We picked this hotel in part on the Trip Advisor award of Excellence. I am having trouble understanding how they picked up this award. We reserved two rooms with double beds for 3 days for the 7 of us. This is a bare bones establishment. Beds are set on homemade plywood frames. The plywood in the second room we used was coming apart and nails were sticking out.
The boxsprings looked old, very old. Pillows are thin and hard. So we had to ask for more pillows.The staff was nice and brought two more paper thin pillows.
Blankets are paper thin to handle Canadian winters. On the first night, in both our rooms, the heat stopped working. Since it was 7'C, it was pretty cold. The next morning, we called the staff and were given new rooms. However, in the new rooms, the power stopped working, and in one room, the shower hot/cold faucets were mixed up.
This could be 3 star hotel if they would update the above issues, such as springing for decent blankets that don't look like they were made in the 1970's, and also:
1) put a towel rack in the bathrooms. 2 tiny hooks for towels don't provide enough room to hang clothes and wet towels for a family. Or at least spring for 2 more tiny hooks.
2) put a shelf in the bathroom. They have a small sink with barely enough room for toothbrushes and bathroom supplies for each family of 3 or 4.
3) Update the awful dark looking, cheap bedspreads.
4) put in a new bathtub plug. The one we used was too small, and the water kept draining out the tub.
The only good thing about this hotel is it was very clean, the staff was nice, it had a new flat screen tv and wi-fi.
Prices range from $69. to $109. as of this writing. These rooms were worth $59. at best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are just minutes from the beach and historic downtown. A two story modern facility equipped with air conditioning colour FLAT SCREEN TV, wireless internet as well as microwaves and fridges in each room. We also have an indoor pool and whirlpool spa as well as a sauna and fitness centre. Direct dial phones with voice mail. Located close to many tourist attractions. Open year round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Cedar Lodge Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Hotel Goderich
- Cedar Lodge Motel Goderich, Canada - Ontario