“Southern Comfort”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Melbourne
“Southern Comfort”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

A lovely, welcoming hotel with nice touches such as a tray on the bed for the laptop. The room was clean and bright with good quality white linen, a microwave and a fridge. It was spotless. My room overlooked The Mississippi.

Breakfast was very good with a plentiful buffet offering a variety of dishes including omelettes, waffles and fresh fruit.

Although a little out of town, it is a manageable walk. A shuttle is offered to the nearby Casino.

Stay here!!!

Room Tip: Try for a front room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This place is fine. It is a typical Hampton. The room was clean. Everything in the room worked. There was plenty of convenient parking. It is in a good location near the river and the old city. The breakfast was adequate. However there was nothing special or outstanding about the placet which would have made one feel better about the fairly high price. THe rating of average is a blend of very good for ovrall quality and poor for value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for providing us with feedback about your recent stay at our hotel.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel. Comments and suggestions from our guests enable us to continually improve and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of travelers like yourself.

Once again, the time taken along with the effort made to share your observations with us is most appreciated.

Lemont, Illinois
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

Convienent location and clean comfortable room. I was fortunate to have a river view which was very nice. Only complaint would be that every time I went out and would return my room key would not work. This happened several times no matter if the card was by my phone or not. Otherwise a very nice stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Malvern AR, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The hotel is located very close to the Historic Downtown District, Visitor's Center & the Mississippi River. Our room was clean, comfortable, quite & the staff was friendly. The complimentary hot breakfast was not the best we've had, but it was adequate. We enjoyed our stay in Natchez very much!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

We booked this hotel based on the great write ups on tripadvisor. The hotel itself was nice enough, we checked in and were greeted in quite an automated manner by a female called Lafele, or something similar to that.She went through the motions of the usual check in procedures then we went off to our room.
The room itself was pleasant, well laid out and a nice view of the Mississippi.
We went out for a drive and on coming back could not gain access to our room. We went down to the reception and the same member of staff approached us and we told her our room key would not work, she took it from us, never said a word, no eye contact or anything, she entered some details on to a keyboard, handed us a card then walked away without saying anything, we were totally taken aback about her blatant rudeness, we called out to her was that the matter sorted, without coming over to us she called out yes, this is not acceptable service but we did not want to take the matter further as maybe the hotel management find that sort of service acceptable?
The breakfast was nice, lots of choices and good quality, this hotel was one of the more expensive choices we could have stayed at, based on the service from this particular member of staff we will not use this chain again on our next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
First of all I want to thank you for your review. We always appreciate our guests feedback as it helps us deliver the exceptional service each one of our customers deserve. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of customer service you expected. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything I can do to correct this please let me know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Leipers Fork, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I am traveling by motorcycle across the country celebrating my 65th birthday. I am staying in all Hilton properties where possible because of the friendly, helpful treatment I receive at every property. One thing I especially appreciate is how accommodating the staff always is in finding me a good safe and secure spot to park my bike out of the weather - generally out front in a spot that does not interfere with other customers - I really, really appreciate that. This is the second phase of what I call RideAbout65 - Phase 1 was from my home in TN to Nova Scotia - on that trip I really learned to appreciate the staff of Hampton and I continued with your company on this second trip primarily because of the wonderful treatment by your staff at every property. I also use Hilton properties for my business travel. This trip will take me to California and then return through Colorado.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Katy, United States
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Not typical of my Hampton Inn experiences. Bathroom caulking was black with mildew -- some tiles were coming loose. The free breakfast at Hampton (in my opinion) is marginal to begin with, but this one was inedible. The warming dishes had enough crud on them to warrant a health violation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.