“Great View”

Natchez Grand Hotel
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

We had a suite with a balcony overlooking the river. Everything was great accept wireless Internet. It was hit and miss in our room at best. The continental breakfast was adequate. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed 6 April 2013

People make the difference! We stayed at the Natchez Grand Hotel in late March 2013 as part of convention. When I got home I realized I had accidentally left a valuable (and sentimental) item. The hotel managers and the head housekeeper went the extra mile to find the item in the room and have it mailed to me. I was ecstatic as I thought it was a lost cause. In addition to this extraordinary follow up to our stay, we think the location of this hotel is just right for Natchez; it is walking distance to the Main Street shops and restaurants as well as overlooking the river. The hotel staff did an excellent job of managing a large influx of guests (we had no problems with noise even though there was a large student group in the hotel) and during our stay they were friendly and responsive to our requests. We also liked the out front parking and being able to easily manage getting in and out. We felt the southern hospitality here!

Room Tip: Our room faced the river side of the hotel (west side.) We had no problems with noise, etc.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed at The Grand Nachez in late March, 2013. We found the check in process to be easy, the hotel setting desirable (overlooking the Mississippi), our room was clean and comfortable. Internet connectivity, very important for me, worked well in our room and the TV was adequate.

Apparently there are no bellmen so you should be prepared to lug your own luggage. Luggage carts are available so it’s not a big deal.

Breakfast was the standard buffet, more than adequate for the price of the room. Overall it’s a fine, basic hotel most frequent travelers would find acceptable.

For our first time in Mississippi the view of the river and a very nice walking path were big hits.

If you want to pay the extra rate for a river view room be sure to request a room on the upper levels. Our room was on the second floor, the view of the river was OK but would have been much better higher up.

As far as recommending this hotel…if we ever return to or our passing through Natchez we’d probably stay there, and so should you.

Room Tip: If you want to pay extra for a river view get a room on the upper level floors...above the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

The rooms have hardwood floors, which may look nice, but they have the effect of feeling like you’re sleeping on a tap dance floor. There was a wedding party above us, and it felt like I was in the wedding, every noise permeated the paper-thin walls. I even overheard the bartender mention that the hotel is known for having “paper thin walls.” At midnight, I called down to the front desk clerk Annie, complaining about the noise, and asked if they had a fan or noise machine to drown out the noise above. “No” and “no” was her unsympathetic reply. And no attempt was made to move us to another room. Her only other response was a snide “Do you want me to call the night manager at home?”

The next morning, as we were checking out, I explained our sleepless experience to Bo-Allen. “Sorry to hear that" was his reply, and he proceeded to hand me my bill. When I mentioned again about the sleepless night, and thought that I deserved at least some kind of adjustment; he promptly replied, “No, sorry I’m not authorized to do that.” Apparently, only the manager (Naomi Jones) is allowed to make any decisions and she wasn’t there.

A few days later I called the Manager, and left a message on her voicemail. She never had the courtesy to return my call. As an experienced traveler, I must say that the staff at the Natchez Grand gives the impression that they just don’t care.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hugh1000
Reviewed 28 March 2013

The accommodations here were great especially when dealing with busy teenagers. The hotel rooms were large and spacious and the hotel staff was very nice to us especially during check in and check out. The breakfast was plentiful. We had grits, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and gravy daily. Hot breakfast is a plus for me. Stayed in the junior suite that included a privacy wall with a couch and a chair. Very large room. The bartender was very nice as well. Although I didn't drink alcohol, he would still fix my little concoctions of orange juice and cranberry juice. Would definitely be back and you must try ROUX 61 if you are ever here. Seafood heaven. Thanks Natchez!

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

Always clean. Wonderful staff.
We always enjoy our stay.
With in walking distance to several local restaurants.
Breakfast is included in rate and a complementary glass of wine in the evenings to watch sunset over the Mississippi River.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Stayed at the Grand for two nights. Booked a King Suite. The room was extremely large. I was wowed when I first walked in. I stayed in room 338 with a wonderful view of the Mississippi River. It had a separation from the bedroom with a door to close and lock. I wasn't all that pleased with housekeeping. When I opened the closet in the bedroom, there was a towel in the closet. I didn't touch it. The bed wasn't all that comfy. Slept too long and woke up a little stiff. Also, the fitted sheet kept coming off. One pillow had a stain. The AC didn't get as cold either. Had it set to 66 and the coldest it got was 69. My fiance loves it freezing. The hotel itself is nice. They had a wonderful breakfast buffet. May want to tighten up on housekeeping. It is conveniently located across from the convention center which is a plus.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business