Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre
Lane's Privateer Inn(Liverpool)(Great Value!)
US$89
White Point Beach Resort(Southwest Nova Scotia)
US$136
Topmast Motel(Lunenburg)
US$90
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgreat hoteloff the highwayhot breakfastlocal amenitiesincluded breakfast ishockey tournamentnova scotialiquor storevery clean hotelthe hotel stafflots of parkinghome friesnice poolsofa bedwalking trailsfront desk staffplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Relatively new hotel, great staff everytime I am there. Rooms are spacious and located close to lots of tourist attractions on the south shore. I travel a lot for work and always look forward to my stay here!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 8 November 2012

The hotel had spacious rooms, a quiet atmosphere, even though a Chek hockey team was staying there! It's located right across from Liverpool's new Sports complex boasting an excellent workout facility with a weight room, (although the hotel had one as well) indoor track and, of course, a hockey rink. There's also an outdoor jogging/walking trail and a sliding hill in the winter. Staff, at the hotel, were courteous, friendly and helpful. The wide variety hot or cold breakfast, which is included, was great. The room, with Queen size beds, was clean and appeared to have been hardly used! The large size TV had a DVD player and DVD's were available, at no charge, from the front desk. The choice of TV programming wasn't that good!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Doug C
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank you for your comments! - it was an exciting time in Liverpool when the Czech Republic team stayed with us on their way to compete in the World Junior A championships! I'm glad to hear you took advantage of our DVD options as well. we appreciate your comment on the tv selections and will take this into consideration for the near future to improve on.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Our family of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids age 10,4 &3 stayed there August 31, 2012. The hotel is only about 3 years old. Very clean, friendly staff. We stayed in room 324. We wanted a room that had no pets stay in it plus 2 queen beds. First floor was allowed pets so they upgraded us to the third floor no extra cost where there was no pets allowed in rooms. It was a great room with fridge and microwave. Staff was very nice.Breakfast was very good. We decided to stay a second night it was so great.

Room Tip: Ask for no smoking or no pets you may get upgraded for free.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey H

We are pleased to hear you had a great stay! It is important that we fulfill your expectations. we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I recently was a guest of a guest at this hotel; she was there getting ready for her wedding. I did not spend the night however I did have the opportunity to spend a fair bit of time in the hotel.
The hotel is still fairly new, which is pretty evident when you first drive up. Everything is still crisp and new. The lobby is tastefully decorated giving it a modern, contemporary feel.
The first thing I noticed is the elevator is slow. It appears there is only one in the building. While the building is not that large one elevator does not seem to be sufficient, particularly during a busy weekend.
While I was waiting for the elevator to arrive I over heard an exchange between the front desk and another guest. This guest arrived prior to check in time. It seems there were no rooms available at that time to check them in to. Instead of offering to store luggage and suggest things this party could do while they waited they were simply told to come back at 3:00 and were curtly dismissed. This may seem nit picky, however I have worked in the industry so I notice these things.
I eventually made it up to the room I was looking for. The rooms are quite spacious and just as well decorated as the lobby. The view from the rooms leaves quite a bit to be desired: there isn't much to be seen other than a parking lot and the building across the street.
As the wedding prep continued someone called down to the front desk asking to have the flowers and a few other items brought up to the room. We were told it wouldn't be a problem, and someone would be right up. A few minutes later someone was at the door to deliver the items. This person, we assume, works for the hotel, however it should be noted she was not in anything that remotely resembled a uniform. No name tag, nothing identifying herself as an employee. Beyond that she rudely asked if this was all we were going to need because they were too busy to keep coming up to the room. I was floored. I understand what it is like to be busy, however you do not tell a guest you cannot continue to help them because you're too busy. Thankfully the bride did not hear this said to us, however enough of us did. And those of us to did weren't overly impressed.

As we were leaving the hotel I overheard two of the housekeepers grumbling to each other in the hallway about how they don't have the stock/supplies they need to do their jobs. Again, I understand what it is like to be busy, however keep these vents/conversations out of earshot of guests.

This is a lovely hotel with potential if they manage to tidy up their guest service. I hope what I saw isn't typical. However, as they say: a first impression is a lasting impression.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN PLUS Liverpool Hotel & conference centre for your accommodations during your recent stay in Liverpool. There really is no greater way to improve our services than by receiving feedback from a valued guest.

I apologize for the lack of service you experienced during your stay. it concerns me that you felt our hotel does not provide a personal touch as it is a standard practice for us. Sometimes courtesy assistance onsite from an off duty manager will take the lead to assist with the staff in the event there is a high volume of requests from our guests. Comments relating to our departments should not have been exchanged, our apologies.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope ths experience will not deter you from visiting our hotel again. if I may be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact Management by calling the hotel directly.

kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Our stay could not have been better. There maybe isn't anything absolutely amazing about either Liverpool or the Best Western, but everything was just right, and I would say the stay was better than expected.

It is a new property and it is very nice and very clean. They have a nice swimming pool - not real big or deep, but big enough to enjoy and the temperature was very comfortable for my children. Beside the pool is a large area with tables and chairs to sit and watch. There is a nice fitness room with a good variety of equipment, a DVD player in your room with a small selection of DVDs at the Front Desk you can borrow for free, and a great full, hot breakfast served each morning. There was a choice of cereal, bagels, toast, yogourt, orange slices, eggs, homefries, waffles, sausages, and juice / milk / tea / coffee - with a family of four, this was a great money saver.

The property is right by the highway and had a huge parking lot that our children used to ride their bikes behind the hotel.

The rooms and bathrooms were very nice. Nothing extravagant, but nice and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Melissa_Robinson_GM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Liverpool Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our pool and the breakfast. It's nice to know that you took advantage of the DVD movie selection during your stay, this is a feature most of our guests appreciate, especially as a family traveller. We hope you will return to Liverpool in the future! Melissa Robinson- General Manager, Best Western PLUS LIverpool Hotel & Conference Centre