“Pleasantly Surprised!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Evergreen Forest B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Evergreen Forest B&B
Ranked #3 of 9 Wiarton B&B and Inns
Brampton, Canada
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My cousin booked us a Girls Weekend Getaway, which included the bike/canoe day. Before we even headed out, I had a question regarding the accommodations and sent an email. It was the fastest and friendliest response I ever received. The night we arrived we were greeted by Caroline and she brought us the most amazing parfaits I've ever tasted. We sat in the common room and chatted the night away. We are all early risers, so at 5:30 when we were all wanting a coffee, there is a kitchenette in the common room and we had our coffees and watched the sunrise. Breakfast was delish! Doug drove us all in his big truck to meet Jim, who was taking us on the biking portion. Doug was super friendly and fun and we had great conversation on the drive. Jim took us on a tour of the area on our bikes, we chatted away like we knew him for years. I could have biked for days. We met Doug and his son (I'm so sorry, I forgot his name, I think it was Shawn?) and they served us a picnic lunch on the Mayor's property, who has a beautiful public garden that we toured. Next stop was the canoe trip. All three gentlemen took us out in 3 canoe's and it was the most beautiful day. We paddled part of the Aboriginal portage, while the guys gave us some history. Arriving tired, hungry and happy, Caroline served us home made pizza, and the best banana cream pie I've ever tasted. We were all in bed before dark, ha ha! Sunday's breakfast was bacon, eggs, and home fries. We didn't want to leave!

I cannot say enough about this place. The other guests seemed equally pleased.

We will be coming back for sure, either for the fall or winter, or if I have my way, both!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robin M
evergreenbnb, Owner at Evergreen Forest B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2015
Robin,
Doug and I still talk about you ladies, all good of course! It was such fun getting to know you and having great conversations. Thank you, Caroline and Doug

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
St Pauls Station
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a great 50th Birthday Girls Weekend Getaway with 6 of my closest firends. Caroline and Doug were wonderful hosts and they have a very welcoming and beautiful home. This is only the 2nd B&B I've been to, but I am soooo looking forward to going back with my husband. The Girls Getaway Weekend was full of great food and fun times. What wonderful memories I have to cherish for the rest of my life. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colleen C
London, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We just got back home from our "Girlfriends Getaway" weekend. This place is SPECTACULAR!!!! We were greeted with apple crumble pie with icecream and wine. We got settled in to our beautiful rooms, and enjoyed conversation with our hosts. Caroline booked our day on Saturday with a wagon ride, lunch at the Green Door Café, and then jewellery making at the Painted Turtle in Wiarton. Every one of us had a ball!!! We came home to a nice relaxing fire, gourmet pizza and salad and an incredible chocolate cake dessert. Our breakfasts were DIVINE. Would we go back?????? WE SURE WOULD. Thank you so much, for making your home, our home!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharyl K
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Truly, I could detail each and every minutiae of practical perfection that we experienced on this stay but it would take way too long and still probably wouldn't do justice to the inevitably wonderful experience you will have at Caroline and Doug's B&B. We say, don't hesitate, pick up the phone and call, you won't be disappointed. Here is as succinct a summary as I can muster.

We booked the "Romantic Getaway".
I can't imagine anything would be better than this stay. From the first greeting to our last departure we were accommodated with respect, courtesy and cordiality. Our stay was for 2 nights as a spring solstice/"Nowruz" celebration and to get away for the big city for a little while.

For our meals, we had 2 breakfasts, both great. We had a sit down dinner cooked by our host on our second night and this was great as well. Pretty much every food item was made in as wholesome a manner as seasonally possible and the passion put into the meals showed through. I could go on for several paragraphs, but in short, our host was very accommodating to the dietary needs of us and the other couple who was there over the same period, and with those accommodations the food was fantastic! There were also plenty of little treats to nibble on when it was not meal time, like: dessert treats, small snacks and coffee/tea. The desserts were AWESOME and really hit the spot when we need it.

The property itself is peaceful, situated well away from nearby roads and highways. It is a 5-7 minute drive from Wiarton proper. It was covered in a half metre of snow while we were there but our hosts maintained it very well. The interior was very nicely decorated, everything was well arranged in the bedroom, bathroom and the common rooms. The cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the spaces within this B&B really shone through.

