“An amazing story of one family taking action in WWI”

Beit Aaronsohn - N.I.L.I. Museum
Champaign, Illinois
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“An amazing story of one family taking action in WWI”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We have visited Zichron on a romantic new year getaway. I remembered going to Beit Aharonson as a kid but didn't remember the actual experience so I offered to go. It was well worth it.

The house tells one of the forgotten stories of cooperation between the British and the Jews living in Israel during the first world war. It is also an amazing personal story of the Aharonson family and the spy network it created across the land of Israel to fight the Ottomans.

The video in the museum tells the story with passion. Love,war, betrayal, family bonds, people lost and found again, it is all there in one amazing story. Afterwards you get a guided tour of the house and get to experience living in Israel in 1916.

Well worth a visit!