Samuels Hotel
Dreamz Inn(Goderich)
Deer Park Lodge(Bayfield)
The Ashwood Inn(Bayfield)
View Hotel
All reviewscupcakescontinental breakfastmaitland riverboutique hotela river view roomyogurtsmall patioice machinehome basepatio doorslovely little hotelsmall hotelexcellent staymodern decorwalk in showerroom was cleanplace to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Such a pleasant venue and quite close to down town. The room was immaculate and very clean. Beautiful white linens and very tastefully decorated. We would most definitely recommend!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RM G
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2011

Thank you for writing such a complimentary review of our Boutique Hotel. I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay and we will look forward to seeing you again on your future get-aways!

Reviewed 9 August 2011

The nicest stay we had in a long while along Huron.
Amazing place! Incredibly clean and spotless. Top quality Grohe fixtures, plasma, modern furnishing, beautiful floor in room. White and soft towels and nice bed.
It is soooo worth the money in comparison to some of the suspicious places called motels or inns within 50km radius.

Had a pleasant time. We only wish Goderich had more to offer....better restaurants as well.

Breakfast is included as well :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Juliett31

We appreciate the time you took to write a review about our Boutique Hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel, and your travels along Lake Huron!

Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I went to Goderich for the long weekend to see a play at Blyth, do some biking, and generally relax. We picked Samuels because the room pictured a big soaker tub and we knew that we would be dragging after so many K's biking. Neither the hotel or the tub disappointed!

The hotel has been recently renovated and has a modern look and feel. The floors are not carpeted which is lovely as carpet is generally dirty. The room was large, as was the aforementioned tub, with a king bed decked out with crisp linens and lots of pillows. Every room has a small walk out patio with chairs. There was a large TV (not used on this trip) and everything was perfectly clean.

The staff was very friendly and quite helpful when recommending restaurants and giving directions to various places. Continental breakfast is included. There was lots of choice, including make your own waffles, cereal, yogurt, toast, pastries, and the usual caffeine.

We will certainly return the next time that we are in the area.

Room Tip: Book in advance!
2  Thank Anne Marie C
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a glowing review of Samuels Hotel. I'm glad that our property gave you what you were looking for in a relaxing vacation. We'll look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

My husband and I annually travel the Huron Coast, this year with the assistance of Trip Advisor we came upon Samuels Hotel...we actually cancelled our previous reservations (at another local establishment) based on the glowing reviews we read - and all proved - to be true. The rooms at Samuels are positively unique and modern - I feel that they could rival a Toronto loft. The beds were extremely comfortable and the general feel of the room was welcoming. We will definitely consider Samuels Hotel again once we venture into this area next year.

Room Tip: If all the rooms were like ours, then they should all be fabulous.
2  Thank aandlar
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

I am so glad that you were kind enough to leave your comments about our Boutique Hotel. I'm glad that your stay was very enjoyable. Thanks for choosing Samuels.

Reviewed 15 July 2011

I am originally from Goderich and was back with my fiancée for our wedding. My mother-in-law surprised us at Christmas with a stay at Samuels for our wedding night and an additional night. We stayed in the King Jacuzzi suite and were just absolutely impressed. The bed was extremely comfortable and it was hard to leave. The tub has plenty of room for two and was very relaxing; we used it several times. The giant walk-in shower was a welcome sight after the reception and was the perfect way to end the day. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful. The fruit was fresh, the pastries were delicious and I wish I had eaten more of that yogurt. The staff is wonderful and very attentive, they were very helpful and anticipated our needs before we did. All I have to say is this is the nicest hotel in Goderich in my opinion and can't wait to return the next time we're down home.

fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2011

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad our hotel met your expectations on such a special night.