antiques and maps to look at - like a museum or library. Breakfast was tasty and well-made. And Joe's late afternoon piano recital, just for us, was wonderful. (I hope this rave review hasn't strained my credibility as a reviewer, but the Stone House deserves it!)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
I was delighted to receive your thoughtful review, and I'm really flattered by all the wonderful things you said. It was a pleasure to meet you, and to have you travel so far to visit here and attend my music program was a treat for me. I do hope you make it back to the deep south again for another visit to Natchez and the Stone House.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 May 2010

The time at Stone House was a highlight of our trip. It was so peaceful and a real feeling of living in luxury in the past. Joe Stone goes out of his way to make you feel like "family", yet there is all the privacy in the world too. Thanks, Joe.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
It was wonderful to see you return to Stone House with more of your friends. I'm really appreciative of the review you posted, and so thankful that you and your friends enjoyed your stay here. It's always a pleasure for me to play the concert for you and anyone that you bring along. I'll be looking forward to your next Natchez trip, so bring more of your travel companions and we'll do it again!