“Close to the Lake Powell Bullfrog Marina”
Review of Ticaboo Resort

Ticaboo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Powell
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We spent two nights here last week, and the primary reason for selecting this property was its proximity to the Bullfrog launch area of Lake Powell. This part of Utah is really isolated, so don't expect to find many restaurants, grocery stores, or any sort of amusements other than the Lake.

The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room rate reasonable given the lack of any competing properties. The rooms were cheaply but comfortably furnished and clean. The king-size bed was comfortable, the unit AC noisy but effective.

They have a coin-operated washer and dryer---and the ice machine is also coin operated, so plan of bringing your own ice or picking some up in Hanksville when you drive through. The hotel does have a pool onsite, gas barbecue grills, a small snack/gift shop, and a nice restaurant.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a room away from the lobby and stairs. This place has lots of families staying i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank UtahCrowe
Sharon F, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your comments. I have just taken over as General Manager and we are making positive changes here at Ticaboo. We hope that you will visit again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this resort for 4 nights and really enjoyed ourselves. I am not into camping so it was the perfect place to stay while exploring Lake Powell during the day. The rooms were a little older but they were very CLEAN. The restaurant attached to it was very good and VERY reasonably priced for being the only eatery within 10 miles. The swimming pool was average but they had great new lounge chairs. We rented their pontoon boat one day and a razor another day and they were new and in excellent condition with no problems at all. The price was GREAT and we are considering a family reunion there next summer because it was such a good deal. They even have gas bar-b-ques for the guest's use.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This is a great place to stay near Bullfrog Marina. We stayed here the night before we picked up our houseboat rental. Clean and convenient with great customer service and the cafe had a delicious breakfast menu. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wade S

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We ended up here by accident using priceline. It turned out to be an awesome place with great service and really nice rooms. Wish we could have spent more time there. Would strongly recommend staying for several days and exploring the area and taking the fairy across lake Powell.

Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Wilbertj V

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Ticaboo resort is an oasis in the middle of nowhere. They were in the middle of a renovation when we arrived but it was pre-season and it didn't disrupt our stay at all. My friend and I were there for a bass tournament and they have charging stations set up for our boat. The only complaint I have is that the restaurant is supposed to open at 6:30am daily and every day that I arrived at that time, the manager is just arriving and wiping sleep out of his eyes and NOTHING is ready. The chairs are on the tables, coffee isn't started and the grill is cold. So, if you are planning on hitting the lake after a "quick" 6:30am breakfast, make other plans. They move at a snails pace early in the morning. Other than that, it is a comfortable, cheap and clean place to stay with NO frills. The ice machine takes quarters, so if you need a bunch of ice, bring a roll or two of them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jimmy P
BucMan1, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Hi Jimmy,
On behalf of myself and the Ticaboo staff we are sorry that we were not completely ready to go by 6:30 am in the restaurant -
We will use your review as a teachable moment for the staff and will strive to improve our early morning service.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to get another chance to exceed your expectations.
Christopher Kehn, CHA.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I was giving a discounted coupon to stay at Ticaboo Lodge for my yearly hunting trip. I normally stay elsewhere but thought I could not lose for the money.
I made a great choice - My room was large, clean and modern with a microwave and fridge. What really made the difference was the 2 gentleman that work the at the desk.
The continental breakfast was posted to start at 7:am but for my 4 day stay they prepared the breakfast at 6:am just for us....that is customer service!
I can not say enough about the polite and caring way my group was treated. I will be back!

Room Tip: First floor rooms near pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jack S
Sharon F, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for your comments and your nice comment on Wayne and the Front desk staff I will be certain to pass this along. I will also address the concerns you have with the pool gate and breakfast buffet. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I returned to Ticaboo/Lake Powell in late September to spend one last weekend on our houseboat at Bullfrog Marina. The resort keeps getting better and this is a SHOUT OUT to the new owners! "great Job" people are noticing your efforts and the improvement in customer service is spot on!
We will see you next year and plan to rent razors for our day off the lake.
Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: King deluxe rooms have been upgraded!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Tiffany S
Sharon F, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. It is so nice to hear great comments and with the Best customer service ever title we are honored. We are so pleased that you chose us and enjoyed your stay. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Been to Ticaboo Resort? Share your experiences!