“Amazing Bed and Breakfast on the Ocean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Glace Bay
Vespers by the Sea Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Glace Bay B&B and Inns
worcester
“Amazing Bed and Breakfast on the Ocean”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My firend and I stayed here for two nights and it was an amazing place, a beautifully restored convent perched by a cliff overlooking the ocean. The rooms were very comfortable and Joyce, the hostess, was very friendly and helpful. She obviuosly takes great pride in this place and it shows. I really loved this place and will return the next time I go to Cape Breton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank san_luis_rey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
gr, michigan
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights during a motorcycle trip out of Michigan. We had the New Aberdeen Mine Room #2 and it really does have the best view of the ocean! We could even hear the surf at night. It felt like we were the only guests there since it was so quiet! Everything is so tastefully decorated and the food was great! Joyce even gave us a quick breakfast the morning we wanted to head off early to the Cabot Trail. So kind! We loved it!

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cyclingduo30
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a great stay in this beautiful converted convent. The rooms, other facilities and the views were amazing. We had a great time as well with our wonderful host Joyce -- breakfasts were plentiful and home-cooked, and the home-made jams were lovely. Remember to let Joyce know if you have any food sensitivities. A great surprise in Glace Bay.

Room Tip: Go for one of the rooms have direct access to the decks, great for taking advantage of the ocean vie...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Blair D
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was invited to a wedding in Glace Bay & thought, "why not, I've never been there". The bride booked this B&B for me and I was not disappointed! Joyce has it decorated in period pieces through out and the charm is the first thing you notice. A group of us attending the wedding were staying here & the huge lounge,equipped with satellite big screen TV, games, comfy couches and chairs was a perfect gathering spot for all of us to meet and get to know each other better. The internet connection is hit & miss but Joyce was kind enough to lend me her laptop to do a few things that needed to be done. Breakfast was always plentiful and good. Joyce even served to a few late risers. The view from our room was spectacular and I will never forget the hospitality, sun, sea air and lovely breeze.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We spent two nights here before heading off to explore the Cabot Trail.

Location - Seaside in Glace Bay. A little off the beaten track, but well worth the bit of extra time finding the place.

The Home - Up until 2001 this was home to a Convent. There are still homages to the history of the building. It has been beautifully maintained. Hardwood floors, stunning crown mouldings. There is WiFi - but it is a bit hit and miss, depending on where you are in the house. There is a lovely porch over looking the ocean. There is no AC but the breeze coming off the water along with a fan we found our room quite comfortable.

The Hostess - Joyce was waiting for us when we arrived - even though it was quite late. She was cheerful and informative once we finally arrived.

The Room - We took the Donkin room. It was on the third floor and had stunning view and veranda. The room was large. The bathroom was NOT ensuite, it was across the hall. It was private. Here falls my only complaint. The bed was extremely hard. Could use a pillow top for sure.

Breakfast - we had breakfast both mornings. There was a compliment of cereals and yogurt toast and fruit salad. First day was French toast and Waffles the second. Coffee and Tea were available. Along with some juices. The meal was delicious both mornings.

We both really enjoyed this place, and would definitely return time and again.

Room Tip: GPS would be your best friend. It was a bit difficult finding the pal
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank maggiemaeCanada
Halifax, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was the most beautiful restfull and quite place. The Landlady was very caring and made us welcome and nothing was too much trouble for her. The breakfast was good and wholesome. The veiw over the bay was awsome.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Diane M
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I arrived very late at night and Joyce, the very helpful inn keeper was ready and waiting to welcome me, a kind and thoughtful gesture as not all B&B's offer such service.

Vespers by the Sea is a beautiful and tastefully restored former nunnery, the ground floor rooms - reception, dinning room and parlour are comfortable, many informative books of the local area and pieces of literature are available to read.
It is immaculately furnished and care for with loving hands.

Breakfast is served with a smile and is delicious - be prepared to eat lots and lots!

Unfortunately my room wasn't over looking the ocean, however it did have a wrap around deck with views to the sea and was easily accessible from my side of the house.
I found my room a tad small and without a closet in which to hang my clothes. My private bathroom was beautifully appointed, but it was located a short walk from my room, I found the lack of privacy a little annoying... however everything else was superb.

I would highly recommend this B&B, ask for a room with sea views and bathroom all in one and you will find your stay second to none in Cape Breton.

Happy holidays.

Comfort Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
#5 of 7 in Sydney
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Vespers by the Sea Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!