Fiddlehead Resort Camp
Waterview on The Bay(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$71
  • Breakfast included
US$79
US$76
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge(Wiarton)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$97
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina(Sauble Beach)(Great Value!)
US$80
Sauble Beach Lodge(Sauble Beach)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$88
US$75
US$155
US$150
Knights Inn Owen Sound(Owen Sound)(Great Value!)
US$75
Agoda.com
  • Free Internet
All reviewsshort drivecamperscampsitetrailerweekend
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Hello this is in response to Backcountry3000 as I feel that she has done a horrible review to this campground and campsite.

First off I am the hootie campsite next to this person so I would like to clear that up. For our site that night there was my girlfriend, myself and a friend that had volunteered his time for the day at an event that my work had put on for the kids, so I took him north for a few beers and a steak. Staff at the site did approaches us and ask us to turn the music down very nicely. This was after this hot head came running onto our site swearing and yelling about the noise. We did not reply we pay $8,000. The seasonal sites at Fiddle Heads are at an excellent rate not $8,000 a year. But thank you for the exaggerations on the review. For the staff at Fiddle Head they are very accommodating to the campers that come for the weekend and will do all in there power to make sure you enjoy your stay. For the seasonal campers we love the company and always enjoy meeting new friends. Oh but please do not come running over telling me how big of an A hole I am. Generally I stray away from this type of people. Life is to short for this much hate.

For the sites Fiddle Head offers a great mix of sites with Grass and sites with sand and as long as space is available the staff will let you pick the site for you stay. As well it does have a fully stocked camp store for all your needs during your stay. Great washrooms and showers that are kept immaculate for the campers, it has a great play ground for the kids that is right beside open horse pits for the parents looking to kill some time before dinner. A great majority of the sites are full service and I believe all have power.

The location itself is walking distance to one of the best beaches in Ontario and just a short drive to Sauble Beach. I have been to Daytona Beach many times with work and it is a nice beach but it is far from Sauble. I do not believe there is a building over three stories tall in the Sauble Beach area. It is an area that has plenty to offer for all ages and interests with hiking on the Bruce Trail, boating on lake Huron, canoeing on the inland lakes and great restaurants and night life just down the road.

Now Fiddle Head would not be backcountry or hike in camping which may have been better suited for backcountry3000. There is a federal park just up the road that does offer this style of camping.

To sum it up this is a great park for everyone families and couple, seasonal and weekend campers and I truly feel that this review is not a fair representation of the area or of this park.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank LakeHuronCamper
Reviewed 23 July 2012

This is a trailer park, not a campground. I paid $47.50/night for my one tent.

Our site had the camp ground's circuit breaker, and someone was messing with it in the middle of the night, so that woke me up and was weird/kinda scary to have someone walking around your tent mumbling.

They make you wear wrist bands like you're at a keg party.

The sites are pathetic and for trailers - this place does not resemble camping in any sense. They were laid with sod.

Group near us was drinking and hooting until 3:30 in the morning. When asked to quiet down, they got louder and said, "I pay $8000+ a year to keep my trailer here, so I can do what I want. You are a transient." When I spoke to the owners, the guy said, "I can't put them to bed."

There was a big party of young people the first night too, but they were on the other side of the trailer park, so it wasn't too bad - unless you were next to them!

Also, half of the pictures on their website gallery are not of the park; they are from near-by places.

My conclusion is that this whole area (Sauble) is not for camping; that is, people who like to "get away from it all and rough it." The area is for families and young party people in board shorts and straw hats: a Canadian Daytona Beach. If you like to be active during the day and have a good sleep, don't bother. This place wakes up at noon and goes to bed at 4am. It was my mistake to visit this tourist attraction.

Room Tip: Not for tents; this is a trailer park.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank backcountry3000
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Will not stay at this campground again. Site was all sand with no grass at all and no shade. We picked one of the hottest weekends to go camping and had a really rotten experience. And to top it off the showers were .50 cents for a 5 min. shower. If you want to go to the beach you must drive out onto the beach for a long time, way too far to walk but when we checked in the guy said it was just down the street. Never again at Fiddlehead.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Ann E
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have stayed at Fiddlehead in May, and we enjoyed our stay. It was peaceful and relaxing. When we came the owner told us just go through the gate and pick a site without taking any info or deposit from us. The next day we were all alone and the office was closed. It is such a nice feeling, when people trusting you. In July we will return with 3 other couples. The town is not far from the resort, and there are amazing caves and trails nearby. The beach down the road is great. you can walk for miles and our dog had fun. So we like this place, and can't wait till July.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank peekabooMuskoka
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Honestly, I really do not recommend this place, is worst than terrible. The owner charged us $30 per person per night, for a terrible service, we could not sleep those nights, because so many people were having parties around us, the owner did not do ANYTHING about it. They put so many people in that place, but they only have 3 dirty bathrooms for men and three for women. That place do not have anything, no paths to walk or to ride your bike, no nothing. There is not access to anything. If you want to take a shower, you have to pay .50 cents for 3 minutes, in a disgusting shower.
It was HORRIBLE, I wont ever come back again, and I definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, FIDDLEHEAD RESORT CAMP, IS THE WORST PLACE EVER!!!!!!!!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family