“My favorite Hampton- friendly and excellent location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
“My favorite Hampton- friendly and excellent location”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stay in this Hampton every time I travel through Natchez. I always choose Hampton IInns when traveling, but this one is my favorite.
The hotel is easy to find, right across the street from the visitor's center with a great view of the bridge and river. It is a very clean hotel, with freshly cleaned bedspreads between every guest. The clean white bedspread policy is standard for the chain, and why I choose them exclusively.
The other huge selling point, for me, is the friendliness of the staff. I am always warmly welcomed and treated as a PERSON, not a chore, when at the front desk, eating breakfast, or using any of the hotel facilities.
The rooms in this hotel are spacious, clean and modern. I love the extra outlets at the desk and nightstand- no searching for a wall plug behind furniture to plug in your technology, and no fighting for the one plug with your traveling companions. There's enough for everyone!
The bathrooms are well appointed- modern granite counters and nicely tiled tub/showers with curved shower rods so the shower curtain doesn't grab you while you bathe.
Did I mention clean? The whole facility- from the parking lot to the common areas to the rooms and bathrooms are exceptionally clean. I love this!
Breakfast choices include waffles, eggs, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, cereal, real oatmeal and fixings, yoghurt, boiled eggs and all the breakfast drinks you might want. They have remodeled the breakfast area and it really easy to walk in and survey what you want to eat in a glance. The eating/ common area is spacious, so you don't have to sit right next to strangers while you eat. We did start conversations with other guests, and found everyone to be in a good mood, and so friendly, even though it was rainy and dreary outside. I think the warm happy atmosphere of the Natchez Hampton is catching!
If you are traveling to Natchez, and not sure about where to stay, choose this Hampton! Their prices are competitive, or lower, than similar quality hotels, and I guarantee you will get the best of southern hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side of the hotel, on a higher floor, for the best views of the beautifu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you So much for you positive review, we will always welcome you here. So many times only NEGATIVE people take the time to comment on hotels, it is really refreshing to have someone put in good reviews. Again, thank you, and we are so very happy that you are a loyal Hilton customer!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I will never lodge at this Hampton Inn location again!! My family and I discovered HUGE BLOOD stains in our room. When the problem was addressed, we weren't offered another room nor was the General Manager available to resolve. It's been over 10 days since my stay and my complaint has yet to be resolved.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Willad1906
I am so SORRY that you considered this as your way of getting action completed on your many complaints. I HAVE finished your file - you received a 100% for one night of your stay - that's it, quit asking for more! I AM ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO TALK TO GUEST's, perhaps you have just forgotten when WE TALKED (twice) on the phone?? BTW - we both know that the "BLOOD STAINS" you have talked about were really only coffee stains on the bottom side of the pull out sofa sleeper mattress (which we have now cleaned). I cannot believe the extent some people will try - just to get something for nothing!! Well, it worked - I gave you the one night - that's it, we are done. Thanks for choosing the Hampton while you were in Natchez!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2013

A beautiful, well-appointed room, excellent breakfast and great location! Lots of room, great layout and excellent mattress and pillows! We enjoyed our stay very much! The only thing I regret was not doing the HHonors program before we left!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for your review - we appreciate your comments. We all hope you come back to see us should you be in the area,
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Great value. Just outside of historic areas.
Good luck finding someplace to eat out at on Sunday or Monday. The whole town shuts down. Just Magnolias, under Nachez, was open in the historic areas.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your review. I do agree that we need a few more restaurants open on Sunday and Monday nights - people need to eat then too! hope you decide to stay with us should you return to the area.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed here in September for one night. the hotel was clean and comfortable with a good breakfast. It has a pool near the entrance and carpark so not much privacy but was functional.
You would also need transport to get into the town or along the river path from this Hotel.
It was very quite in the rooms though and the quietest Air Con on my whole trip of the deep south so thsi was a great plus..got a good nights sleep here.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and it was really quite
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review! Your business is very important to us, and we hope you choose us again should you return to the area.
memphis, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2013

very satisfied with the hotel. It was clean and well managed. Rooms are so quiet you might need a noise maker if quiet is not your style and white noise is a sleep requirement. The location was central and Natchez is a quaint little town. We went for a kayak race and had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you during the phatwater challenge next year!
sheffield
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Difficult to rate this hotel, obviously in mid renovation so bits not quite finished, like cabinet doors missing in the newly fitted breakfast area, no doubt it will look good when finished.
Certain staff great but others let this hotel down, we had a problem with a missing drain plug for the bathroom basin, the lady on the desk tried her hardest to remedy the problem but as it was late when we noticed all maintenance men had left but surely this problem should have been noticed when the room was serviced.
Our main complaint was two hours before checkout a knock at our door and a member of the cleaning team asking for our dirty laundry, never before have we experienced this, we quickly packed and left.
We informed the front desk on leaving of our problems but the blank expression of the receptionist spoke volumes

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Just wanted to inform you that all cabinet doors & drawers are finished and installed! We have completed most of the hotel renovations and hope you give us another chance should you come back to our area, your business is very important to us.