“Good Food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Manteno, Illinois
“Good Food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The menu items at the Wiarton Inn and Restaurant are very wholesome and delicious! Definitely a place I would recommend to all those traveling in Wiarton, Ontario, Canada. A peaceful place to enjoy a meal.

• Visited May 2013

King City, Canada
“Thanksgiving Monday Evening, October 12, 2013”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

24 Caledon Hills BTC hikers unexpectedly invaded the Inn for dinner and were all well served a very nice meal at a reasonable price! Staff were called back in to help serve. CONGRATULATIONS to the Inn for looking after our group so well at a moment's notice!
oh yeah, we dropped quite a few bucks with them with drinks with dinner!
Dave P CHBTC hike leader

• Visited October 2013
Burlington
“Bad service, food so-so.”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

My wife & I arrived with our 17 mo for dinner - haven't done many dinners out with the little one and so we were trying it out while on vacation. We arrived at 5:45 knowing our little one would need food by 6:30 - planned to order fish to share (she likes fish).

It was a Saturday night, they had only one server on the floor and a 3/4 full house, had to pull someone from the kitchen to help serve - the kitchenaire had a terrible attitude.

Menu said "Pan seared white fish cooked in canola oil". The fish came out battered, looking deep fried - my wife is gluten intolerant, so had to send her's back. No apology, just a huffy kitchen / waiter.

It took almost 50 minutes to get our food the first time, and then almost the same amount of time to get the correct, non-battered fish for my wife. It was supposed to come with "Vegetables" - all they served was turnip. Not a mix of anything, just chunks of turnip.

My daughter was freaking out by the time we actually had food on the table, having exceeded her ability to wait for food... We had to pull out stuff from our own supplies to try and feed her, I was finished my dinner well before my wife got hers, my wife didn't even get to finish her wine. I had to get up and go look for napkins after not getting any the first time we asked, when we asked for the bill they failed to bring it to us, and when I got the bill they had done nothing for us on it at all - not even comp a wine.

I complained about the situation and how my wife didn't even get to finish her wine, the kitchen / waiter basically told me it was my own fault, but then after arguing grudgingly comped my wife's wine.

“Nice spot for lunch!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Adorable setting, good food. Sad to see it is for sale, hopefully it will stay in business and offer the same good food, friendly service and nice setting!

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Basic basic food, okay, but bland”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Wife and I went for dinner, limited options around. This place is not an Irish Pub, it's a family diner with a few Pub items. All very generic and bland ( basically from a box ) I would have rather went to subway.
And not even Cheap !!! restaurant makeover could do an episode here, the building has charm its just done all wrong.

1 Thank Jason C