“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wiarton
Brantford, Canada
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband, myself and 3 other couples stayed at this hotel over the past weekend. Each couple had their own rooms and they were all in the good condition. Reasonably priced, rooms were spacious and clean, (rooms did not smell foul or stuffy like some places) Raymond and his wife were friendly people. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY STAY THERE AGAIN, and would tell anyone else that was looking for an affordable place to stay to check it out. As for some of the negative reviews posted.....some people want the friggin Ritz for the price of an econolodge. There are people out there that wouldn't be satisfied with anything.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

Just come back from a trip to Owen Sound. Stayed at Wiarton Willy's Inn. We had a large room, two queen sized beds, fridge, tv. Our room was cleaned every day, fresh towels. Nice complimentary breakfast with fresh coffee, juice, toast, muffins, dry cereal. The dining room was spotless. It was excellent value. We will definitely be staying again when in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank luvroadtrips4two
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

thank you to Raymond & Joanna. they keep this motel & pool in great condition & very clean! couldn't ask for better. and th ey were so pleasant & helpful. we stayed there before & will definatly go back!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jeannecp55
Wiarton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

So clean and nice.I stay there so many times.good price and free continental breakfast and free WiFi..If you go to Wiarton.You can stay there.They are so nice people.I think best place from Tobermory to Sable beach.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Raymond C
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We came from Victoria to purchase a house in the Bruce Penninsula area and made a booking for four nights at this motel. Upon entering the room and smelling strong urine, a toilet that hadn't been cleaned and black hair in the sink.....we immediately told owner we were not staying but
before we could get in touch with Visa he had charged us two nights stay. We have travelled quite
extensive and have never ever had such a bad experience. Unfortunately, his bad service in our opinion is a bad reflection on Wiarton.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bar2468

Travellers are raving about these Wiarton hotels

Hillsdale Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I had made reservations for 4 nights as we had family in the area gathering from far and wide for a special occasion. When asked how many were in the party, I honestly answered 1-3, as other family would be coming ,but arrival time not yet determined. When i knew, I asked if they required a license plate# . They said no. The next time the owner saw my daughter, he stopped her and asked her how many were in the party, which she answered. This owner when he saw me stated that he did not know. Strange!! as on the check in card I had clearly written it. When the following day I reported that I would be having visitors(not over night), he stated that was not OK. They were only to be outside, and could not enter the room or ?? use any of the facilities?? What the grass is owned too?? I asked for a reason...they might use some water.
Speaking with this man, he watched his TV, never spoke directly to me and was clearly rude and condescending. I am over 60 and have never been so astonished at the lack of customer service . I stated at this point I would check out. Of course , no refund.
The advertised playground is unsafe for children. The breakfast was a loaf of bread, a container of Imperial margarine, no name brand cereal in family sized open boxes. I wonder what the board of health would think of their serving techniques. The beds had earwigs +++.
The cleaning woman and the wife of the proprietor were friendly and accomodating, but that is not enough. Over $400 for 3 nights NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY from this one