“Not the Best, but Not the Worst”

FairBridge Inn Express Natchez
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This hotel is on a major street, so it can be noisy. It also is showing its wear. During our cross country trip, we stayed in far nicer, more modern Quality Inns. The room was fairly clean. The Wifi did signal was not strong enough to work well. If we returned to Natchez, we would stay in a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Max G

Reviewed 1 May 2012

OK, if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Natchez, the Quality Inn fits the bill -- about $58/night - maybe half the price of the nice places downtown near the Convention Center and the Mississippi River. But, as you enter the room, it greets you with a strong stench of mold and dirt. The place is older and has not been kept up that well. It's the kind of hotel where you want to put a towel down on the chair before sitting down. The smoke detector is dangling from the ceiling by a wire bundle But, what I was saying is that the room really stinks. I had a 3 night reservation, but am leaving in the morning and moving to the Hampton Inn for $116/night -- it's new, has a full, hot, breakfast, and is literally right across the street from the Natchez Visitor's Center AND the Mississippi River. The Quality Inn is literally in the midst of a construction zone, behind a seedy looking Mexican restaurant, and about 3 miles from the river. Hey, price isn't everything. I'm outa here.

Room Tip: stay here if low price is very important and your sense of smell is very poor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ricks706
qualityinnnatchezms, Webmaster at FairBridge Inn Express Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of the broken smoke detector in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

This Quality Inn isn't up to snuff. The rate was a little high and there aren't tons of economy hotels in town. The lady at the front desk made me wait on her to finish texting before she would help us, not a good impression. The room had a faint odor of mildew and some was visable in the bathroom. The room was looked decent but the bed spread had stains on it as well as the carpet. The cable outlet was off the wall and made the picture very fuzzy until I screwed it back into place. The carpet is overdue for a good cleaning and turned my white socks a blackish color. Breakfast was skimpy and it looks like they usually have waffles and eggs, but not durning my stay. I think they are being too cheap. This could be an ok hotel if housekeeping and maintenance would improve.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank LittleH R

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for seeing beyond the problems that you encountered, to what this hotel could be and hopefully will be.

• The lady at the front desk received additional training in the courteous manner in which she is to treat you, our valued guest.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the cable in the room assigned to you and that you fixed it.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

I have to admit, I reserved this hotel before checking the reviews, and was nervous after reading them. But I was on a budget, and didn't want to pay any more than I had to for a night's sleep.

PROS:
The room was clean and comfortable, everything was as promised, and I got a hot breakfast in the morning. What more could one ask for?

CONS:
There was a bit of dirt between the bathtub and wall. The bathtub was cleaner than the one in my house so I didn't complain.

The breakfast was good, but the first morning I was there, it seemed the attendant was not prepared for a Saturday morning. They were out of orange juice, coffee, and waffle batter just to name a few. Once I finally got my breakfast, however it was a nice morning for a good nights rest.

NEUTRAL:
I reserved a room with a whirlpool, however the hotel called a day before check in to say the room was unavailable and would I take a similar room without the whirlpool at a discount. I suppose not having a whilpool was a slight let-down, but given the circumstances, they handled it correctly. One thing to note - the lady I spoke with had a thick southern accent and it was hard to understand.

The housekeeping staff wanted to clean early (9:00ish), however once they saw I was still in the room they promised to come back later and did. I understand they have to clean around 50 rooms a day inside of 3-5 hours and I don't blame them for wanting to get a head start. I suppose it also didn't help that my room was right next to the lobby.

CONCLUSION:
Overall, I think I got what I paid for and more with this hotel. I admit I was slightly inconvenienced a few times as stated above, but how I was inconvenienced could have happened at any other of the pricier hotels. Well worth it.

Room Tip: Room 106 is quiet. You sleep next to the lobby so limited neighbor noise. The door needs a good tu...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank glider1217
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Did not stay. Place was disgusting! Made reservation week before stay, but front office person at check in was very rude and unaccommodating. Two previous customers walked out also, and warned us how awful the rooms were before they left.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DalLover
qualityinnnatchezms, Webmaster at FairBridge Inn Express Natchez, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Quality Inn Natchez, MS for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Front office person received additional training concerning the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness which they, as our employees, are to maintain.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Quality Inn Natchez, MS. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 27 August 2010

This hotel is starting to show its age. The rooms are comfortable but a little dingy.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank FedTravelerSE

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Yes, the hotel is starting to show its age. We are in hopes that we can soon give it a new “lease on life” as the saying goes. I am glad that you found the rooms to be comfortable.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

No personality front desk clerk. Dingy and run down looking on the outside should have been a warning about the inside. Couldn't tell if things were dirty or just old so I didn't want to touch anything. Electrical outlets in the room did not have covers on. The smoke alarm was hanging by the wires from the ceiling. Microwave was filthy. Breakfast was minimal and the donuts were yesterdays. There is a reason why the place was almost empty.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt the following measures were taken:

1) The front desk staff received additional training in positive interaction with our valued guests.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

3) Maintenance staff received additional training concerning proper care of outlets, smoke alarms etc. and was instructed to see to it that all such things are put into and maintained in proper condition.