The friendliness of our hosts was also remarkable. Not overbearing with just the right amount of personalized professionalism we could ask for. They were very accommodating with questions about what do around the area and ensured that we always knew where we were going and what we could be doing in the area. While we were not staying at the B&B we were out snowshoeing around the area, to that end they shuttled us to a nearby trail and helped us plan out that particular route as well as find other places to trek the next day. We also got to use their telescope to view a few planets and stars, this on a freezing cold (approx -15C) night, our host rolled out this beast of a telescopic got it all arranged in the right direction and tutored us on Jupiter and its moons while a group of us took turns looking through the lens.

Part of our package was also a sleigh ride on a trail not too far from the B&B. It may sound cheesey, but it was a great complement to a fantastic stay.

Cost is always a factor when deciding where to stay and everyone has a different scale of value, but we can say with surety that at Evergreen Forest B&B, IT IS WORTH IT!

Room Tip: Your host(s) are the best judge of which room will suit you. We only saw 2 of them ourselves and th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I travel an extensive amount for my job, which takes me to some pretty amazing resorts and hotels; so it was a complete delight as well as surprise that my absolute favorite accommodations that I have ever encountered is (of all places) just a few miles south of Wiarton Ontario. Immediately upon arrival it was obvious that a memorable discovery had just occurred. The hosts (Doug and Caroline) make you feel like you are a returning best friend from the moment you walk in the door, and by the time you leave it does feel like you are leaving such a friend. First off, the accommodations are immaculate in every manner. The facility is spotless beyond description or imagination. I must also say that the bed truly was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and quite likely the most comfortable 6 nights rest I have ever enjoyed. I had the opportunity to see all 4 of the rooms and I must say they are all absolutely spectacular. Each room is equipped with satellite tv signal with access to near countless channels.

What is very unique about this B&B is the design and separation of the accommodations from the host's home. The common area and rooms are so separated that you feel like you are staying in a 2,000 sq ft room. In the common area the hosts have appointed a refrigerator with sodas, juice, water and milk for your enjoyment...and how could I leave out the always present freshly baked goodies ( cookies and muffins).

When it comes to "breakfast", be sure you wake hungry. Caroline and Doug serve such an meal that it will have you going to bed dreaming of what may await you. From pancakes with real maple syrup and fruit...to fresh eggs collected just 50 years away, Canadian bacon, home made chili sauce, breads and preserves...you will truly be pampered.

Caroline and Doug are truly delightful people that you will enjoy sitting down at night in front of the fire sharing stories and laughs with.

When we visited, we experience remarkable amounts of snowfall and each morning we woke with a freshly shoveled path not only out to our car but kindly along the sir of the vehicle to each door. The reason I share this is because it was the efforts of Doug and Caroline's wonderful teenagers. Moments of such kindness and thoughtful hospitality are constant.

If it appears that I am smitten by the accommodations then that would be a pretty accurate statement.

You will simply not find accommodations any better, more comfortable, cleaner or more welcoming than the Evergreen Forest B&B .

I can't wait to return to this treasure this summer where I know that as I walk in I will be greeted by Caroline saying "welcome home".

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Recently spent a wonderful girls weekend...it was absolutely amazing! Caroline and Doug were the perfect hosts...not to mention the food! The accommodations were great, rooms perfectly decorated, and very comfortable. I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before and was always apprehensive about doing so, until I stayed here! Would so look forward to going back to this wonderful place! It was a great experience, to talk to our wonderful hosts....meet their family as well as the other guests. Very relaxed atmosphere and would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to everyone! Thank you so much Caroline , Doug and family for making our girls weekend a memorable and fantastic experience! Will,definitely come back!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I explored the Bruce and we decided to stay here because of their accommodations with my celiac disease. The best choice we ever made! An absolutely beautiful property and a beautiful home. The bed was really comfy and the door to the outside was nice for some fresh air in the AM. The rooms were quite wonderful - would have been quite pricey in toronto. One thing I especially loved about this B&B was the fact that you had your own space but still had that close feeling - the best of both worlds. Service was amazing, everything was amazing! I honestly can't wait to go back! I

Room Tip: All of them are great!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank marijana d
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
BEST WESTERN Inn On The Bay
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
The Fitz Hostel
The Fitz Hostel
#1 of 2 in Lion's Head

Been to Evergreen Forest B&B? Share your experiences!