“Amenity fee”

Natchez Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I am very pleased with the hotel. The price. And the value. I do not like sneaky though. Advertising one price with free breakfast and then adding an "amenity fee" is sneaky and irritating. Just charge what you need to have honestly. Other than that. All is good.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Natchez Grand Hotel

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This hotel is very impressive. We stayed in one of the suites and were surprised at how modern and spacious the rooms were. The room was definitely worth the extra price. The suite included an impressive kitchen with a Keurig coffee maker, which was a plus. The bed was comfortable and if you opened the curtain, you could see the Mississippi River just a few feet away.

My only complaint is that the hotel was packed with people! Seriously, I've never been in a busier hotel. Many bus tours roll through this place and create havoc on travelers who just want a place to unwind. The continental breakfast was delicious and probably the best I've ever had at a hotel. HOWEVER, it was a madhouse trying to eat. There was no place to sit so we ended up having to leave the dining room and sit at the hotel bar to eat our breakfast. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in the room, just not in the lobby areas.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the Mississippi. It's well worth the view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Felicia T
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Good hotel but not "grand". Rooms were adequate but nothing out of the ordinary. To be called "grand" I expected the wow factor. Didn't get it. Walls were bear. Just plain wall paper. Very few pictures. Breakfast was good but cold. Staff at desk seemed to be new.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Be careful when booking your reservations here. What they fail to mention on their site, which makes this hotel look so much better than it actually is, is that they are a convention hotel. So if a large group books, they may not honor the room you booked. We were down for a King Deluxe, because there were 2 large groups staying we were "upgraded" to a double queen with a river view. We were under the understanding that we already had a river view, which you really couldn't see because our windows were so dirty that we couldn't see out very well. The front desk staff was rude, not only at check-in, but at other times when we went down to ask for information. This hotel is not worth what we paid to stay in it. We have stayed in several boutique hotels, Hotel Indigo in Downtown Nashville for one, and from their website, we thought this hotel was on the same level. All this one is is a Days Inn dressed up. Breakfast was terrible. We definitely won't be back and will recommend anyone who wants a river view to stay across the river in the hotel over there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsey M
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We didnt have a booking and just walked in. Willie Mae greeted me so warmly and we were checked in within minutes. The rooms were so clean, nicely presented and the view lovely. There was some noise as we were close to the lift so if you are worried about that just check your room location. We didnt mind at all. Again- Willie Mae you were the best. Thank you for making us feel so welcome. We would 100% stay here again- and will!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

It was my first visit to Natchez, so I booked a room with a river view. A slim park skirts the river, and a park tree blocked a bit of the view, but still, it was worth the extra money to be right on the Mississippi and watch the tugboats push barges down the river. (The city view rooms look out on the parking lot and buildings.) The rooms are nothing fancy, but they are large, clean, and comfortable. At check-in the staff didn't say much, but when I asked to be close to others in my party, they checked with housekeeping and put me in a room next to my traveling companions, with a connecting door. Nice. My only quibble is that when booking online, which I did, I was not able to get a AAA or AARP discount (though one was given at check-in after I asked about it), and the price of the "value added" package, $8.95, was not added to my online receipt. This package is mandatory, and includes parking, internet, breakfast, so I hope the hotel soon gets the ability to have it added to the receipt for those booking online. That said, the breakfast was wonderful -- good hot items and a wide variety of other things served in a high-ceilinged room with big windows looking out over the river and park. The location is great too if you plan on walking through the old town, which we did, or walking down the steep hill to the river. An old fashioned hotel in the best sense of those words. If I am lucky enough to visit Natchez again, I will check here first for a room.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was my first time to stay here! It was very nice, clean and the rooms were spacious! The front desk was very helpful. We also had a free full breakfast the next morning. This hotel is very conveniently located in downtown Natchez just adjacent to the Mississippi River! You can just get out and walk along the bluff or take a walk to the shops!

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Our room was 215 and it overlooked downtown...not the river.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends