“terrific B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wiarton
Evergreen Forest B&B
Ranked #3 of 9 Wiarton B&B and Inns
Chatham, Canada
“terrific B&B”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This B&B ticks all the boxes. The rooms are 5 star and the food well presented and very tasty. Carole and Doug go all out to ensure that their guests have a good time. Doug and his telescope gave us a great view of Saturn. We failed to see the planet the first two nights as it was cloudy but he was persistent. and we all enjoyed his information on the sky we were looking at the third night.. We stayed seven nights and this B&B just got better and better. Thank you very much

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
evergreenbnb, Owner at Evergreen Forest B&B, responded to this review, 7 March 2015
Having you and your wife stay with us for the week gave us a chance to get to kow you. We enjoyed our many conversation at the breakfast table. I do hope you are able to come again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Caroline & Doug are warm, friendly hosts. Our room was spacious and clean. I had emailed Caroline with a ton of questions as this would be my first B&B experience and she answered them all promptly.

Reception was really nice - she made a yogurt parfait for each of us and there was a little basket on the bed with a couple mint patties and tourism brochures.

We had yummy pancakes for breakfast one day (she makes them with fruit on top but since I had mentioned I don't like fruit but I love chocolate, she loaded mine up with chocolate chips instead!). Eggs with home fries and bread the next day.

Overall great experience and very accomdiating hosts.

Please note though that the town of Wiarton closes up pretty early. We went for dinner after arriving around 10 pm and our options were basically Subway or a local pizza place.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My sister in law and I wanted a girlfriends getaway weekend that would be a combination of creativity and relaxation. Evergreen Forest's creative package was perfect for us! I have never met more accommodating people than Caroline and Doug. Right from the first phone call to when it was time to leave they were terrific. My sister in law has several food allergies... gluten, dairy, and egg free. Caroline researched and tested recipes prior to our arrival and served us amazing parfaits, homemade pizza, pancakes, pie, etc.
She also did all the planning, scheduling and booking of our activities. It was so wonderful to have this taken care of. Our carriage ride through the woods was beautiful. The trilliums were in bloom (June 1st) and the unusual ferns and moss covering the rocks were enchanting. Dirk and his wife were very welcoming and they served us some tea afterwards.
We had lunch at the Green Door in Wiarton which had a nice selection of menu items at a good price. Our jewelry making session at the Painted Turtle was fabulous. We made heart necklaces by bending and hammering aluminum wire, made matching earrings, then graduated on to designing and making hammered copper bracelets. I love the pieces I made and have received many compliments on them. Wenda was a very patient and encouraging instructor. The only draw back was that you had to stand the whole time, but we were so intent on what we were making that we hardly noticed. We both would love to go back and create more jewelry.
We had a clear starry night and Doug set up his telescope. We got to see saturn and its rings
and Jupiter.
The whole weekend was super and we would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We had a room with a queen bed and a twin bed in it... also had our own bathroom.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phyllis B
Having you two ladies stay with us was a pleasure. I am so glad you enjoyed doing the Creative Girlfriend, the jewelry you two made was beautiful. Thank you for staying with us.
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My cousin booked us a Girls Weekend Getaway, which included the bike/canoe day. Before we even headed out, I had a question regarding the accommodations and sent an email. It was the fastest and friendliest response I ever received. The night we arrived we were greeted by Caroline and she brought us the most amazing parfaits I've ever tasted. We sat in the common room and chatted the night away. We are all early risers, so at 5:30 when we were all wanting a coffee, there is a kitchenette in the common room and we had our coffees and watched the sunrise. Breakfast was delish! Doug drove us all in his big truck to meet Jim, who was taking us on the biking portion. Doug was super friendly and fun and we had great conversation on the drive. Jim took us on a tour of the area on our bikes, we chatted away like we knew him for years. I could have biked for days. We met Doug and his son (I'm so sorry, I forgot his name, I think it was Shawn?) and they served us a picnic lunch on the Mayor's property, who has a beautiful public garden that we toured. Next stop was the canoe trip. All three gentlemen took us out in 3 canoe's and it was the most beautiful day. We paddled part of the Aboriginal portage, while the guys gave us some history. Arriving tired, hungry and happy, Caroline served us home made pizza, and the best banana cream pie I've ever tasted. We were all in bed before dark, ha ha! Sunday's breakfast was bacon, eggs, and home fries. We didn't want to leave!

