“Not good”

Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Chamblee
“Not good”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

This Quality Inn isn't up to snuff. The rate was a little high and there aren't tons of economy hotels in town. The lady at the front desk made me wait on her to finish texting before she would help us, not a good impression. The room had a faint odor of mildew and some was visable in the bathroom. The room was looked decent but the bed spread had stains on it as well as the carpet. The cable outlet was off the wall and made the picture very fuzzy until I screwed it back into place. The carpet is overdue for a good cleaning and turned my white socks a blackish color. Breakfast was skimpy and it looks like they usually have waffles and eggs, but not durning my stay. I think they are being too cheap. This could be an ok hotel if housekeeping and maintenance would improve.

Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LittleH R
qualityinnnatchezms, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for seeing beyond the problems that you encountered, to what this hotel could be and hopefully will be.

• The lady at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which she is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the cable in the room assigned to you and that you fixed it.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I have to admit, I reserved this hotel before checking the reviews, and was nervous after reading them. But I was on a budget, and didn't want to pay any more than I had to for a night's sleep.

PROS:
The room was clean and comfortable, everything was as promised, and I got a hot breakfast in the morning. What more could one ask for?

CONS:
There was a bit of dirt between the bathtub and wall. The bathtub was cleaner than the one in my house so I didn't complain.

The breakfast was good, but the first morning I was there, it seemed the attendant was not prepared for a Saturday morning. They were out of orange juice, coffee, and waffle batter just to name a few. Once I finally got my breakfast, however it was a nice morning for a good nights rest.

NEUTRAL:
I reserved a room with a whirlpool, however the hotel called a day before check in to say the room was unavailable and would I take a similar room without the whirlpool at a discount. I suppose not having a whilpool was a slight let-down, but given the circumstances, they handled it correctly. One thing to note - the lady I spoke with had a thick southern accent and it was hard to understand.

The housekeeping staff wanted to clean early (9:00ish), however once they saw I was still in the room they promised to come back later and did. I understand they have to clean around 50 rooms a day inside of 3-5 hours and I don't blame them for wanting to get a head start. I suppose it also didn't help that my room was right next to the lobby.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, I think I got what I paid for and more with this hotel. I admit I was slightly inconvenienced a few times as stated above, but how I was inconvenienced could have happened at any other of the pricier hotels. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Room 106 is quiet. You sleep next to the lobby so limited neighbor noise. The door needs a good tu...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank glider1217
Brandon. Ms
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Did not stay. Place was disgusting! Made reservation week before stay, but front office person at check in was very rude and unaccommodating. Two previous customers walked out also, and warned us how awful the rooms were before they left.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DalLover
qualityinnnatchezms, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Natchez, MS for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Front office person received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which they, as our employees, are to maintain.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Natchez, MS. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travellers are raving about these Natchez hotels

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This hotel is starting to show its age. The rooms are comfortable but a little dingy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank FedTravelerSE
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, the hotel is starting to show its age. We are in hopes that we can soon give it a new “lease on life” as the saying goes. I am glad that you found the rooms to be comfortable.

ontheroad
Reviewed 25 July 2010

No personality front desk clerk. Dingy and run down looking on the outside should have been a warning about the inside. Couldn't tell if things were dirty or just old so I didn't want to touch anything. Electrical outlets in the room did not have covers on. The smoke alarm was hanging by the wires from the ceiling. Microwave was filthy. Breakfast was minimal and the donuts were yesterdays. There is a reason why the place was almost empty.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt the following measures were taken:

1) The front desk staff received additional training in positive interaction with our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff received additional training concerning proper care of outlets, smoke alarms etc. and was instructed to see to it that all such things are put into and maintained in proper condition.

Nevada
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I thought this would be a decent choice for one night and I was wrong. This place has a decent name but these operators have dropped the ball. The lobby smells like curry which is ok if you are at a restaurant. The room was either not cleaned or barely cleaned, even the sheets were wrinkled with hair on them. When I complained and asked for another room, the man at the desk rolled his eyes but did agree. The second room was not much better but these sheets were clean. In the morning I learned that the shower doesn't drain well so I had dirty water up to my knees. I know that business owners need to cut back in this recession, but please keep the housekeeping and maintenance. Next time I'll try another hotel. I do not recommend this hotel

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) The reception staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which they, as our employees, are required to maintain.

3) The owners were given your message about keeping the housekeeping and maintenance.

USA
Reviewed 21 December 2009

I'm not sure what happened to this former Comfort Inn. This motel was a Comfort Inn last time I stayed here and now it has been down graded to a Quality Inn. The poor housekeeping and non existent upkeep made our stay miserable. All three rooms that we tried were filthy so we just tolererated it and left early. We should have been less patient and when somewhere else. The rooms were dirty and look like they have been this way for a long while. There was a build up of diry and dust everywhere we turned around, even under the beds. The bathrooms were the worst. There were stains in the toilet and the showers had dirt ground in. The beds were saggy and the pillows lumpy. We did move to three different rooms and the third was a little better. We found non working remotes, missing lighbulbs, underware under a bed, and really really poor housekeeping. We have no reason to ever stay here again and will go somewhere else. I will say that the wireless internet did work well. The breakfast appeared to be day old pastery and white toast. We expected much more from a Quaity Inn.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

1) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of the missing light bulbs and the non-working remotes in the rooms assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair and/or replacement.

3) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.