“accident”
Review of Days Inn Natchez

Days Inn Natchez
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Natchez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Scottsville
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Made a reservation using a coupon which I have done several times before.
Checked in about 8:30 p m . I noticed no hand towel or wash cloths but was
tired and thought little of it as two bath towels were hanging in bathroom.
Next day while doing some work on my computer particles on carpet showing not vacuumed. Then in top drawer I noticed some underwear in top drawer of cabinet which tv was on. That made me question whether the bath towels I used that morning were fresh and had my sheets been changed. Earlier I had told the house keeper all I would need would be new towels as was staying over. That was before I discovered underwear in drawer and floor not very clean. I reported to housekeeper and desk. When I returned that evening, sill no t vacuumed and underwear in drawer. Towels were on bed.
Only change. I told mgr at desk that after many stays there that was my last
and that I felt if using coupons must get subpar service as well as not being able to accrue Wyndam points. I was which I don't know if was necessary or not and in a questionable room. Also lamps not plugged in and no extension
in electrical

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I apologize for their being no wash towels or hand towels in your room. We treat all our guests the same and we were not singling you out because you had a coupon. We made an error in which rooms had been serviced and which had not been serviced and you unfortunately were put in a room that had not been fully serviced. I would like to make it up to you though. Please feel free to call me anytime as we can discuss things. I am sure we can make things right with each other. Talk soon my friend

Kentwood, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This facility is a bit older but it's well maintained and clean. We're staying overnight for a ball tournament. It's a good location but the best assets in my opinion is Ms. Carolyn that works the front desk!!! She's simply a doll. Very accommodating. She really went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. The cookies at the front desk were an added bonus and were delicious. Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you of your review when you were here for the ball tournament. We appreciate your input. The Days Inn on Natchez is so very lucky to have Ms. Carolyn on staff with us. She is so nice and pleasant and displays genuine southern hospitality to all our guests that walk in the door. I am also pleased to hear you enjoyed our cookies. They are a relatively new item and i am glad someone noticed them and said that they were delicious. Thank you once again and hope to see you soon. Take care

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This Days Hotel is pretty much what I expected with the free wireless internet, HBO and free breakfast. What was unique was that they had a free dinner which I didn't get to try and a breakfast that is far better than most Days Inn hotels. They had eggs, breakfast meat, fresh waffles, biscuits and gravy,fruit, yogurt in addition to the usual cereals, danishes, muffins ect. This hotel also had a guest laundry room with new machines which was really helpful. The lady who checked me in as well as one of the maintenance guys were super friendly and showed me how to operate the heat properly in my room.I felt really comfortable traveling alone and enjoyed my stay. My only suggestion would be I wish the towels were a bit softer like I have at home.

Room Tip: I'd stay in the one story building where the rooms are larger
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write us such a nice review. I'm glad you were happy with us. It's nice to hear you got to experience our new "Day Break Breakfast". The company has worked hard on it to make it the best it can be for guests and we are glad you noticed. Hopefully, next time you stay with us you can sit down for one of our dinners. It is home-made, restaurant quality food and i am sure you would really like it. It is good to hear you were comfortable and felt safe staying with us. Thank you so much for saying that. Take care my friend.

North Dakota
Reviewed 25 January 2014

With the tripadvisor reviews jumping all over the place we had concerns, so we called ahead and were assured we had one of the best rooms. Our room had some positives. The carpet had been recently replaced, the box spring and mattress looked new and the bedding was clean and seemed fresh. The provided evening meal was good (mac/chili combo with corn), but feeds lots of construction workers so get there early. All this, however, does not make up for the fact that the place really needs a good cleaning starting with the tub/shower. In the room, most of the baseboards and moldings had a layer of grime that would turn a tissue black when rubbed accross them. The chair was lower garage sale quality--worn and dirty. The older style TV did not have very good reception and was contained in a large cabinet that was pretty beat up.

Whenever cleanliness issues are mentioned in a review, management responds that the cleaning staff are being trained. This assurance rings hollow if it is not followed up on. Cleaning must be improved or the upgrades that have been made will soon deteriorate. We left a couple of notes pointing out problem areas. It was obvious that the night stand had never been moved or cleaned behind since the carpet was installed and the molding by the air conditioner was--yuck!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
rosbergs3, General Manager at Days Inn Natchez, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
I am pleased to hear you felt there were some positives about our little hotel. The carpet has been recently replaced and the box springs and mattresses are brand new so i am glad you got to have a good night's sleep. I am also happy to hear you enjoyed our supper. I have worked very hard on that supper since i started working here to make it the best it can be. In response to your other comments about cleanliness i can say that our housekeepers have gone through training sessions and one on one counseling sessions. Things have improved almost 100% from the time i started working here which was last June. On our last mystery inspection from our corporate office we were rated a "B". Not quite an "A" just yet but we are definitely working on it and i am confident on our next mystery inspection we will score an "A". Housekeeping has little projects everyday to work on like cleaning the baseboards and the silver metal frames so things are coming along great. I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in Natchez. Thanks for your review.

Steve Rosberg

Travellers are raving about these Natchez hotels