“Lovely friendly hotel, clean and comfortable.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Spain
“Lovely friendly hotel, clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We only had a one night stay at this hotel as we are travelling with another couple from Memphis to New Orleans, so Natchez was a journey break.

We arrived way in front of the check in time of 3pm but the desk staff quickly sorted out the two king rooms, which meant we had a nice afternoon in Natchez. The front desk even managed to keep us on the same floor, together

We had a King room which was beautiful and very large. We have now been in five other hotels and this was the most comfortable bed with a lovely light duvet and cosy pillows. Excellent.

Breakfast was no more or less than we have experienced in five other hotels during our tour. I do think the breakfast area could be improved. It's very smart with a central high stool table that can sit dozens BUT there are not enough tables for couples and fours. In such a large area it should be possible to put more user friendly seating.

But this was minor, overall this is a lovely hotel and we would most definitely use it again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Natchez MS, United States
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Excellent location to down town Natchez. Rooms very nice. Staff friendly and very good Breakfast. Internet was good. Lots of Old Southern homes to tour and neat shops and interesting people. Mardis Gras parade was a fun time for all ages.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The staff was friendly and accommodating. They shifted some rooms around so that I could check in early. The staff was helpful and answered all of my questions concerning the area. Our room was clean and we never heard our neighbors.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

grande pointe, Canada
Reviewed 1 March 2014

excellent location, great breakfast, staff knowledgeable with area and room quiet with a view of the Mississippi, had stayed here twice before We like the location in Natchez and will use this location again on our next trip along the Mississippi.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Natchez, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Beautiful hotel, close to river and 4 blocks from historic downtown. Friendly staff, great location!! Woke up to a beautiful foggy morning with a pretty sunrise and enjoyed the smell of the river.....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I have stayed at this property a halof dozen times in the past 4 months. At each stay I was welcomed warmly at the front desk and my room was clean and comfortable. The team at this property is first rate.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Brookhaven, Mississippi
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall I was very disappointed in the room and the staff. Me and my husband stayed to celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary and was told before we ever arrived that it had a jacuzzi in the room. However when we arrived we were clearly lied to because there was no jacuzzi. Throughout the night our sleep was disturbed because of the headlights shining through the window and the loud noises coming from outside. Worst of all the staff that came in to prepare breakfast was extremely loud by banging on the walls and laughing very loudly. We got woke up from all the noise before 5 in the morning. I went to the front desk to see what could be done about it and the lady at the front desk said it was the breakfast staff but however nothing was done about it. When I went to go check out later that morning there was a different lady working at the front desk I told her everything that went on and that we were not satisfied with our stay but she was very very rude towards me and had an attitude that was unprofessional. She refused to stand behind the 100 percent customer satisfaction and refused to give me a refund. That was my first time and my last time to stay at the Hampton inn and suites in Natchez.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cfauver1
Thomas S, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Natchez, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with our hotel. We are very sorry that the guestroom did not meet your expectations, since the comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority. However, I was standing at the front desk when your daughter tried to make the reservation using our employee discount - I am going to call her General Manager and inform them that she has been giving away the passports required (for employee use only). I also did hear one reference to jacuzzi's, I was there when my front desk person recommended your daughter check out the Vue hotel - only one we know of in the area that have them in thier rooms. When i refused allowing your daughter to use the passport for non-employee's of Hilton she did call back and make the reservations - and we did give you a discount (just not the "employee" rate). While we can’t meet room type requests every time, I have shared your comments with our front desk team so they are aware of the situation. The "passports" are one of our leading benefits working with the Hilton organization and I will NOT allow mothers, sons, daughters or cousins to use them - I am sorry that I refused to let you.