“Beautiful view, Very comfortable room”

Waterview on The Bay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wiarton
Edmonton, Canada
“Beautiful view, Very comfortable room”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I should begin by saying I think we had the nicest room in the place, very large with a King size bed. I had a fabulous sleep over the three days we were there. The room had everything we would want given the fact that it is a ways out of town and Wiarton definitely closes down early. I would agree that the room was very humid but given that I am from Alberta, everything in Ontario seems very humid to me. The owners were very kind and considerate, the property quiet and well-maintained. We liked it a lot.

Room Tip: Rooms A and B are definitely the nicest.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The owners were great, and when I told them I was there for business they upgraded my room for free - which was fantastic! The room had everything I needed, with a great view looking out over the lake. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank aalmas
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Are you sitting comfortably ?- then I shall begin. From reading the reviews of this motel I had high hopes. Alas the reality was somewhat far-removed from the positive reviews posted. First the good; nice position on the lake and amiable owners. Now the the bad; our room needed several hours of dehumidifying to be near to habitable, there was not enough space to swing a (small size) beaver and the standard of finish was up there with the motel from "Psycho"- correction- even the shower wasn't that good .add to the above paper thin/ creaking floors and voila you have the perfect storm of a lousy night's sleep.Simply dreadful. Nil points for ambiance.

This was sadly the worst of all the accommodation we stayed in during our vacation in Canada (out of 8 hotels ) I was really shocked that the owners could actually consider this acceptable to anyone. I am ashamed to have taken my family there and really regret paying an overinflated price for an incredibly uncomfortable stay. If we had arrived earlier we would have rejected it, but time was against us.

Never,never again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rob J
Deltaville, Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed here with my father on a business trip and we were both pleased. The staff was very friendly and attentive, though we didn't need to call on them because everything with our room ran smoothly. Unfortunately, we were only there a couple days, out early and in later, so we weren't able to use the many facilities that the hotel grounds has. We had a great view from our personal balcony of the lake. The room itself had a homey feel, maintaining it's older motel charm while still being clean, comfortable, quiet, and renovated where need be. All for a good price.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the lake will have a slightly nicer view. All the rooms are pictured on the hotel...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was a beautiful location. Great views. Grounds were immaculate. Rooms are dated. Staff was extremely friendly. I would stay again. The one thing I would suggest is to bring food with you. The closest restaurant is quite far from the hotel.

Room Tip: Spend the little extra to get the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was born in Wiarton, Ontario and know this property very well. We stayed there on a few occasions in two different styles of rooms. This was on older motel which was renovated and a new addition added to it. The rooms are beautiful and very rich, liken to those of N-O-T-L (for those of you from around the Niagara Peninsula). We have stayed there in summer and in winter. There are lots of activities for both seasons. The outdoors are gorgeous, overlooking Georgian Bay and the white cliffs of Wiarton. My nephew built his house on top of the cliff across the way from the Resort.
The large swimming pool is heated until Thanksgiving every year and is outdoors. It is pet friendly too, which makes a big difference, if you are an animal over and refuse to travel without your pet. I love this place.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Parkhill, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Warm and friendly welcoming you will receive from Evan n Dave. This was our second being staying there. This year we stay in their new cottages # 28 absolutely beautiful .Lots of room for my self and six children . The staff is very friendly there is lots for the kids to do but also you wouldn't know anyone else was there . Kids had a blast in the pool ,down at the beach and camp fires . I would highly recommend it to everyone. We have book next year already for a week .

Room Tip: cottages are beautiful and more private!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Debbie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
The Fitz Hostel
The Fitz Hostel
#1 of 2 in Lion's Head

Been to Waterview on The Bay? Share your experiences!