“Just like home...”

Samuels Hotel
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Goderich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I truly enjoyed my stay at Samuels Hotel! It is friendly, cozy and super clean. I loved the added touch of my in-room fireplace, which made it feel more like home. Plus, the complementary continental breakfast was healthy, filling and delicious.

Room Tip: Next time, I'l request a room on the back of the hotel, instead of the front (which faces the pa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We're glad you felt so at home during your stay at Samuels. the fireplace is indeed a cozy place to curl up next to on these darker, drizzly days. We look forward to seeing you again one day in the future. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

There are newer reviews for Samuels Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Samuels Hotel was awesome! Our first visit promises not to be our last.
Front staff was terrific and very personable.
Room was beautifully inviting with a lovely fireplace in their King room.
We plan to go back in warmer weather to take advantage of nice little patio right outside our sliding door (facing the water).
Don't let the outside fool you as the inside is just lovely!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your stay snuggled close to the fireplace. It would be our pleasure to see you again when the thermometer rises. The river and trails are wonderful and our beaches are fantastic. There will be lots to explore on your next visit. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

The writer has stayed at Samuels several times over the past years, one night and several, solo and with others. The facilities and service have been nearly impeccable and any flaws quickly and cheerfully mended. Kim and her staff can inform you of events and facilities in and around Goderich, a charming town with fine beaches, views, and interesting surroundings for outdoor-oriented people and shoppers alike.
Rooms on the river side have a nice view to the town on the high ground to the south and west and in summer a good exposure to the sun; they may be a bit larger. Rooms on the village side are as comfortable and enable easier access to a vehicle. Good breakfasts, as hearty or modest as you may wish. The evening bistro menu provides a good alternative to heading into town after a long day out.
You will not find a better place to stay in the Goderich area. This I know because I have tried most of them. Now I just book to stay at Samuels.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We appreciate your continued visits to Goderich, and especially that you have chosen Samuels Boutique Hotel as your preferred place to stay. You have been able to see the progression of services that we offer since opening in 2010. We hope each time you visit we will continue to have something new for you to see or experience. Thanks for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This hotel is much nicer inside than outside.

The fireplace in the King Riverside room was a very nice touch, although it wasn't easy to control the temperature. The room was very spacious.

The free wi-fi was a huge bonus!

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend the King riverside with the fireplace.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our contemporary, boutique hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I were very impressed with this hotel after spending Thanksgiving weekend (2013)in Goderich. The hotel is situated on the north side of the Maitland River just off HWY 21 on Saltford Rd. which has wonderful views of the river and valley especially this time of year. The rooms are chic and modern with comfy beds, fireplace, flat screen TV, bar fridge, and a small sitting area. Floors are wood laminate, which add to the modern updated rooms. The bathroom is small, consisting of a toilet and a walk-in shower. The vanity with mirror and sink are just outside the bathroom. The room was spotless upon arrival and everything in its place.
There is a cozy dining room where you can enjoy the continental breakfast included in the room rate. Breakfast consisted of bagels, toast, cereal, muffins & pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. You can also order breakfast from the menu at an additional cost. Lunch and dinner is also served in the small bistro dining room.
When booking a room, I would strongly recommend booking a riverview room. Sliding glass doors open onto a small patio and a grassy area that extends to the riverbank. The grounds were well manicured and flowerbeds surrounding the complex were weed free as they do a very good job maintaining the outside as well.
Staff were very friendly and helpful which also adds to an enjoyable experience at this hotel.
Keep up the good work. Hotels like yours are hard to come by these days.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms have view of the Maitland River and surrounding valley.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving weekend at Samuels. The river view is especially beautiful this time of year with the fall coloured foliage. I'm very blessed to have the great staff I have. I'm glad you felt their service was great as well. Thank you for posting a review, much appreciated.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My husband and I always choose the Samuels Hotel when we're in Goderich. The rooms are always clean, the service is great, and the continental breakfast is really filling. The only things I would complain about was that our room was not cleaned during the 1st and 2nd night. And, the water pressure is very weak.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Glad to have you back again. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, much appreciated. Our rooms get a full clean every third day, or by guest request and the first and second day the beds are made, fresh linens replaced that are not hung up, bathroom cleaned and room dusted and vacuumed. Housekeeping is available until 2pm. I'm not sure why your room would not have been made up unless the do not bug me sign was up until 2pm. My apologies. If there is ever an issue on future stays, please let the front desk know. We are always happy to know and take care of anything you would like.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor, It was my wife's 50th birthday, plus she had no idea where she was going. When you pull up to the front door the outside is very plain with nothing really jumping out at you. However when you walk through the door you can tell the place is a hidden gem. Very quaint and updated, front desk area with a small dining room to one side. Dunya warmly greeted us and explained all the details we needed to know for our stay. When I booked this hotel I asked if I was able to check in early and Dunya who took my reservation said that wouldn`t be a problem and she was right. Our friends also booked a room for the weekend and were able to get a room right next door to us which worked out perfect. We reserved a river view room which had a king size bed, fireplace, fridge and the walkout to the view of the Maitland River. We had drinks out on the patio with our friends and also went for a walk down to the river to check out the fishermen. There is a large grassy area in the rear of the hotel which is good to relax out in the afternoon sun. When we left for the town of Godrich which is only a 3 minute drive we returned to find a happy birthday card with 2 boxes of Ice wine chocolates on our bed for the wife. (Nice touch for a special day) They also have a 2 bedroom converted school house attached to the hotel which was very spacious and good for 2 couples who would want to stay together. We might of had took that option however we were already unpacked and the girls didn`t want to re pack everything up again. Breakfast was included in the price which consisted of fruits, yogurt, muffins cereals etc. which was adequate for our needs. They also had a hot breakfast menu for an additional charge who wanted a more bigger meal. When you are travelling through the Godrich area you can see the the typical roadside Motels but Samuels is definetly a higher end Motel in the area. With all the little extras they give you I will be booking with Samuels in the future. Keep up the good work Samuels and they will come. P.S. Book a Riverview room as there is not much to look at on the parking lot side.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
fchild, Owner at Samuels Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

I'm glad your wife enjoyed her surprise 50th birthday weekend. Dunya is a star employee and I have no doubt that she did, indeed, take good care of you while staying at Samuels. We feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to build our hotel on the Maitland River. The colourful view is spectacular this time of year. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it's much appreciated.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Goderich
Cedar Lodge Motel
#1 of 9 in Goderich
Maple Leaf Motel
Maple Leaf Motel
#4 of 9 in Goderich

Been to Samuels Hotel? Share your experiences!