“Wonderful B & B - looking forward to returning back one day :)”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 9 Wiarton B&B and Inns
Brampton, Canada
“Wonderful B & B - looking forward to returning back one day :)”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My boyfriend & I were at Sauble Falls B & B from Aug. 10 to Aug. 12, 2014. We had an absolutely wonderful stay there. It is truly a peaceful, relaxing, zen oasis and only about a 10min drive to Sauble Beach and a 20min drive to Southampton Beach - both great. Our room was 'The River Room' - very comfortable bed, lovely breeze at night although it did get a bit too hot and muggy for us at times. They had a ceiling fan and a regular fan if you wanted to use it - we used the ceiling fan and it helped keep the room cool. The most outstanding part of the stay was the food!! - made by Doug - a retired chef! Breakfast was to die for - blueberry cobbler, frittata, scones with mango butter and strawberry jam, peach german coffee cake, fresh fruit, watermelon kiwi passion fruit juice, fluffy pancakes, and the best part of all - homemade bacon with fresh tomato slices and basil. In fact, everything was fresh and homemade and mouthwateringly delicious! One evening, we didn't want to go back out to get dinner (mainly because my boyfriend needed to rest as he wasn't feeling his best earlier that day) so I asked if dinner would at all be possible at their B & B. Doug was kind enough to accommodate and made us a delicous meal with wine, appetizers, salad, and lamb chops with roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables. My boyfriend & I normally don't even like lamb chops but because our hosts Tracey & Doug were willing to accommodate us, we were more than willing to try it....and WOW was it delicous! I honestly can't believe I ate lamb and loved it! We had a fabulous dinner with them as well - both very interesting people (Tracey is UN Peacekeeper and had amazing life experiences to share with us)....and their love story is too cute - you must ask them when you stay at the B&B. :) Before we left, my boyfriend purchased a pound of Doug's bacon (yes, you can purchase his delicious bacon!), and I purchased Doug's Strawberry jam, Blackberry jam, and Peach jam - all super yummy. All in all, my boyfriend & I had an absolutely wonderful mini getaway vacay and we look forward to returning back one day. Thank you again Tracey and Doug! ♥ :)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

You can read from the previous reviews how wonderful Sauble Falls B and B is. I can only echo the sentiments of these guests, and say that everything is simply sensational. I have just returned from yet another visit to this B and B with my daughter and we never tire of it. There is so much to do and see, but the set up is also conducive to just relaxing with a book on the deck, observing the wonders of nature all around the property, or sitting round the fire at night in a companionable atmosphere. I have always found fellow guests to be interesting and never fail to find some common ground, or learn something new. As well as that, both Doug and Tracey have stories that will hold your attention, if you ask them.

You certainly do feel pampered and you know you can ask for anything and if they have it you will get it, but you also know your wish for a quiet time will be honoured. I applaud Doug and Tracey for taking immense time and care in order to provide a warm and nurturing ambience. I have witnessed their kindness and thoughtfulness with their guests. Nothing is too much trouble.

I have always been with family and friends but have observed that it is an equally welcoming atmosphere if you stay there on your own. Again, Doug and Tracey do their best to make you feel at home and not alone but never in an intrusive manner. Now that I am a recent widow I feel confident that,I could go to visit them on my own and feel comfortable and happy there.

I am now also thinking that their set up lends itself to booking all four rooms and choosing some kind of theme for a stay there. I am certain Tracey would be able to arrange something to suit everyone's taste, be it a photography lesson, a glass blowing session at a local studio, nature walks, games challenges, or whatever... I think it would be a lot of fun. And of course there is the added bonus of having Doug prepare a wonderful dinner or two that is of a professional standard.

It also makes a wonderful and unique wedding gift that will create new memories. We have given this as a gift several times and it was always received with delight.

