“the best place for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Smadar-Inn

Smadar-Inn
jerusalem
“the best place for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

very centrally located B&B 4 rooms hotel. Very romantic AND VERY SUITABLE FOR COUPLES !! The rooms are extremely spacious and comfortable . The pool was excellent and the breakfast also. very friendly staff.

Room Tip: room number 2 was excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nissim_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The location, cleaniness and facilities are exceptional. The rooms are extremely spacious comfortable and worthy of a far higher price. The pool was excellent and the breakfast ( as everywhere in Israel) was plentiful and varied. The familys puppy is also extremely cute and friendly and very much added to our time there! That being said there were some things which i found quite irritating ( irritating rather than really bad otherwise we wouldnt give it 4 stars!) and did detract from the whole experience.

1. Often no-one around so if you need anything there isn't anyone to ask. On this basis they should make sure you know everything you need to know. For example we had to wait a full day to get the wi-fi code as there was no one to ask.
2. We asked for them to book us a taxi to get our flight on our checkout day and they gave us a number instead of calling them for us.When we rang they didnt speak English so in the end it ruined our last day as we were waiting around not knowing if we had a taxi booked or not. Eventually we spoke to a staff member later in the day who rang for us and was told that the cab firm had asked her to ring them back ten minutes before we needed the cab to confirm. In the end we never saw the staff member again and no taxi turned up at the agreed time. We had to go to a restaurant nearby to get them to ring the cab firm, and a taxi did eventually come 15-20 minutes late. I have no idea if the taxi that arrived had been called by the staff member or the restaurant. All in all this was a real added stress on the last day of our trip and i would expect a b&b of this quality to be able to succesfully order a taxi for its guests. ( Incidentally, I dont blame the staff member who we spoke to later in the day for this, they should have rung the taxi number in the first place rather than give the number to us.)
3.The pool was covered, the photos showed it as being both covered and not covered, we assumed in the summer it would be uncovered. My assumption is that as the family use the pool themselves regularly , they prefer it covered so it stays covered, regardless of what the guests would prefer.
4. While breakfast quality was exceptional we didn't really like the fact it was on one small table with all the other guests. Some people I'm sure would like this, and in some circumstances i would as well, but being on holiday as a couple I would prefer to have breakfast alone. We also felt a little uncomfotable as the staff were standing there waiting for us to finish and sometimes even clearing up while we were still eating. Food was often moved from plate to plate as part of clearing up so it felt as if we were eating other peoples leftovers. All in all the atmosphere was just a bit awkward so we didn't enjoy the breakfast as much as the quality of food should have allowed us to.

Despite these slight annoyances I just cant give a properly bad review as it would not be fair on the outstanding facilities and location ( and puppy) of this b&b

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marc C
Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I had made a reservation in person (visiting the B&B twice), not via phone. I confirmed the reservation for 2 rooms and asked to secure it with a credit card. Smadar said it was not necessary, the rooms are ours. In addition, I asked to hold the other 2 rooms, which Smadar told me I had first option and would call me if anyone asked for them. She asked me to check back regarding the 2nd 2 rooms around a month before the date we were planning to arrive. Over a month before, I called Smadar saying I wanted to reserve the 3rd & 4th rooms and was told that no rooms were available. ALL FOUR ROOMS were given to others! Smadar then claimed that I hadn't provided the credit card. When I reminded her that I had been there and offered her the card and she said it was not necessary - she FINALLY apologized for her error but...made no effort to correct, assist or even suggest alternative locations!
Ironically, other B&Bs I reached out to at this point to save the fiasco (it was for out of country wedding guests and bride/groom!!) - even if they were full, they showed greater concern & professionalism by trying to help and offer alternatives !
I physically visited the Inn and it is indeed lovely - but be sure to book and do not rely on any verbal reservation confirmations and promises.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JCB40
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

In a perfect location in heart of the town, but in a very quiet space, these romantic rooms carefully designed and equipped are a perfect place to stay. The little details enrich the experience in this real boutique hotel. The staff, the food and wine were also great. We really enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi area as well. We were looking for a relaxing and romantic stay and could not have made a better choice in Zichron.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

I do not usually like Bed and Breakfast Inns, but this place was such a pleasant surprise! The rooms were very generous- high ceilings with exposed beams. So many little luxuries - they thought of everything: a great coffee maker with perfect chocolates to accompany your espresso. A small fridge with milk and water. An excellent bottle of their wine along with cookies made by the family. The towels were lush, the shower and bathroom were huge. Felt cozy yet had all the modern amenities. Great indoor warm pool and hot jacuzzi. The hosts were so charming and they actually ran with me down the street to a Speedo outlet so that I could get a bathing suit to enjoy the pool. Breakfast the next morning was perfect. My one regret is that I had to leave after one night.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Nankeepo
La Jolla, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

We were in Israel for a family wedding, unhappy with the limited hotel options in the area. Smadar is the perfect alternative to overpriced hotels, typical B&B. The rooms are large, modern, well furnished, homey without feeling like you are staying with your parents.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diver858
York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

i just loved this place! they have it spot on and reminded me of an Italian Agriturisimo. The rooms are spacious and perfectly rustic, the communal areas are beautifully kept, clean and the smell of the jasmin bushes is wonderful. Breakfast is great a lovely choice and the little pastries made by the owner are a deiight. Its not often i would give a place 5 stars but this hidden jem ticks all the boxes. The bed was comfy i had the best nights sleep, so peaceful. The little town is perfect too with boutiques, shops and bars. One thing to note, the rooms are not serviced but i personally like to come back to my room just as i left it!

Room Tip: they all look lovely! only 4 rooms its a family run b&b
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
#3 of 4 in Zichron Yaakov
Juha's Guesthouse
Juha's Guesthouse
#2 of 2 in Caesarea

Been to Smadar-Inn? Share your experiences!