“A seriously sketchy place”
Review of Pacific Hotel

Pacific Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Wiarton
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: International
Description: This is a charming historic hotel with friendly staff and friendly environment. The hotel/restaurant/bar is located in the heart of Wiarton on the main street and only few steps form the shore. We also offer cottages located on the Georgian Bay shore only 10 minutes drive away. The restaurant menu offers choices between Jamaican inspired dishes as well as family favorites.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

One review I saw suggested that you had to get over your first impression of the place. My advice is, don't. Very strange people were inhabiting this place when we went there. We got shown to our table by a customer in the bar, not an actual employee. Despite stating it is a steak house, there is no steak on the menu and when you ask about it, the waiter disappears for a bit and then returns to tell you they have none. We did not actually eat there and honestly, I had totally lost my appetite. This is a place where when you walk in, everyone stops what they are doing, goes quiet and just stares at you. I cannot imagine how hungry I would have to be to eat here,

3  Thank ElaineEdmonton
There are newer reviews for Pacific Hotel

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had family tell us that the Pacific was a great place to dine. We had never been there before as the outside appearance is very deceiving. We walked in through the front door to a lovely foyer and further in a welcoming dining room with white linens. We were with family we don't see often so we had lots to talk about, which in this case was a good thing. Our food took well over an hour to receive and each person who ordered received their meal at different times. I must say the food options were very appealing and the meals we had were very good. I had a chicken wrap which was very tasty but not filling enough. Overall we enjoyed this establishment for our family visit, but you really need to have lots of time if you choose to eat here.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lunching at The Pacific in Wiarton? then make sure you have over an hour as food coming out of the kitchen is a long wait time, and does not come out consistently. Anyone with a 1/2 to 1 hour lunch time would never make it back to work in time. Two of our party were done their entrees long before the rest received theirs. The Seafood Salad's seafood had ice particles in it, and overall a huge disappointment.. The Pulled Pork Sandwich, & Caribbean Chicken Clubhouse sandwiches were both excellent. The Veggie Wrap was good but nothing exceptional. Side Salads were good portions. Food Service Poor, however Food Server Good.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Hands down the best food in the greater grey Bruce area . Chef john delivered the best steak and bread pudding I have ever had . This is the new food place to go in wiarton or any where in the region . Well done pacific inn

1  Thank egghjd
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

From the outside, one would not expect a white linened, five-star Chef by the name of John.

We started with chicken tetrazzini soup which was absolutely delicious and a very comfortable size. We then noshed on a variation on bruschetta which included asiago cheese, vegetables and lightly toasted. Absolute YUM!

Main course was blackened locally caught whitefish with sautéed vegetable that were the perfect blend of cooked yet crunchy with basmati rice. The whitefish is the perfect amount of "heat" (black, white and cayenne peppers). Just flaked away, not fishy and excellent portioning.

The highlight was the bread pudding (with made from scratch croissants) with vanilla cream sauce, apple reduction and vanilla ice cream.

What a delightful surprise and an absolutely scrumptious dinner from start to finish. Chef John clearly loves and excels at the art of cooking and presentation.

I can't wait to go back for lunch and brunch.

I thought too late to take plating pictures but really, you MUST try this place for an amazing dinner and the prices were shockingly reasonable.

I would dine here nightly if I lived closer. I cannot rave enough about this place. Glad we took the chance, we were NOT disappointed.

2  Thank jenwin67