As always, I will continue to recommend this B and B to everyone and sing the praises of Doug and Tracey.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tricia H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Our family and friends continue to enjoy the Sauble Falls B and B experience several times a year for the last 15 plus years. We consider this unique bed and breakfast experience our four season getaway! We will often book all four rooms, making for a great family and friends getaway. Once we celebrated my friend's birthday in the hot tub, under the stars, by the light of the camp-fire! It was heavenly. Doug and Tracey are always excellent hosts and strike a wonderful balance of giving you personal space as well as pampering. Bring your appetite! Doug is an accomplished chef who prepares everything from scratch and his home-made bacon, smoked on-site is the best I have ever tasted! We never tire of visiting this region. You can relax, bike, hike, kayak, canoe, play games and explore til your heart's content.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emma S
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at Sauble Falls B&B for 2 days this summer. What an absolute delight!
Doug and Tracey were really welcoming, friendly and interesting hosts. Both have fascinating backgrounds: Tracey is very well travelled and is happy to share her experiences (if asked); Doug worked as an accomplished chef (which becomes apparent during your stay). They have got the balance just right and engage with their guests appropriately.
The location, adjacent to the Rankin River, is idyllic (look out for Stumpy the tame chipmunk).
The hosts always seem to go that extra mile - Doug accompanied my family down the Rankin one evening to show us where we could observe a colony of beavers (along with snapping turtle, frogs, garter snake and ospreys) - amazing!
The food is superb. Breakfast was without question the best we had during our trip to Canada. Do try an evening meal too, we ate lake trout and were then treated to a chocolate volcano pudding. Both professionally prepared by Doug, that would rival any high class hotel cuisine.
The experience of staying at Sauble Falls B&B is etched into my mind.
We have already recommended this B&B to people on our travels and will continue to do so. It comes with the highest recommendation and I hope your business thrives.
The Blackwood Family, UK

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank MarkUK2014
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Words cannot give justice to how it felt vacationing at The Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast! But we will sure try to describe our awesome stay there. We were treated to our stay to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, and what a perfect place to celebrate!!! The B&B itself is great, the view beautiful! Tracey & Doug make you feel like guests – not clients! They are so warm and caring, as well as extremely accommodating. The place has a very cozy atmosphere. The food is AMAZING!!! We now understand what people mean when they write in the guest books “breakfast will never be the same”! It never will, thanks to all the delicious treats Doug prepares every day! The home smoked bacon is unbelievable, and the frittatas are to die for!!! Each day Doug outdoes himself with his creations. Tracey keeps everything neat and there is such a homey feel to the place. There are kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards you can use. There are all kinds of games to play, and a TV in the living room – but who has time for TV?! The rooms are very comfortable, and you get your own bathroom! Across the street is Sauble Falls – magnificent! About a 5 minute drive down the road is the beach – 11 kms of white sandy beach, and beautiful water! And free parking at the beach! There are lots of hiking trails and bicycle paths along the water all around the area. The sunsets are gorgeous!!! Even when it rained – we had one day of rain – it was so relaxing, hanging out at the B&B, and playing games with other guests. And, if you plan it in advance, Doug makes you the most delicious suppers – even the ones he modestly calls “just a simple meal”!!! Tracey sets the table in an appealing way, and takes time to chat about what you did all day, and to tell you about different places in the neighbourhood. She even lets you know the special quiet spots to go, just to get away from all the hustle and bustle! All in all, our stay at the Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast was superb, and we cannot wait to go back!!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindasheldon
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hosts were the perfect mix of attentive and interesting, while at the same time letting you have your space to relax. The location couldn't' be better my husband and I had an amazing time hiking and kayaking and finished the day with a campfire and a soak in the hot tub.

The food was far better than any hotel restaurant I've ever eaten in (to say the least). We even had dinner at the inn including fresh trout (caught that day) and amazing risotto. I will definitely come back!

Jacquie

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JacquieCicc
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My family and I stayed at Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast this summer and absolutely loved it. The location is fantastic, right by the falls, where we swam and fished, and the B&B has canoes, kayaks and paddleboards which you can take out down the river. My boyfriend and I sat and watched two beavers on the river bank from our kayaks for half an hour, such a glorious and peaceful moment! We also saw hummingbirds, turtles, chipmunks and so much more beautiful wildlife, right from the back deck! The B&B itself is gorgeous, really well maintained, comfortable, and well decorated, and the breakfasts are truly spectacular, several delicious and varied courses, home baked and fresh to perfection, home smoked bacon, the list goes on! Tracey and Doug are super friendly and cool hosts. We are really hoping to go back some time to enjoy it all again and to see the salmon run up the falls! Overall, a magical place to spend time which you will never forget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank burgessfe
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
Waterview on The Bay
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Southampton
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
Kit Wat Motel Restaurant & Marina

Been to Sauble Falls Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!