“wish was better”

Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Port Allen
“wish was better”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

room outdated and stale smelling....only 1 bar of soap in room (1 is needed for labratory & one for shower)....hair dryer very low quality (no power)....lighting very outdated (had to turn each unit on/off by hand)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

days06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I understand your concern regarding your stay and thank you for your response. If there is ever an oversight of amenities in a room, please know that the front desk has additional room items for the guest as well as we have an evening housekeeper on property until 8:00 pm to assist any of our guest. When looking at our guest courtesy log, I noted you told the front desk agent everything was fine with your room. Our front desk agents contact each and every guest room after check in to assist in making their stay more comfortable. We do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Coldspring
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Overall very good. One complaint: noisy neighbors Saturday night; kids running along the balcony--even knocking on the door; several (4?) women talking loudly late on the balcony (outside their door--Smokling?) until 10:30 pm. I wanted to call front desk, but Momma said "No" ("don't know what else they might do") (and I was about ready to call 9-1-1 if the desk could not do anything). TV did not work right. Good room. Good breakfast (we did not try dinner)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and am so glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast in the morning when you checked out. If you ever have trouble with noisy neighbors and you do not feel like it is your place to say anything feel free to call the front desk and we will get the noisy neighbors quieted down for you. I hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to historic Natchez.

Steve Rosberg
Louisiana
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped here en route from NOLA to West Monroe. It was late at night, and it'd been a long day for us both. We knew it'd be wiser to get some rest rather than finish the drive so late and exhausted.
This place was AWFUL. We were looking forward to taking a shower and climbing in bed. What we did was NOT shower, laid the bedspreads on the floor to prevent from walking on the nasty carpet, and slept in our clothes on top of the sheets.
Early the next morning we sat in the parking lot for a few minutes warming up the truck and getting ready to drive home. We observed from there the 'cleaning' lady making her way towards our room. This woman did not knock on the room door we stayed in. She put her hands up around her face and peeked thru the window/curtains to see if we were gone!
We couldn't drive fast enough to get home and take showers. Without a doubt, we will never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
days06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
We at Days Inn Natchez appreciate your time to respond regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to hear it didn't meet your expectations. When the agent contacted you regarding your room you stated everything was ok, yet we strive to improve our conditions and service. We would have been more then glad to let you both have another room suited for your stay. When I asked the housekeeper about the peeking in your window - she kindly stated after she knocked and received no answer she wanted to make sure she wasn't going to wake you. I am sorry that this alarmed you. Please allow us the opportunity in the future to make your stay right. It would be our pleasure to have you again.

Travellers are raving about these Natchez hotels

Madison, MS
Reviewed 30 April 2013 via mobile

I usually stay at this hotel when in town because my company won't pay more than $90 a night for a room.

It is usually averse for a cheap hotel, but I was placed on the back side of the hotel on this trip, which I did not like, i did not feel as safe. The room had peeling calk or mole in bathroom. This amazes me! Calk is cheap, clean up your room Days Inn!!!

When I went to get a shower there was no soap or shampoo. The TV none of the bottom half of TV channels did not work.

Told front desk , but all they could do is give me a discount on my next trip if I want to return .

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review for Days Inn Natchez. Our rooms on the back side of hotel are designated pet friendly and for extended stays. I am thankful you have brought the maintenance issues at hand to our attention. However in the future, please do so while on property if you ever encounter anything of error with your room. We are here 24 hours to assist and will be glad to relocate if there is a request from our valued guest.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We do a lot of road tripping and stay at a lot of "budget" hotels. Our criteria are free WiFi, fridge, microwave, free breakfast and clean room. This place met those criteria. That would qualify as an average rating from us. But, there is more. Monday through Thursday there is a free hot supper on a first come first served basis. It is not gourmet, but it is tasty. Additionally, there is a hot breakfast as well. I will say that they try to be helpful. I asked about getting a desk chair, and sure enough twenty minutes later a person brought one by the room. This place certainly is dated. But we found the place clean and comfortable. If we come to Natchez again, we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
days06417, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you for your review regarding Days Inn Natchez. We value our guest opinions and appreciate the time it took you to post your review. Our professional and courteous staff are here 24 hrs. to assist in making your stay an enjoyable occasion.