“great for the price”
Review of Ticaboo Resort

Ticaboo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lake Powell
Reviewed 17 August 2014

No, this isn't a Hyatt Regency, but it is actually a pretty descent place, especially considering the location. I keep a boat on Lake Powell, but we stay in a motel the day we have it put in and out of the water each year. I have stayed at both Ticaboo and Defiance Lodge in Bullfrog. For the money, Ticaboo wins hands down! The staff is very friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We have eaten breakfast in the restaurant...and while very basic...the food was good and we enjoy eating outside. I noted one reviewer complained about the bats at night....duh! I guess they just don't get to places like Powell very often since occasional bats are common everywhere and are harmless. If you want to avoid bats at Lake Powell then stay inside! Or you can just enjoy them as a part of the natural grandeur that is Lake Powell. We are fortunate to have the Ticaboo Resort where it is and I recommend it. I have also recommended it to friends and they all have been satisfied.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lobby if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Sharon F, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your nice comments. The Bats have become part of the Ticaboo Family. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and we continue to improve every year so we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We go to lake Powell every year and were so happy to see that this motel was open again. The location is perfect for staying the night before loading onto the houseboat. We will not waste the money again staying here. We had 4 rooms for our group. 3 of the 4 were dirty. None of the rooms had soap. When we asked for some soap the front desk was unable to give us any and were obviously irritated that we were bothering them with our request. Front staff was not only incompetent but bordered on being rude.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Diane T
Sharon F, General Manager at Ticaboo Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for your comments I have addressed these issues with our staff and we hope you will try us again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were glad to see Ticaboo open again last year and happy to see it under new management this year. The pool is open and has new lounge cHairs with very thick cushions. The restaurant is open and has a good beer selection and is serving wine. The pulled pork sandwich on a sweet bun was wonderful.
We were there on a Saturday night and they had a large screen TV set up outside and were showing family movies. People were sitting on blankets on the grass and watching. They also had a fir pit set up and people were roasting marshmallows. Both fun entertainment ideas!
Our room had a firm bed, fridge, and microwave. It was clean. We'll stay there again. It is just so handy to Lake Powell.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickie R

Thank you for your comments. I have just taken over as General Manager and we are making positive changes here at Ticaboo. We hope that you will visit again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have stayed at the Ticaboo Resort a couple of times and will go back when visiting Lake Powell. The hotel employees provide exceptional service and will go out of their way to help you. On our last trip we forgot our boat cleaning rags and the staff gave me some of their cleaning towels at no charge.

It takes only 10 min. from the Resort to get to the lake and it is well worth it for the service they provide. The restaurant next door has great food and ice cream as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bettina M

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Mediocre hotel near North Lake Powell. Some of the staff was wonderful (restaurant and ice cream parlor), while front desk staff and management could use both attitude improvements and some basic training. Multiple phone calls were required to correct erroneous credit card charges, with which the front desk team was very argumentative and rude. They eventually admitted fault, but damage is done. Would not return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dannyburrito

Reviewed 28 July 2014

More then anything I think I got suckered by the pictures and positive reviews from others about this place. I mean, it's OK, but it definitely needs a facelift. And you have to buy ice...well at least that's what the sign said...they'll give you a quarter or two for the ice machine though if you ask..first time I ever saw that at a hotel.

Oh yeah and don't go swimming in the late evening....I took my kids for a dip after a long day's drive down the Burr Trail and into Glen Canyon - thought it would be good to get a bit refreshed - guess what? Bats flying everywhere around the pool. I mean, great that we got to see bats in the desert, but....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank little_CRO

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great new management and we were very happy with our three-night stay! Our rooms were large and clean and the staff was very friendly and happy! The restaurant next door is now managed by the same team and the food was great (even for my very picky eaters) and reasonably priced. I'd rather drive the 12 miles out to this quaint motel than pay more than double at the on-site Bullfrog hotel. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sheri P

Been to Ticaboo Resort? Share your experiences!