“We recommend this colourful fun!”
Review of Dreamz Inn

Dreamz Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Goderich
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at the Dreamz Inn while passing through the Goderich/Bayfield area. We stayed as a result of finding this hotel on tripadvisor and we echo all the great reviews already posted. What a great experience, especially compared to some of the places you can end up on in the outskirts of small towns. This place was so clean and it was clear they had taken great care to think of things travellers might need. I loved the robes & slippers, and the bed was SO comfortable. We had a fireplace & jacuzzi and enjoyed them both. The grounds are lovely with lots of different sitting areas (I fell asleep on a lounge chair at sunset!). The sports area and pool give you options of things to do. A continential breakfast is provided and you can take it to go. One of the features I loved (although I admit I didn't test it) was the speed dial options on the phone. I only noticed the phone because the speed dial buttons were as colourful as the rest of the hotel. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that, not only did they have the hospital and taxi services on speed dial, but they had restaurants that would deliver to the hotel. Having stayed in dozens of motels and having no idea about food options, I was particularly impressed with this feature. The only negative I could say is the lack of drawer space (such a minor detail), but given that we were passing through, even this didn't bother us. The drinks and treat waiting for you in the fridge is a great example of the care these proprieters put into their hotel. If we are ever in the area again (and we are looking for an excuse to go), we will definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MemberOntario

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my 3 kids and had a wonderful experience. I was greeted at the front desk by a lovely young woman who answered my many questions. Upon going up to the room, I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious, very nicely decorated and unbelievably clean. The rooms have no carpeting, and it creates such a crisp, clean environment. I really wish that more hotels would go in that direction. There was a small fridge and coffee maker, and the drinks in the fridge were complimentary (unheard of!!). The beds were very comfortable and the washroom was spotless. The following morning, we had a wonderful breakfast at the hotel and a long swim in the pool. Again, the pool area and hot tub are very clean and well maintained. Also, the hotel has lovely grounds with a beautiful setting of grass lawn and farmers' fields. All in all, the hotel was wonderful. The customer service was exceptional and the staff and managers take pride in their business. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boyfriend and I visited this charming hotel for the July 26 weekend. We were looking for a relaxing and romantic weekend away in a place we've never been before, and we could not have asked for better! Upon approaching the property it looked picturesque against the setting sun. The property was very well maintained, equipped with a full sports court, beautiful landscaping and statues. Inside the lobby, the receptionist was cheerful and check-in was speedy and efficient; she gave us a lowdown on the many amenities and services offered (complimentary continental breakfast, full access to the pool, jacuzzi, sauna, fitness room, business center use, and bathrobes and slippers for lounging). There is an elevator for those of you who have heavy/lots of luggage and the hotel is absolutely spotless! Upon entering our King Suite we were impressed by the spaciousness and character. And the bed....oh my goodness, the most comfortable bed you could ask for!! There was a couch and table for lounging, a TV with full channels, a clean and chic bathroom with all the essentials, a mini fridge, a digital safe.. and most importantly, a BEAUTIFUL view of the open farmlands to wake up to every morning. The weekend truly had a spa retreat feel.. Though it is only two-three hours away from Toronto and the GTA, this quaint hotel and beautiful town of Goderich really makes you feel like you're in another world. My boyfriend and I are counting down the days until we can get back to Dreamz Inn!

TIPS: if you've exhausted the restaurants in Goderich itself, head down Hwy 21 towards Bayfield.. it has beautiful restaurants and cute little stores along its streets.
- Also check out West Street Willy's restaurant.. it was featured on the Food Network show "You Gotta Eat Here" and the food is Ridiculously good
- Bring a camera.. it's not called Canada's prettiest town without a good reason

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank R B
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Really enjoyed our stay @ Dreamz Inn. The staff was very accommodating & friendly. The hotel itself was excellent. The room was spacious, modern, clean, etc. Will definitely go back and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I visited on July 19th. The hotel is modern with great colour. We had a room with a king size bed. The room was spotless. The fridge came with 2 bottles of water, 2 cans of pop and a bag of Hershey kisses. Great amenities! Salt water pool, hot tub and sauna and exercise room. We used the pool and hot tub. We also used the jet tub that came with our room and even checked out the beautiful fire place. The room has slippers and plush house coats for you to use. Outside is gorgeous too. There is a basketball area and nice Gardens and lawns with plenty of sitting room. We really like the different types of chairs offered outside. There were hanging ones and regular ones and a big cushion one. This hotel is close to everything, the beach, bayfield, restaurants etc. Management were very friendly. Big plus for us was that the bed was very comfortable! We would def come back again!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Unbound3
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Very clean and tidy, and pleasant staff. Nice to stay in a brand-new property, hope they keep it up. Good amenities (pool, tennis/basketball court), beautiful farmland setting. Check-in was efficient, staff accommodating of special requests, and continental breakfast as expected: usual 'beige' foods - waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, as well as bananas, juice, coffee, tea, but no eggs, meat, yogurt or other fruit. Room was the same - tidy, well-appointed, bold colours; good shower head, SUPER-comfortable bed, well-lit room, retro electric fireplace. I fear the awkward decor and incongruous colours throughout the guest rooms and common areas will age poorly. Can't really say it's a colour "scheme" or identify any obvious design choices, as there was no obvious relation of one tchotchke/indoor fountain/glittering statue to the next, other than a concrete version of the seven dwarves strewn around the front and side yards. Prepare to enjoy the rainbow of colour, the countryside vistas, and the new-property sheen - while it lasts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ida E
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My wife and I, along with another couple, stayed at Dreamz Inn in May and had a wonderful experience. The hosts attended to our every need, the rooms were very comfortable, modern, and clean. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in - my wife and I wanted to take it home with us! We would definitely recommend Dreamz Inn to any traveller in the Goderich to Bayfield (or even Grand Bend) area. We are looking forward to staying at Dreamz Inn again soon. Thank you!

Room Tip: Any room would be equally as nice.