“nice weekend......friendly and clean”

Fiddlehead Resort Camp
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Fiddlehead Resort Camp
Muskoka
“nice weekend......friendly and clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at Fiddlehead in May, and we enjoyed our stay. It was peaceful and relaxing. When we came the owner told us just go through the gate and pick a site without taking any info or deposit from us. The next day we were all alone and the office was closed. It is such a nice feeling, when people trusting you. In July we will return with 3 other couples. The town is not far from the resort, and there are amazing caves and trails nearby. The beach down the road is great. you can walk for miles and our dog had fun. So we like this place, and can't wait till July.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank peekabooMuskoka

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

Honestly, I really do not recommend this place, is worst than terrible. The owner charged us $30 per person per night, for a terrible service, we could not sleep those nights, because so many people were having parties around us, the owner did not do ANYTHING about it. They put so many people in that place, but they only have 3 dirty bathrooms for men and three for women. That place do not have anything, no paths to walk or to ride your bike, no nothing. There is not access to anything. If you want to take a shower, you have to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes, in a disgusting shower.
It was HORRIBLE, I wont ever come back again, and I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, FIDDLEHEAD RESORT CAMP, IS THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank 71Cristina
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

We traveled to Fiddlehead Resort this past weekend and had a great time! We stayed in cottage 3 the 3 bdr. We called to book a cottage for two nights only, they had no problem with that. Most are weekly rentals only so its very hard to find a place for only a few nights they were very friendly when booking and no credit card is needed. The location is great its a nice and quiet area yet it's not to far from sauble. The beach is just down the street you can see the water and docks from the entrance (beautiful) we found a nice private cove just a two min drive down a bit and it was great swimming.The park is very clean and safe,with great camping lots and awsome cottages it has something for everyone. The owners were very inviting and helpful we felt like we were right at home,Kids,pets and singles are welcome, it's nice to have mix of people. The lots are nice and spaced out so your not on top of the people next to you, and with lots of room for your family to have fun and a campfire. The inside is great very clean, we had 5 adults and 1 kid and it was lots of room,dishes and tv were a bonus. I am a very picky person and this place gets an A+ from me!!!! See you next year

In response to the other post that said they wouldnt be back, I say clean up after yourself before you leave!!! The park is beautiful so I can see why they wanted you to pick your crap up. I Smoke and I smoked out by the fire and put my butts in a butt can, I would never just toss them all over the area it`s common sense!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank kimberly_st
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

I am a regular camper in the Sauble Beach area and I have stayed at many of the camps in the area. Fiddlehead Resort Camp is a safe, clean and fair camp, the sites are for the most part large and well appointed. On the long weekends these camps tend to fill up and the resort does provide extra security to ensure a safe enjoyable stay. Other resorts in the area either have too many rules (lights out and no noise past 10pm) or no rules and unsafe, Fiddlehead Resort Camp has a balanced approach if you are having fun and keep the noise to your site, they don't shut you down.

I was at the camp on the August long weekend that the other reviewer mentioned and it wasn't as bad as she made out. Yes the washrooms were closed for part of the weekend, there are out-houses in an emergency, but the closure was due to abuse of the washrooms. The men's washroom had a shower broken off and the water ran for hours draining the tanks. There was also greasy dishes dishes washed in the washroom sinks which ended up clogging the drains so badly that they had to be cut-out and replaced. If this were a provincial park they would have just hung an out of order sign on the door and closed it for the weekend. But the camp management had them back up and running in short order.

The only other thing I would say about the other review of the camp, is they say they were forced to pick up garbage off of their site by hand, all I can say is if you dirty the site yeah you should pick up your crap...leave the site the way you found it princess...

• Stayed August 2009
5 Thank reddevilcanada
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

I have been traveling to Fiddlehead resort for the past 10 years with my family of four and would highly recommend this camp to all. We have no complaints with the bathroom facilities,cleanliness of the camp, the play ground is perfect for children of all ages, the location is just a quick walk to the beach, the sites are all spacious and clean... like all campgrounds some rules do apply, Fiddlehead's rules are far from being ridiculous, try staying at some provincial parks!
If you are looking for somewhere to stay and completely enjoy your weekend or week long holiday I recommend Fiddlehead !!!

As mentioned in a previous review, I stayed at the resort that August long weekend. This was something that was caused from other visitors and the staff did the best to control the situation, a situation that was not ask for ! Under the circumstances it was resolved the best possible way they could.

If you are looking for spa like facilities then don't go camping.....

I think the best way to write a review is to experience the place yourself, the only thing we can do is advise and my advice is stay here and enjoy !

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
4 Thank 1-SunScaper
Toronto
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2008

We recently stayed at Fiddleheads this August long weekend and have been annual regulars with large groups (15+) for about 4 years.
I can advise that we will NEVER stay at this park again and will avidly urge everyone to stay away from this park.

This past long weekend we paid to stay at a camping resort with working showers, running water and a safe environment. The showers were only available (as in functioning) 4 hours each day and there was no running water for the most part of the weekend. We were asked to "keep an eye out" our first night because there were people sneaking into the campground and stealing alcohol. I would think that the fee that we paid to stay at the campground would cover security seeing as every time we left the park we had to present our wrist bands to get back in. Nevertheless our group did not complain.

After a weekend with sparse water, unavailable washrooms and showers that were clean sometimes (when they were actually functioning the cleanliness was hit or miss) we packed up our site and cleaned it up. Upon trying to get our deposit back the staff had the audacity to make members of our group go back to pick up a few cigarette buts and bottle caps that were left behind. The staff member also asked them to pick up garbage that wasn't even ours!!! While there were few butts and bottle caps you would think that this establishment would take care of miscellaneous cleaning. As a group we paid $1,750.00 to stay at this establishment and they had the gaul to make people pick up butts and bottle caps off the floor with their bare hands while one of your staff members uses a rake and complains to the guests about what a "horrible weekend" she had!!!! This is ridiculous! I can guarantee you that we will never step foot in that park again and urge anyone in the area to stay elsewhere!

13 Thank trendy_traveler_1981
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
Waterview on The Bay
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina
Wiarton Willy's Inn
Wiarton Willy's Inn
#3 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Fiddlehead Resort Camp? Share your experiences!