“Great Getaway to Chill” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calabogie Lodge Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calabogie
Calabogie Lodge Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Calabogie
“Great Getaway to Chill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Always a pleasure to visit the Lodge Resort. A treat to have such a great disconnect spot so close to downtown. While we did visit via a Dealfind coupon, check in was accepted early, fast and efficient. The requirement to attend a 1.5 hour sales presentation might have coloured the w'end but in fact provided an education on possible holiday options. As this was a chill-ax getaway, the Lodge has once again delivered in spades. Kudo's to Polly's Lll Shanty for the liaison with the Lodge and thanks for a great meal.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. Plumbing noises within the units may be a nuisance. Otherwise a great warm...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Good to hear you had a great experience! Come back again......

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

I, too, purchased a dealfind voucher for this resort and was looking forward to going. I called to try and book it and was asked if I was over 25 and was married or common law and had government issued proof of this. I advised that I was over 25 and wasn't married and would be attending with my partner. I was told that I was disqualified from the Voucher. The girl would not tell me why. I looked at my voucher and this is what it says 'Voucher holders must attend a 90-minute orientation and tour of the resort with their spouse or significant other.' Nowhere does it say that you need to be married or common law to buy the voucher. I was planning on attending with my significant other! Needless to say this has left a sour taste in my mouth and wasted my time. The woman advised that I would get a refund and to call dealfind in a few days. Lets hope! I guess the resort is more interested in selling time shares to people they think will buy instead of making new and possibly repeat customers. I won't be purchasing another dealfind or visiting this resort.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Vaca8155019
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We spent a wonderful three days at Calabogie Lodge with our two children 18 and 12. We had a two bedroom villa and since the last time we visited we could tell that some renovations had been done. The bedrooms are fabulous! Congratulations to the staff for picking such a comfy matrasses (king size!). The kitchen looked brand new as well. We went skiing (even though it was quite chilly) and the children enjoyed the swimming pool and the games room (the older one less than the young one for obvious reasons). We would love to come more often since we love this place. They have time share sales and we are considering purchasing one. We also enjoy the service (very helpful ladies at the reception) and very clean rooms. This place is about nature so, of course you won't find high end fancy restaurants, shopping malls or night clubs. You go there to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Joanna P
Thank you for your comment! We appreciate the feedback!!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went up to calabogie with a group of friends. We had a terrific weekend. The rooms were very nice. the ski hill was great and in the evenings there was a great pool with a spa and sauna.The facilities were all very clean and the staff nice.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mat g
CalabogieLodge, Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
We appreciate your comments.....please come back again!
Oshawa, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

I bought a voucher from Dealfind.com website for Calabogie Lodge Resort. In the voucher they say that we should attend an "orientation and tour of the resort". I am used to participate in such activity, as I was in many other holidays where a guide present s the resort and attractions. But, when trying to book the stay, I found that if we miss attending the “presentation” Calabogie will charge my credit card with more than 200 dollars. This condition of participation never appears in the written information available about the voucher in the sources available. I believe that all the conditions linked to a certain promotion should be officially available for the client so you can choose having all information before buying. More, I wrote 3 emails to Calabogie trying to get a written information about the costly “punishment” of not attending what proves to be an experimental group of publicity but they never wrote back the answer. I tried also to get my money back from Dealfind but they are rude and happy to still your money. So, I suddenly felt in a trap! I was so frustrated and angry!!!
If you are among the buyers of these vouchers there are some more things to know :

1.If you have small baby as we do, they say in the voucher that you must provide a caregiver so both parents are able to attend the presentation. It comes that you have to bring nanny with you, so you can end paying even more for your stay in the resort than if buying the usual accommodation

2.Calabogie Lodge Resort answers after days to your emails, and Dealfind never answers. The Calabogie Resort phone provided in the voucher doesn’t work sometimes and they don’t have a person to take the phone calls when the other is left. All these are disrespectful to the client. You have to be very insistent to find them. The whole process of trying to book the stay and clarify the situation started on 8th December and finished on 19th of December when I received the last email from Calabogie Lodge Resort avoiding my direct questions about the amount of money they charge for not attending the presentation.

