“#1 B&B in Natchez”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 May 2013

If you are looking for a top notch B&B for your visit to Natchez, Oak Hill will not disappoint!! From the moment we got there to the time we left every need was answered. I have stayed at a lot of B&B's in the past and I have to say Oak Hill is at the top on my list of B&B's. The breakfast was superb, the bed felt like home (I never sleep that good while traveling), the dining recommendations were perfect, and the cleanliness and friendliness amazing. I can whole heartedly recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a great place to stay while in Natchez.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was planning the yearly excursion with my mother and sisters. We had all agreed it would be fun to see the Antebellum homes in Natchez and I found Oak Hill Inn through Trip Advisor. The Owners greeted us with warm smiles and helpful hands as we unloaded several suitcases. We were able to have the top floor all to ourselves which were two very beautifully appointed bedrooms sharing a bathroom. Perfect!!!! The Owners were extremely helpful with all the questions we had concerning the city and the home tours. They gave us information on local restaurants that were right on. The food around Natchez was delicious but our favorite meal of the day was the gourmet breakfast at Oak Hill Inn. We were amazed at how delicious everything was and they were very accommodating with our gluten free and vegetarian needs. Our rooms were very nice and the beds very comfortable. The library was stocked with very interesting books and I wish I'd been able to spend more time there. The grounds were beautiful and the house cats were extremely friendly. Sitting on the front porch with a complimentary mint julep was so relaxing and refreshing, I can't even describe it. The Inn is very close to all the homes we toured. I can say without a doubt I want to go back as soon as I possibly can. It's true, Doug and Don's attention to detail was superb and I would recommend Oak Hill Inn to anyone looking for a worry free holiday. I'm thinking my next trip might be Christmas!!!!!

Room Tip: Every room was lovely.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed two nights here on our honeymoon. The garden is lovely. The parlor and library were opulent and quaint. Breakfast was sumptuous and the company is friendly.
He also serves afternoon drinks and cookies. Though remember to ask for non sweetened tea. It is the Deep South after all.

1  Thank Jzcpbb
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The previous reviews are all "spot on" regarding how outstanding the Historic Oak Hill Inn is......and I mean outstanding in all aspects Yes, the gourmet breakfasts were fantastic and made with love and care. Yes, the home was incredible. (We stayed in the downstairs suite and loved it!) and Yes, the nightly Mint Julips on the front porch were a great touch. But most important is that Doug and Don love being B&B hosts. Their pride in ownership showed in every detail of our visit. When we visited Oak Hill we were treated as special guests of Doug and Don, inclucing a personal tour of their historic home filled with family treasures. That is the biggest compliment that I can give a B&B. Thank you Doug and Don for sharing your home with with us. We will never forget our stay and plan to come back and stay with you again. Dave and Janiece

Room Tip: We stayed in the downstairs suite. Very beautifully appointed, spacious and quiet.
Reviewed 26 April 2013

A beautiful historic experience in a beautiful historic town. The house is beyond lovely. The rooms are beautifully appointed and extremely comfortable and cozy. Breakfast is mouthwatering! My compliments to the chef! Their special amenities and attention to detail are very special! Doug and Don are very, very charming and welcoming, adding wonderfully to our overall experience!
The Inn is located easily within walking distance of many of the fabulous restaurants and attractions in the Historic district. The river is only a few blocks away. What more can you ask for? We will, with out a doubt, be returning to Natchez, and most definitely, will stay with Doug and Don at Oak Hill Inn!

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My family and I stayed at this beautiful house for a couple of nights in January.
Everything and everybody is just as nice and personal as the reviews say.
Doug and Don made us feel at home immediately and gave us excellent advice regarding activities to be done in the area and where to eat.
We enjoyed very much delicious mint juleps and breakfasts to die for. There are three available rooms (we had 2 on the top floor) so everything is very calm.
The place itself is a treasure full of nice antiques and memories, but easy to live in and enjoy.

There is no other place I would think of staying in if visiting Natchez.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Natchez is another world and so is this Inn. The home is beautiful, flowers and yard are my love and we loved sitting outside enjoying the wonderful grounds. Doug and Don are best ever hosts. Immediately it was as if we were friends and they made us feel completely at home. The afternoon wine which we had outside was a Southern delight. I cannot say enough good about this Inn. It is a must stay. They will go out of their way to make your stay the best ever. The breakfast you will never forget.
Betsy Norton