I cannot say enough about this place. The other guests seemed equally pleased.

We will be coming back for sure, either for the fall or winter, or if I have my way, both!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robin M
Robin,
Doug and I still talk about you ladies, all good of course! It was such fun getting to know you and having great conversations. Thank you, Caroline and Doug
St Pauls Station
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had a great 50th Birthday Girls Weekend Getaway with 6 of my closest firends. Caroline and Doug were wonderful hosts and they have a very welcoming and beautiful home. This is only the 2nd B&B I've been to, but I am soooo looking forward to going back with my husband. The Girls Getaway Weekend was full of great food and fun times. What wonderful memories I have to cherish for the rest of my life. Looking forward to going back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Colleen C
London, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We just got back home from our "Girlfriends Getaway" weekend. This place is SPECTACULAR!!!! We were greeted with apple crumble pie with icecream and wine. We got settled in to our beautiful rooms, and enjoyed conversation with our hosts. Caroline booked our day on Saturday with a wagon ride, lunch at the Green Door Café, and then jewellery making at the Painted Turtle in Wiarton. Every one of us had a ball!!! We came home to a nice relaxing fire, gourmet pizza and salad and an incredible chocolate cake dessert. Our breakfasts were DIVINE. Would we go back?????? WE SURE WOULD. Thank you so much, for making your home, our home!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sharyl K
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Truly, I could detail each and every minutiae of practical perfection that we experienced on this stay but it would take way too long and still probably wouldn't do justice to the inevitably wonderful experience you will have at Caroline and Doug's B&B. We say, don't hesitate, pick up the phone and call, you won't be disappointed. Here is as succinct a summary as I can muster.

We booked the "Romantic Getaway".
I can't imagine anything would be better than this stay. From the first greeting to our last departure we were accommodated with respect, courtesy and cordiality. Our stay was for 2 nights as a spring solstice/"Nowruz" celebration and to get away for the big city for a little while.

For our meals, we had 2 breakfasts, both great. We had a sit down dinner cooked by our host on our second night and this was great as well. Pretty much every food item was made in as wholesome a manner as seasonally possible and the passion put into the meals showed through. I could go on for several paragraphs, but in short, our host was very accommodating to the dietary needs of us and the other couple who was there over the same period, and with those accommodations the food was fantastic! There were also plenty of little treats to nibble on when it was not meal time, like: dessert treats, small snacks and coffee/tea. The desserts were AWESOME and really hit the spot when we need it.

The property itself is peaceful, situated well away from nearby roads and highways. It is a 5-7 minute drive from Wiarton proper. It was covered in a half metre of snow while we were there but our hosts maintained it very well. The interior was very nicely decorated, everything was well arranged in the bedroom, bathroom and the common rooms. The cleanliness, maintenance and organization of the spaces within this B&B really shone through.

The friendliness of our hosts was also remarkable. Not overbearing with just the right amount of personalized professionalism we could ask for. They were very accommodating with questions about what do around the area and ensured that we always knew where we were going and what we could be doing in the area. While we were not staying at the B&B we were out snowshoeing around the area, to that end they shuttled us to a nearby trail and helped us plan out that particular route as well as find other places to trek the next day. We also got to use their telescope to view a few planets and stars, this on a freezing cold (approx -15C) night, our host rolled out this beast of a telescopic got it all arranged in the right direction and tutored us on Jupiter and its moons while a group of us took turns looking through the lens.

Part of our package was also a sleigh ride on a trail not too far from the B&B. It may sound cheesey, but it was a great complement to a fantastic stay.

Cost is always a factor when deciding where to stay and everyone has a different scale of value, but we can say with surety that at Evergreen Forest B&B, IT IS WORTH IT!

Room Tip: Your host(s) are the best judge of which room will suit you. We only saw 2 of them ourselves and th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiarton
Waterview on The Bay
The Spirit Rock Outpost & Lodge
Wiarton Willy's Inn
Wiarton Willy's Inn
#3 of 4 in Wiarton

Been to Evergreen Forest B&B? Share your experiences!