3.You drive few hours to Calabogie and arrive maybe in the middle of the day hoping that you will spend a whole peaceful second day with your family. But next day you have to cook your breakfast, and then attend a 1 ½ h of what proves to be a forced publicity for buying a vacation ownership as far as I understood. That starts with 10 in the morning, so it steals half of your day.
So, in my opinion, this so-called “promotion” (!?) is a very poor marketing strategy from Calabogie . At least in the case of my family, they succeeded in pushing us away, we will never be interested even to see Calabogie Lodge Resort and we will always say what happened to us! It is quite a pity that Calabogie hides behind a tourism offer a very disappointing and aggressive publicity, hoping that they will have long term clients for that! In the case of both companies, this voucher represents a misleading advertising , a very deceptive marketing practice and an unfair business practice.
After I understood I am in a trap, I read hundred reviews about Dealfind and I saw the movie on Marketplace showing hundred of people tricked by this website. So pity I didn’t read them before, and I wander if Calabogie management read them while entering the partnership with this company.
I wonder also if these people can still from our pockets having the law in their hands, because the way they behave looks like they have no doubt. I will try to find that, and even if I didn’t loose a huge amount of money I really think that these small sums of money they get fatten their pockets, and these kind of situations should never exist, at least in Canada. They base on our lack of time and energy for trying to find the legal answers to these situations.
And you know. this voucher should have been a nice Christmas present for my family!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
22 Thank ShinyDew
CalabogieLodge, Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our Dealfind promotion. As noted clearly in the advertising material there are certain conditions to qualify for the promotion including the requirement to attend a presentation at our resort. We feel these requirements are fair in exchange for the exceptionally low price of this promotion which does not cover our costs.

It is unfortunate that you never visited Calabogie Lodge to experience our facilities and hospitality. Perhaps you may do so in the near future.

A complete reimbursement has been processed on your behalf through Dealfind.
Combermere, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Good lodging and restaurant and great little ski hill. Super place and value for a weekend ski vacation in Ontario. Lovely spot in the summer and fall as well! Shower pressure was lacking which us something we enjoy after a full day in the slopes,

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Cycleskinuts
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your feedback! We hope you come back for the 2014 ski season....or before!
Upland, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

The good news: The rooms inside are clean and modern. They have all the typical utensils and appliances we expect to find in a timeshare condo. On the plus side were free use of canoes, paddleboats and kayaks as it is located on a lake. In the lodge/office there is lots of literature, a nice indoor pool, a very nice orientation meeting, nice staff, no sales presentations and free Internet.

On the downside; The location is somewhat isolated, there are long drives with nothing to see but vegetation (lots of poison ivy and sumac) and forests. Honestly, most of the little local towns are mundane. The one really nice town to visit was Perth and that was over an hour away. Ottawa was busy the day we visited and it seemed there was no resonable parking anywhere due to lots of construction but we also picked a bad day due to rain. Once you cross the river in Ottawa you are in Quebec so either have a GPS handy or know how to read French.

The unfortunate part really was the deterioration on the outside upkeep. Clearly they must be woefully understaffed in that department. Trees need trimming, outside wood siding needs upkeep, common areas had rusty trash cans, BBQ 's need maintenance, porches and decks need sweeping to clear out the cobwebs. etc. The place looks great from a distance, up close is when you notice these details. In Canada due to extreme weather conditions outside upkeep is very important, especially for wood which can deteriorate quickly.

It wasn't all that bad, it was actually average to good so I would give it a 3.5. Great if you like hiking, biking, kayaking or have never been to Canada before. We've been to Canada and to timeshares many times so I'm using my perspective. I think first-timers would give it a higher rating. I notice many of the raters for this property and on RCI are Canadian so maybe they didn't have to go through all the expense we did to get here. With such high reviews we just expected better, that's all. No regrets and I don't mean to sound negative, just being honest..

Room Tip: Two bedroom units are the best even if you are only traveling as a couple. Second bedroom comes in h...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lou C
CalabogieLodge, Public Relations Manager at Calabogie Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for your comments! We are currently working on the exterior of the buildings. As the resort is high in demand year round, we have allocated the first phase of exterior maintenance for this fall. Appreciate your feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calabogie
Days Inn & Conference Centre Renfrew
Jocko's Beach Resort and Motel
Pine Lodge
Pine Lodge
#1 of 1 in Bristol

Been to Calabogie Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!