“Wonderful place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Natchez
Historic Oak Hill Inn
Ranked #2 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
yahoo
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

We have stayed at numerous B&B's in Natchez and then found the Historic Oak Hill. The home is lovely and restored so beautifully.
We will never stay anywhere else! From the moment you arrive you are greeted by freshly baked cookies and a great host!
The bedrooms are beautiful. We slept so well in the very comfortable grand half tiester bed and it made for a great nights sleep.
Doug's breakfast is unbeatable! The only way to truly describe it is to experience it!!
It is the most wonderful breakfast that we have ever had at a B&B.
My husband likes to walk in the city and this B&B is in the heart of the city but yet it is very quiet.
What a treat this place is and worth every cent!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Newcastle, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2009

Earlier reviews say it all so I'll just add that I've never been more comfortable or better fed at any other B&B and my wife and I have stayed at B&B's all over the world.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank TPCCBC
San Francisco, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

We are world wide travelers from San Francisco ranging in ages 29-56. We booked our stay in Oct. for a trip planned in Feb. I spoke directly with the owner when planning our reservation and from the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew this was a special place. The owners name is Doug and he is so sweet. He has that true Southern hospitality although he is from the east coast. How funny!
All together there were five of us traveling. We rented to whole house, which consists of a downstairs suite with bathroom, and flat screen TV. The upstairs has two bedrooms, with a shared bathroom. Each room has its own character. I stayed in Myrtle room which was to the left of the stairway upstairs. The room had wonderful linens and fresh flowers arranged throughout this room. The room also had a cosmetic makeup mirror with and a vanity. The room also contained a DVD player and TV. I have stayed at many B&B's that do not have TVs so I found this one unique.
My parents stayed in the room to the right of the hall. The room also had wonderful linens, two beds, and a spacious closet. And again I must mention the TV! My aunt and uncle had the suite downstairs that was amazing and also connected to the library. Every night we would gather in this room and read the fabulous books Doug owned and polish off quite a few bottles of wine.
Oak Hill Inn provides refrigerators for the suite as well as a refrigerator for the upstairs quest. Also there was an ice machine, so our cocktails were nice and cold. Doug also fully stocks the fridge with beverages.
Upon arriving we were greeted with double chocolate chip cookies, and a warm smile from Doug. He took all our bags upstairs and gave up a quick overview of the house. The front of the house had an amazing porch and you could rock on the chairs all day. The back yard area could easily seat 20 people. Doug has chairs and tables placed in the back yard. There are two of the sweetest cats that hang out there, Polly and Evangeline. The place is amazing. Doug provides an incredible tour where he tells about all his furniture and the history of the house.
Now LETS GET DOWN TO THE FOOD. The breakfast is off the hook! So good. Doug puts out coffee at 7:30 on the dot. Breakfast is served at 8:30 am and you do not want to miss it. The first day we had a spinach frittata, creme brulee French toast, fresh biscuits, sausage and bacon, fresh fruit, and OJ. Everything is homeade and piping hot. The second day we had a southern pecan soufflé, eggs, sausage, bacon and fresh fruit. Again the food was amazing. Doug and his partner are printing a pictorial cookbook and I will be first on the list to purchase. I need to replicate the fantastic meals we had.
This place is amazing. Quiet, relaxed, and charming. Very elegant but not snobby. Doug is a great host and I will be back very soon. The five of us have made Oak Hill Inn our place to stay in Natchez. Go there now, don't stop. Oak Hill Inn is the best!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank marcigami
Sandersville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2009

I had done my research on places to stay in Natchez before going, and it paid off. Oak Hill is perfectly situated in the historic district, so walk out the door to all Natchez has to offer. I cannot say enough about the fabulous food served so beautifully at breakfast. Doug Mauro, the owner, is as passionate about fresh, local foods (the eggs and homemade sausages are from a nearby farm) as he is about touting Natchez's many charms. If you are really lucky, Doug will share his recipe for creme brulee french toast!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kinney0605
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2009

From the moment that we stepped onto the beautiful front porch and into the grand hallway filled with priceless antiques, we could not wait to explore the rest of the home. Our charming host provided us with an outstanding goumet breakfast and accommodations. This B&B is in the same category as some of the best 5 star hotels and Inns in the US and Europe which I have stayed.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
2 Thank beachymary
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2009

A friend from London was visiting and I wanted him to see this gem of a town, Natchez. I selected Historic Oak Hill Inn because of its proximity to many of the old ante bellum homes. To find that this was a really wonderful place to stay and enjoy the fantastic breakfasts was more that I could possibly have anticipated. My rather relaxed English friend - a professional photographer - left one morning to catch a few of the sights and was not heard of again until late afternoon. This is the best accomodation that I have had the pleasure of staying in since I visited overnight at Inverlochy Castle in Scotland. Bravissimo to the owners!

AC
New Orleans, Louisiana

• Liked — Beauty of the facility and the brealkfasts.
  • Disliked — Having to leave.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with friends
2 Thank aclesi
racingdoc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2009

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. Although is was quite late secondary to delays, our hosts offered us some hot coffee and pastries upon our arrival. Breakfast was impecaable and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked almond scones was incredible.
Entire B&B was spotless, even the doorknobs had a shine to them. Availabilty is a key element in these B&Bs. The staff was responsive to our every needs. My bride of twenty years really thought she was our honeymoon. Romance was in the air at Oak Hill. This destination is an absolute must for anyone looking to share valuable time with a dash of comfort especially with a loved one. We were even treated to a tour of the orginal greenhouse attached to the property.
Oak Hill gives a new meaning to Southern Comfort at its best

• Liked — great breakfast, fresh pastries and great coffee
  • Disliked — nothing