“Lovely”

Through Windows Past
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Forest
Through Windows Past
Ranked #1 of 2 Forest B&B and Inns
Burlington, Canada
“Lovely”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed in the "Turret Room" which would be my suggestion to anyone visiting this B&B.Gorgeous and definitely the best room !!!! Bathroom is not an en-suite but a whole other bedroom converted into an en-suite. I actually did not realize from the pictures that this suite included a shower. It does have a walk in shower. My husband actually said, " seems weird to go to the bathroom in such a huge room!" The other rooms are also lovely and include their own bathroom . (The one room the has a bathroom a bit down the hall but is not shared ) I would also book the other rooms if the turret room was not available but I'd pout about it...lol !
I would have been even more impressed if I didn't arrive late (and tipsy) and only been staying for one night :(
Breakfast was yummy and served formally , but not stuffily. Not "city gourmet" but for sure country homemade tasty!!!!
My husband and I loved going back to our rooms after a wonderful breakfast to shower and lounge :) The house grounds are wonderful!
I have been to Sarnia/Forest many times in the last ten years visiting family. I am not sure why it took us so long to get around to this place (we've stayed at least 4 others) but, I wouldn't stay at any of them again (including for free at family's !!!)
Thank you so much for the lovely stay,
John and Leisa
PS, there is no pool but Trip adviser wont let me take it off.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Almonte, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Joy and Glenn (our Hosts) provide the perfect combination of warmth and helpful hospitality with scrumptious breakfasts in a superbly beautiful setting. Their magnificent Victorian home is both grand and comfortable. Over the past 4 years on our quarterly visits to our older cousin ( who lives in a retirement home nearby), we have stayed here over a dozen times, usually for 3 or 4 nights. Each visit was made more enjoyable with our stay at Windows Past. Thank You!!

Room Tip: The Turret suite has a lovely "soaker" tub. All the rooms are lovely, Over the years we...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We had a wonderful time staying at Windows Past. Glenn and Joy were so accommodating and the breakfasts were out of this world. We were visiting our son and family who lived a block away just before Christmas and it worked out beautifully. We were reminded of a Trish Romance picture when we stayed in this lovely home. It was so nice at the end of the day to come home to a plate of Joy's freshly baked cookies and choice of one of many coffees or teas. We stayed in the lovely room with the amazing shower and claw foot tub and my mother stayed in a cozy room with a comfy four poster bed. The house is filled with antiques and Glenn was more than happy to answer our many questions regarding them. We will be back!!

• Stayed December 2012
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed two nights here as we were in town for the Homemade Jam Music Festival in July which was being held at a beautiful park just a short walk from this B&B. My husband and I had never stayed in a B&B before our visit and both agree that we have been missing out! I cannot begin to say enough wonderful things about our stay - the property itself and rooms are gorgeous and exceptionally clean. You really do feel as though you are looking through windows past with the classic and tasteful decor.

Glen and Joy are the perfect hosts and will ensure that your stay is a memorable one. I am still talking about the breakfasts we were served on both days and wishing I could eat like I did every day!

If you are looking for a relaxing stay in a beautiful B&B in a charming town in Ontario then this is where you need to visit! You will not be disappointed. We can't wait to book our next visit.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Belfry Room which was lovely but will try to stay in the Turret Suite for our next...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This is one of the very best you will find in it's class from the colonial era. It has all the amenities you could ask for and then some. Glen and Joy are wonderful hosts who provide the best in service and will go the extra mile to help you. The rooms are tastefully decorated, and beds are of the highest quality. The room temperature is always perfect. The food is exquisite and the host is very attentive and always accommodating.
We have stayed here numerous times including three to four days at any given time, and are always guaranteed a peaceful nights rest. Don't let this place pass you by, take in one night and you will undoubtedly come back for more.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
toronto
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed one night and wished it had been longer!
Beautiful decorated large room with a victorian style high canopy bed, equiped with a step to climb into. very comfy. an unusual huge bathroom. Exceptionally clean, spotless. high quality bedding and towels. Peacefully located in a quiet street in Forest - a short drive to Pinery National Park and Grand Bend and their lovely sandy beaches.
Very good breakfast with your special requests served by Glen - the friendly and helpful innkeeper.
the house is surrounded by beautiful landscaping - well kept as perfect as the inside.
we loved our stay there and hoping to come back!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I have family in Forest, and was in town for a wedding nearby. What a treat to be hosted by Glen and Joy in their beautiful, spotless, spacious (yet charming) B&B. The rooms were very large, bathrooms and rooms were incredibly clean. Inviting books on the shelves, very comfortable beds, and complementary bottled water, coffee, and tea made everything that much more comfortable. My partner and I stayed in the Belfrey room, my brother and his wife in the Turret Room. Both were excellent. Special touches made us feel like honoured guests, yet also very much at home: Joy baked cookies and served them upon our arrival, Glen was attentive and considerate in serving a delicious three-course breakfast at the (pre-arranged) time our our choosing in the mornnig. Lovely people, lovely B&B. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forest
Forest Golf and Country Hotel
Pine Dale Motor Inn
Pine Dale Motor Inn
#3 of 4 in Grand Bend
No photo provided

Been to Through Windows Past? Share your experiences!